CDIH
Teacher busted for selling cocaine - .... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Teacher busted for selling cocaine - .... (/showthread.php?tid=1280)

- HedCold - 04-16-2002

this guy was my english teacher in 6th and 7th grade. he even gave me this lecture once on how its wrong to pull the chair out from under people because i got caught doing it to this half retarded kid. and now he's 'allegedly' selling drugs.

Quote:Dean nabbed in drug bust

Michael Campbell of Laurie Intermediate School charged with intent to sell cocaine in Brooklyn

Monday, April 15, 2002

By MICHAEL SCHOLL
ADVANCE STAFF WRITER

The man in charge of laying down the law for students at a New Springville intermediate school was behind bars last night after narcotics cops arrested him for allegedly trying to sell cocaine on a Brooklyn street.

Michael Campbell, 38, the dean of students at Laurie Intermediate School, was found to be in possession of about 20 grams of cocaine when he was arrested around 7:30 p.m. yesterday near the corner of Bay 16th Street and 84th Street in the Bath Beach section of the borough.

Campbell, a resident of Boulder Street in Annadale, was nabbed by officers from the Brooklyn South Narcotics Unit conducting a "buy and bust" operation, police said.

Campbell was found to be in possession of 10 aluminum tins filled with powder cocaine, a police source said. Each tin contained about two grams of the drug.

A two-gram tin of cocaine has a street value of between $50 to $100, depending on the purity of the drug.

Police also found a small amount of marijuana in one of Campbell's pockets, the source said.

Police said Campbell was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance with an intent to sell. He faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted of the charge.

He also faces a misdemeanor charge of marijuana possession.

Campbell is expected to be arraigned in Brooklyn Criminal Court today.

It was unclear whether Campbell was caught in a random drug sweep or as part of a long term police investigation.

Police would not say if Campbell was suspected of conducting drug sales on the grounds of Laurie Intermediate.

News of Campbell's arrest was greeted with shock by Roberta Kofflert, the president of Laurie's Parent-Teacher Association

"I find it really hard to believe," Ms. Kofflert said. "He's innocent until proven guilty and I'm sure there's a story to this."

Ms. Kofflert said Campbell has done an excellent job at Laurie.

"He's a terrific dean," she said. "He's very well respected.

"He does a great job at the school."

Reached at school this morning, Peter Macellari, the principal of Laurie Intermediate, said he has not been officially notified of Campbell's arrest. He also said he could not comment on the situation.

- Rape Fantasizer - 04-16-2002

Damnit, I didn't have teachers like that.

- Galt - 04-16-2002

LINK. WE DEMAND A LINK!!

- HedCold - 04-16-2002

here you go {Big Grin}

- Sean Cold - 04-16-2002

Quote:LINK. WE DEMAND A LINK!!

Now, ain't that some shit.:poopain:

None of my teachers ever get caught doing anything that would give me the fuckin pleasure of laughing in thier faces. Unless, of course, you count the fact that they work for the NYC board of education.