CDIH
The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time (/showthread.php?tid=12820)

Pages: 1 2

The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - diceisgod - 01-08-2008

EVER

"It's simple as this: Just when they think...they have the answers...I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS!" - The Greatest

10) The Rock
9) Chris Jericho
8] Goldust
7) Jake "The Snake" Roberts
6) "The American Dream" Dusty Rhoades
5) "The Legion of Doom" The Road Warriors
4) Jesse "The Body" Ventura
3) The Iron Sheik
3) "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
2) "The Macho Man" Randy Savage
1) "The Hot Rod" Rowdy Rowdy Piper

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - GonzoStyle - 01-08-2008

depends on the criteria, if its based on technical skill then you cant leave off bret hart, if its based on impact, entertainment, etc then you cant leave off hogan and goldust never belongs on any list.

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - diceisgod - 01-08-2008

Goldust was always unappreciated but always incredible.

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - GonzoStyle - 01-08-2008

I didnt click the links at first but if youre going on promo cutting then the rock is top 3 no doubt.

goldust for sure doesnt belong on this list.

I like the Rock but he got old and ridiculous (as many did once they got super popular). Now I think about it I'd say the Rock wasn't even my favorite wrestler with sideburns. That would be the Honkytonk Man.

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - Goatweed - 01-08-2008

Stone Cold!

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - Gooch - 01-08-2008

diceisgod Wrote:EVER

"It's simple as this: Just when they think...they have the answers...I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS!" - The Greatest

10) The Rock
9) Chris Jericho
8] Goldust
7) Jake "The Snake" Roberts
6) "The American Dream" Dusty Rhoades
5) "The Legion of Doom" The Road Warriors
4) Jesse "The Body" Ventura
3) The Iron Sheik
3) "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
2) "The Macho Man" Randy Savage
1) "The Hot Rod" Rowdy Rowdy Piper

goldust is tremendously overrated on the list. good. sure. greatest?? in the top 20 maybe.

Hot Rod is #1
Ric Flair #2
Rest can be mixed up.

Missing: Stone Cold
Missing: Kurt Angle

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - Galt - 01-08-2008

The Macho Man was better than anyone, except maybe Piper.

Ultimate Warrior gave the best interviews of all time (and his entrance music was badass. I haven't watched a second of wrestling since high school so I don't know anyone past the mid 90s.

Austin & Angle are ok too but I'm prejudiced by the old school wrestlers so I half-heartedly added Goldust, Jericho, & the Rock at the end. If I started over it would probably be different - every time I did actually.

Whatever & whoever might be on it Hot Rod, Flair & Savage would still be the Top 3 but their positions would change randomly. I watched a few more Flair interviews and that guy was just fucking unreal awesome: CUSTOM MADE! If I did this again right now, he'd be my #1.

And on a diff subject, I just learned that Snuka killed some groupie whore in the early 80's, smashed & cracked her skull. Never got charged for it though. It's good to be the king.

Ok now Piper's Number #1 again:

"Go ahead, brother! Throw it away 'cause we don't care! WE. ARE. RICH! AND. YOU. ARE. NOT! HAHAHA!"

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - TheGMANN - 01-08-2008

Yeah Piper was always always funny as hell when he did an intervier or cut a promo.

Why do you have The Road Warriors on your list ? I always thought they were kinda overrated. And Golddust is just mediocre in all aspects.

To answer all the "why's" and "what for's" and "how come's" and "what's fuckin' wrong with you's" and etc:

It's because I'm a terrorist.

If anyone else wants to buck up & put up their own list up for review, I'd be interested in checking it out so I can see what the capitalist pigs & infidels think is better than what Allah has surely pre-programmed into my mind as the proper and only way to judge, like, and appreciate wrestling & wrestlers. If you're too off-base with said list, I will stone you if I get the chance. Further if the US doesn't stop financing Israel's military and liberate Palestine and also doesn't pull out of Saudia Arabia and all Muslim Holy Lands, I will suicide bomb a Starbucks even though I should do it anyway because Starbucks sucks big cocks.

