CDIH
Super Bowl XLII - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Super Bowl XLII (/showthread.php?tid=12833)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Super Bowl XLII - The Sleeper - 02-04-2008

yay!

Re: Super Bowl XLII - Goatweed - 02-04-2008

[Image: 1202097681292.gif]

[Image: 208tavb.jpg]

Re: Super Bowl XLII - The Jays - 02-04-2008

Friend of mine writes this in response to everyone's ripping on him for being a Pats fan

Quote:Exactly. I'm getting harrassed so bad right now by everyone. It's really immature and I'm starting to get annoyed. And when I say it was only 3 points or it was a good game or it was 1 loss I get well they still suck. I think the Patriots proved a very long time ago that they are in fact the best team in the NFL. They didn't need to win the Superbowl to prove it more.

I think the Giants won because I drank this:

[Image: img1357ga2.jpg]

Re: Super Bowl XLII - The Sleeper - 02-04-2008

your friend is a fag

Re: Super Bowl XLII - Galt - 02-04-2008

HedCold Wrote:
Galt Wrote:wow, so a rabid Giant fan picked the Giants to win the Super Bowl. You are so prescient. Are you also proud of how you pick the Yankees to win every series?

when you picked the patriots over the rams you made a big deal about it in your "i'm not really making a big deal about it but i'll mention it" kind of way

I also gave logic as to why I thought the Patriots would win. Not "OMG I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!!! THEY ARE THE BESTESTS!!!!!!!"

Re: Super Bowl XLII - Gooch - 02-04-2008

i predicted it also. i called it 21-17, Giants win with Eli to throw 300 yards and 2 TDs. So pretty close.

Re: Super Bowl XLII - Galt - 02-04-2008

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://yanksfansoxfan.typepad.com/ysfs/2008/02/carls-take.html">http://yanksfansoxfan.typepad.com/ysfs/ ... -take.html</a><!-- m -->

Re: Super Bowl XLII - The Jays - 02-05-2008

Galt Wrote:
HedCold Wrote:
Galt Wrote:wow, so a rabid Giant fan picked the Giants to win the Super Bowl. You are so prescient. Are you also proud of how you pick the Yankees to win every series?

when you picked the patriots over the rams you made a big deal about it in your "i'm not really making a big deal about it but i'll mention it" kind of way

I also gave logic as to why I thought the Patriots would win. Not "OMG I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!!! THEY ARE THE BESTESTS!!!!!!!"

Bullshit, first off, no one in this thread stated the reason for the Giants winning would be because of love. Secondly, you provided about as much logic for the Patriots winning as I did for the Giants winning, and we were both completely off as to number of points, turnovers, and you stating it would be both an ugly game and an example to validate your skepticism in Eli Manning's newfound abilities. Thirdly, I began this thread with the correction prediction that this will be the greatest Super Bowl ever.

You are a bitter old man. Here's a video for you.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it_3f1PMEOQ">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it_3f1PMEOQ</a><!-- m -->

Re: Super Bowl XLII - Galt - 02-05-2008

fourthly, Hedcold was talking about a completely different thread on a completely different board about a completely different super bowl. Fifthly, no one gave any logic about why the Giants would win. That was my point. You saying that the Giants win and the score (nor me saying the Pats and the score) really doesn't hold any weight or as a real "Ohhhh, I knew the Giants could win!" prediction because you didn't explain it. Every rabid fan of every underdog still predicts them to win, but if you can't explain why, you get no credit.

I even asked you if you were just voting with your heart, and you didn't reply.

So no, you don't get credit.

And as an aside, I've heard this from a few people that it was some amazing superbowl, but huh? The game sucked. The last 3 minutes (or whatever it was when the Pats and Giants traded TDs) was interesting, definitely, but the rest of it was a snoozefest. Manning's scramble / Tyree's amazing catch was the first real highlight of the game, and that happened with a minute left.

Re: Super Bowl XLII - diceisgod - 02-05-2008

As much as I want to hate the Pats I just can't - not after all these years and Bowl wins. Plus their core stars (Moss aside) are God fearing white people. All NY teams I can't stand just on principle alone and I don't care who or how many or what color.

Re: Super Bowl XLII - The Jays - 02-05-2008

Galt Wrote:fourthly, Hedcold was talking about a completely different thread on a completely different board about a completely different super bowl. Fifthly, no one gave any logic about why the Giants would win. That was my point. You saying that the Giants win and the score (nor me saying the Pats and the score) really doesn't hold any weight or as a real "Ohhhh, I knew the Giants could win!" prediction because you didn't explain it. Every rabid fan of every underdog still predicts them to win, but if you can't explain why, you get no credit.

I even asked you if you were just voting with your heart, and you didn't reply.

So no, you don't get credit.

And as an aside, I've heard this from a few people that it was some amazing superbowl, but huh? The game sucked. The last 3 minutes (or whatever it was when the Pats and Giants traded TDs) was interesting, definitely, but the rest of it was a snoozefest. Manning's scramble / Tyree's amazing catch was the first real highlight of the game, and that happened with a minute left.

