CDIH
Politics: Pundits are Idiots - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Politics: Pundits are Idiots (/showthread.php?tid=12822)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - funsnapsdyno - 01-21-2008

cream of the crop !!

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - Gooch - 01-21-2008

GonzoStyle Wrote:John Edwards speaks the truth.

and it's personal!

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - GonzoStyle - 01-21-2008

If you love gonzo, vote Edwards!

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - diceisgod - 01-22-2008

To give Edwards his due credit, he's a got a real purty mouth.

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - The Jays - 02-21-2008

Oh man, I have been energized about this election. The field was so big, on both sides, and everyone is excited, because it all means that Bush will be fucking gone, and I think it is time for the Republican's to just be punished, PUNISHED, for supporting this awful president. George Bush was a disgrace, he did nothing, and really, NOTHING. Katrina was the second saddest sight I've ever seen, next to 9/11, and both happened under his watch. This fucking guys suffered from Distinguished Gentleman syndrome, he got vote into office on his name. He is fucking Jeff Johnson the name you know. And he did nothing. And the R's are not and have not nominated a guy who actually espouses conservative, small government values, so, if we're gonna be libs, let's be real libs. Let's be as lib as we can be, and let's be honest about it. What's the worst that can happen, we spend less than expected?

Our fucking president prays to God in order to inform his decisions. The rational guy downs a scotch whiskey before making a choice, this guy prays!

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - Galt - 02-21-2008

how anyone blames Bush for 9/11 is the height of blind hatred. It's not necessarily Clinton's fault either - it was just a combination of all US policies and having bases in their countries for decades and the general western "sex" culture that pissed them off. But Bush was in office for less than 8 months. He hadn't even passed a budget yet. So someone says "bin laden wants to attack America" like they'd been saying since '93, and we're just supposed to shut down the entire airline industry?

Everything else, yes. He's been a horrible president. The worst of both worlds. Worse spending than any democrats, less freedom than any republican.

As usual, I don't want either of the candidates to win this election. Obama seems like a nice chap and diplomatic and all who will make the rest of the world despise us less, but he's also going to likely do the retarded thing and have the government take over the $2trillion healthcare industry which will be a complete disaster. The reason other cultures can have nationalized medicine and still get cutting edge drugs and medical procedure is because our system encourages innovation due to massive profit. Once that goes, say hello to medical innovations at a glacial pace. Huzzah "free" shitty healthcare that will cost everyone more money anyway because some nameless beurocrat will be paying first dollar, there will be no oversight, and medical bills will be padded like crazy.

McCain for all his talk about Obama as an empty suit, I really don't know what he believes. I know the conservatives hate him; but I don't really know why. I know the Democrats used to love him, and even wanted him to be Kerry's VP for a bit; but then they stopped liking him and I don't really know why.

I guess if the Democrats are going to maintain Congress, then I guess I'd rather have McCain in office since when washington gets absolutely nothing done, I'm happy.

As an aside, I despise despise despise that the key issue in every election is always the same thing. No matter what the specifics (health care, education, police enforcement, terrorism), the root question is always the same: "When you are president, what new giant governmental program are you going to throw money at?" Every voter wants to know what MORE the government will spend money on. Now the mortgage market isn't going well. How is the government going to flush money down the toilet to save me from myself for taking too much debt? Fuck you. You made retarded money for the last 15 years, did you think everything would just go up forever? Now we want all free healthcare. Paid for by who? "oh, I don't know, just tax the rich ;they can afford it. Oh, and I want Social Security to be around in perpetuity - yeah the rich can pay for that too. And I want college to be cheaper. And I want gas prices to be lower. And I want somebody to do something about global warming. And I want my taxes lower."

That's why I wanted Ron Paul, he seemed like he would put an end to all that shenanigans, and stop letting the government do so much. But, the rest of the country is crazy, so I say, let's be as liberal as we can, see if it turns into an absolute disaster, and then everyone will wake up.

Oh, and I don't blame Bush for 9/11, I blame him for not doing shit after it happened. As of yet, we have no Bin Laden. That is absolute failure. If we were as badass as we say we are, we should have fucking turned Afganistan and Pakistan into smithereens, instead, we decided to dig around Iraq for no good reason.

