CDIH
I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday (/showthread.php?tid=12768)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday - diceisgod - 12-05-2007

That's "close".

And if I weren't the only one to think "The Slaughter of the Indians" (1970s) was very funny, I might put that out there as a guess.

Re: I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday - Rooner - 12-05-2007

Close hell. Im guaranteeing that my guess is correct. As it is a stellar movie, for what it is.

If you are correct, you might not be able to figure out if that has been registered by our shut-in gameshow host who JUST saw Rambo for the first time ever. Look at this statement below, then look at the context and then I wish you good luck whether you be right or wrong.

Quote:For the record this is the first correct guess.

I guess I could technically claim the first right answer too, as my deduction brought about the truth of his for shit philosophy of the naming of First Blood.

My first guess was that he was either or both The Sleeper & Galt fucking around.
My second would be he is so dense as to be thought black or some other minority.
But I think the right one is he's a friggin fruit loop.

I still like him though as he's my vote for poster of the year.

When does said voting occur anyway?

Who cares. This place is a tomb.

Least we have each other.

Re: I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday - Bloody Anus - 12-05-2007

Nightbreed is correct. I could technically say that Rooner's guess is nullified because Nightbreed is one word and not two, but that would just be unreasonable.

So that leaves 2:

[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]

70s (Comedy): Couldn't have had a female on screen for more than 5 minutes.
00s (ComDra): The name of the movie is not mentioned at all in dialogue or monologue.

There are a slew of movies I've never seen that would fall into the "YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THAT!?!? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!" category, Rambo being one of them. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say the 70's comedy falls into that category as well.

Ive never seen any of the godfather movies.

And Im going to call the first one Blazin Saddles, which I have also never seen.

Rooner Wrote:Ive never seen any of the godfather movies.

And Im going to call the first one Blazin Saddles, which I have also never seen.

"Whew! They're darker than us!"

But actually no, if that's Blazing Saddles then I'm a fucking Mohican.

Re: I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday - Bloody Anus - 12-07-2007

Blazing Saddles is incorrect.

Re: I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday - diceisgod - 12-07-2007

Given the "WTF? YOU NEVER SEEN THAT!" factor, no chicks (barely)... 1st I'll guess ---> Monty Python & the Holy Grail

2nd guess (though not the "wtf's wrong with you" type movie in my mind) ---> Jabberwocky

Re: I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday - Bloody Anus - 12-07-2007

Monty Python & the Holy Grail is correct!

00s(ComDra): The name of the movie is not mentioned at all in dialogue or monologue. Main star is not usually in dramas.

Re: I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday - diceisgod - 12-08-2007

I will take another looong shot because for some strange reason your screenshot reminds me of the part near the end when the "lead" character (if I'm right) is laying on the ground dying after getting hit by a car. But the problem is it's listed as a '99 release & NOT as a "comdra" - at least not as having sufficient enough a "comedy element" that would warrant such categorization (though I found it brilliantly funny):

Cruel Intentions??

So this is probably way wrong but consider still also the hint: "Main star is not usually in dramas" - Is Sarah Michelle's "Buffy" work considered drama? Sci-Fi/horror maybe...But of course I thought the "main" star ("star" is a stretch btw) was the Sebastian guy and I swear that's the only movie I know him ever to be in. He's a zero so I find it far from notable to state him not typically being in such "dramas" because ...afterall....wtf else was he in?

As you can see this guess has many twists & holes but even if wrong, I bet BA is now convinced this is indeed the correect answer regardless and this is indeed the movie he saw in his 10+ hour movie marathon - even if he didn't... nor even if he never seen it before (if the latter, WTF is wrong with him?! Awesome movie!).

Re: I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday - Bloody Anus - 12-09-2007

I have not seen Cruel Intentions and will not anytime soon since you just ruined the ending.

If by "listed as" you mean what imdb lists it as, then this movie would also not fall into the "comedy" categorization, though that's what I thought it was heading into it (mainly because of the main star), and nothing changed my mind upon seeing it.

Re: I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday - diceisgod - 12-09-2007

The ending (or part of it) of CI is unimportant. In fact, the movie's quality declines slowly as Sebastian becomes more and more of a sissy as he falls deeper in love with that blonde cunt (btw this fact of the "sprouting love storyline" is also irrelevant). If that was your only & "legitimate" reason for not watching it (ie if it wasn't just manufactured to spite me), then I would wager that if you watched CI five times verses some of the crap that's being unveiled herein you would have a more pleasurable movie vieiwng experience. Granted Rambo was good and Holy Grail was so-so. But Nightbreed I never heard of and it's probably a piece of shit, and FF2 I've heard of but at best I'd say it's so-so as I've see the first and "barely so-so" was my opinion of it.

In short, consider watching Cruel Intentions....if only once...and if you're not just being unreasonable again out of spite, Mr. Mid-Game-Rule-Changer-Point-Taker-Awayer.

Re: I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday - funsnapsdyno - 12-09-2007

Bloody Anus Wrote:00s(ComDra): The name of the movie is not mentioned at all in dialogue or monologue. Main star is not usually in dramas.

Lost In Translation. What do I win?

Re: I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday - diceisgod - 12-09-2007

A new tea kettle and a lifetime supply of Lactaid.

Re: I watched 5 (five) movies yesterday - funsnapsdyno - 12-09-2007

YES!