Hope that helps as I'm not sure what to tell ya'll if that don't explain things clearly enough. I like what Allah likes and what the Koran says I should like and if you don't you will perish.

Allah Akbar.

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - The Jays - 01-09-2008

I hold two things up on high for a good pro wrestler 1) how much heat can he get 2) how well is he making his moves look. Charisma can go a long way to make up for the technical shortcomings, but in order to be the best, you need to still be pretty skilled. My top 3 are majority charisma, with The Rock being the most technically skilled of the top 3. Hulk Hogan is basically the first SUPERstar, pro wrestling starts with Hogan. Stone Cold, the first asshole you wanted to cheer for, a storyline in himself, and a wrecking ball in the ring. Bret Hart, he's the best technical wrestler ever. Ric Flair is the man every wrestler wants to me. Shawn Michaels is my own personal favorite, but I know he's not the best ever. Kurt Angle, monster, Undertaker, monster. Jericho, basically a mini Rock but with superior technical skill. And Ricky Steamboat, come on, he's been in like three of the top ten greatest matches on every fan's list, he's an amazing in ring expert in psychology and skill.

1) The Rock
2) Hulk Hogan
3) Stone Cold
4) Bret Hart
5) Ric Flair
6) Shawn Michaels
7) Kurt Angle
8 ) The Undertaker
9) Chris Jericho
10) Ricky Steamboat

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - Jack - 01-09-2008

I thought this was another of the "oldest topic DIG could find" posts.

Since its not, I feel it is my duty to tell you guys that you need lives.

Even I stopped watching wrestling a couple of years ago.

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - diceisgod - 01-09-2008

It's called "nostalgia" and it's not to be found nor explained in any of the old CompSci text books or trade mags you have sitting around.

Why can't people understand things?

"And they wonder why I put together the act that I got...'CAUSE THEY'RE COCKSUCKERS!"

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - Jack - 01-09-2008

Nostalgia is one thing, remembering a guilty pleasure is another.

I'll be honest, I refuse to talk about the fact that I watched it with people that don't know that I did.

It was a shameful part of my early adulthood.

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - diceisgod - 01-09-2008

Quote: I refuse to talk about the fact that I watched it with people that don't know that I did.

Let me teach you a little lesson, young man. Now pay close attention.

This is the way things are in life: One talks about what one wants & when one wants. Period. If someone else gives one shit because that someone don't like one's topic of conversation....one cracks someone's fuckin head open w/ a brick right there in front of everybody (if applicable).

OR....

One chooses to be a pussy one's whole life.

So in short, these are the choices one faces: Be a man or be a eunich.

End of lesson.

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - TheGMANN - 01-09-2008

My Top Ten Fav Wrestlers:
1)Ric Flair
2)Chris Benoit
3)Raven
4)Rowdy Roddy Piper
5)Undertaker
6)Sabu
7)Kurt Angle
8 )Curt Henning
9)Shawn Michaels
10)The Dudley Boys

I know everyone says Hogan has to be on a list, but I was never really a Hogan fan. I always hoped King Kong Bundy or whoever the big bad at the time would come and squash him for real. My list is based on years of watching matches, interviews and just basically guys who had that "Oh shit" factor in my eyes. Some were good on the mic and not in the ring, some were good in the ring and not on the mic, but they all did something that made me consistantly look forward to seeing their performance.

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - GonzoStyle - 01-09-2008

love him or hate him, you gotta give Hogan his due, even if you disliked him, you were always watching in hopes of him losing or whatever. Wrestling wouldnt have come remotely close to its peaks without him, no one else has even come close to having the impact he has. Even my grandmother who barely knew who the president was most times, knew who hulk hogan was.

Re: The Top 10 Greatest Wrestlers Ever of All-Time - TheGMANN - 01-09-2008

Oh I agree. He made wrestling a household industry. He couldn't wrestle for shit, but he knew how to work the crowd and tell a story in the ring. My list is just comprised of guys who I enjoy and look forward to seeing put on a good show...and they usually do.