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - Arpikarhu - 02-21-2008

Ron Paul is the man! a crazy man, but the Man!

now i want huckabee! he is a dolt but a fair tax dolt. go Fair Tax Plan!

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - Galt - 02-21-2008

A national sales tax is way too "different" to pass; though I'd love it.

The left SHOULD love it because it penalizes the rich more since they consumer much more, and it especially penalizes the people who inherit money who otherwise pay no taxes on what they didn't earn.

Especially by offering government rebates for people/families making under a certain level of income, and not taxing necessity (food, clothing, rent) would mean that the poor essentially pay no taxes. The only poor people it would hurt are the ones that aren't living here legally.

What the left really wants is a complex tax code that they can gerrymander to best suit their ridiculous social engineer project after project.

I could never vote for Huckabee because he's a God-freak, and I hate religion and religious people.

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - Mad - 02-22-2008

Huckabee is phony fuck, just like McCain. Too bad that half a moolie seems to be getting a lot more attention then his worthless ideas warrant.

Ron Paul, or else.

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - 2 tired 2 give N F - 03-30-2008

I'm so disenchanted with the entire US Government. I can't believe that I once thought that we had a good government. I honestly believe that we need a revolution that allows us to go back to what Washington and Jefferson had in mind minus the slavery thing. It's to the point now where we can't trust anyone. Yea I hear people say 'Ron Paul' this and that, but you know what, he's probably in politics for the money too. The people who are really in politics to make a difference and have morals and a conscious don't ever get to the national stage. Our system isn't based on who will be the best leader or most influential person, but on who has the most money. It's such utter bullshit.

Politics is all just such garbage and I find it all really depressing. I can't stand election year sets, because that's what it is...a set of years. Not just a few months of campaigning but 3 years of pushing for the White House. All the while Congress tables bills that will change shit so that should the next president be of their party they can push em through to make their guy look better. Partisanship blows for this very reason.

EVERYONE IS ON THE TAKE! WE NEED REVOLUTION!

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - Galt - 04-11-2008

being outside the US for the last two weeks reminds me of just how much everone despises the US. It's really bad. Australians were always the ones who were supposed to love us.

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - Gooch - 04-11-2008

It's not US, it's YOU

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - Galt - 04-11-2008

actually, I'm an ambassador. They love me. What they hate about Americans is that they are fat and digusting and never leave the country.

So yeah, it's not me who fits that mold.

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - Gooch - 04-12-2008

You are delusional.

You are the exact example of what people hate about America. Obnoxious, arrogant, elitist flotsam who thinks his wallet, witty jokes and moral deficient philosophies actually impress anyone.

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - diceisgod - 04-12-2008

You two guys shouldn't try to hurt feelings like that.

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - Galt - 04-14-2008

Gooch Wrote:You are delusional.

You are the exact example of what people hate about America. Obnoxious, arrogant, elitist flotsam who thinks his wallet, witty jokes and moral deficient philosophies actually impress anyone.

Hmm, your extensive travels throughout the tristate area has apparently uncovered different information from what I have uncovered in my international travels.

What the international contingent hates about America is its imperialism and trying to force its beliefs on other countries. Something with which I completely disagree. Which is why they all love me. That, and my witty jokes. And that I'm not fat like they think are all Americans. Nor am I a gun owner. Nor do I hate gays. And they are shocked when I tell them that I've traveled to more than 3 countries.

My wallet is meaningless since the US Dollar is shit, so 22 year old english backpackers have more buying power than I do.

I'm curious to see which of my philosophies are morally deficient.

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - Gooch - 04-16-2008

actually, i was just being argumentative.

i really don't care.

i will make the following observation:

"What the international contingent hates about America is its imperialism and trying to force its beliefs on other countries."

Which is not what I argued with, and far different from your earlier statement:

"What they hate about Americans is that they are fat and digusting and never leave the country."

Two different things.

Re: Politics: Pundits are Idiots - Galt - 04-16-2008

"What they hate about America...."

"What they hate about Americans...."

Different, but both absolutely accurate.