Sixthly, your point was muddy as to who gives a shit about predictions about who won what and whatever, seventhly, you picked first, and you know for a fact that if the fucking Pats won, you would smugly post your incessant bullshit about how you knew they were going to win, eighthly, you don't need me or anyone to re-read to you in paraphrased form ESPN, Fox Sports, or joeschmoinsiderfootballingblog.com, all the fucking reasons why either the Giants will win, or why the Patriots will win, ninthly, if you obviously are too much of a fan of offense that you need your entire Super Bowl to be like the last two minutes of the game, so I dismiss you opinions on football for the rest of your existence. Tenthly, I DID respond to your stupid "voting with my heart" question, and I gave you an honest fucking answer, that I just wanted to be right when the Giants won, so I could say I told you so.

Good day.

Re: Super Bowl XLII - diceisgod - 02-05-2008

This argument is better then the game was (minus the final minute).

Had the pats won, the only thing I would have posted was that the game was boring until the end, and that the Giants should have won but they kept screwing themselves (12 men on the field, Manning throwing what should have been a pick to Samuel near the end, a couple other calls which I forgot)

Re: Super Bowl XLII - HedCold - 02-05-2008

Quote:And as an aside, I've heard this from a few people that it was some amazing superbowl, but huh? The game sucked. The last 3 minutes (or whatever it was when the Pats and Giants traded TDs) was interesting, definitely, but the rest of it was a snoozefest. Manning's scramble / Tyree's amazing catch was the first real highlight of the game, and that happened with a minute left.

honestly, this is how i felt about the rams/patriots super bowl. this one felt more exciting, but it could be because i watched it with giant fans

/jet fan :?

I saw a kid on the subway with a homemade David Tyree shirt. That's pretty cool. Is he like New York's version of Dave Roberts where no matter what else happens in his life, he will be forever loved in New York?

The parade goes right by my office today. 8:30, the street was already completely lined with people. I thought it was a lot, and then I was told that when the Yankees won the World Series, it was about 10 deep at this time.

Red Sox, Yankees, Giants, Patriots, whatever. Taking the day off to watch a parade go by is pathetic. I'm sure a lot of these people are blue collar, hourly paid workers, and they are spending the day doing this? Wow. I will never understand people who are really really into sports.

Re: Super Bowl XLII - Arpikarhu - 02-05-2008

that is because you have never invested any emotion into anything other than yourself.

Re: Super Bowl XLII - Goatweed - 02-05-2008

Galt Wrote:I saw a kid on the subway with a homemade David Tyree shirt. That's pretty cool. Is he like New York's version of Dave Roberts where no matter what else happens in his life, he will be forever loved in New York?

The parade goes right by my office today. 8:30, the street was already completely lined with people. I thought it was a lot, and then I was told that when the Yankees won the World Series, it was about 10 deep at this time.

Red Sox, Yankees, Giants, Patriots, whatever. Taking the day off to watch a parade go by is pathetic. I'm sure a lot of these people are blue collar, hourly paid workers, and they are spending the day doing this? Wow. I will never understand people who are really really into sports.
the ferry commute this morning was one of the worst trips I've ever had. There were Giants fans chanting, then you had some Obama supporters trying to compete with Hillary supporters, all of which was mostly drowned out by my earbuds but it still annoyed me. The thing starts right by my office and the cops were already having problems trying to divert traffic & people around.

Re: Super Bowl XLII - Gooch - 02-05-2008

Arpikarhu Wrote:that is because you have never invested any emotion into anything other than yourself.

Do you cry at the Yankee camp?

Re: Super Bowl XLII - Arpikarhu - 02-06-2008

heavily and often.
i actually had to convene a group hug at one point to help me staunch the copious flow
of my tears.
it was sweet.

Re: Super Bowl XLII - Filzy - 02-09-2008

Here's how I can sum it up...

The Spygate thing is overrated. Hell, when I was in high school, our coaches did the same thing. It doesn't give you a significant edge, it's just shows what you are up against. There is no silver bullet, or smoking gun. I'm sure teams have been doing this for years. So get over that. That should be a non-factor.
The Giants were lucky. They did have some penalties that could have stopped their momentum, but the Pats were not able to capitalize on them. Where as the Giants were able to capitalize, and had alot of luck. I though Eli was gonna be sacked, but somehow pulled it off.
Brady and a few members of the team said it themselves. "They wanted it more", or something like that. If they can handle it, so can the rest of New England.
The Pats were not use to alot of blitzing, that's why they couldn't get into a rythim. The Giants had a weak spot, and that was over the middle. Once again, Pats were not capitalizing on weakness.
The refs were not paid off, I am getting so sick of hearing that. If they were, the score should have been run up against the Pats. But it wasn't. it was a good game. Defense was a major factor, not offense. Giants always had a good defense, and ANY Belicheck team ALWAYS focused on defense.
The Giants won, the Pats lost, get over it.
SIDENOTE:
As for fans, look, you gotta have a passion for something, even if it's a blood sport. IMO, if there are folks that hate sports, I can respect that, just don't call chess a sport. it's a strategic game. Anyone that says that chess is a sport sghould be punched in the throat. I'm not knocking chess, I do appreciate it and how it's played, but it's not a sport. That is a game of wits, not physical activity.
I enjoy sports but that doesn't make me a primitive barbarian. I do have some intelligence.