CDIH
Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: O&A Uncensored (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: O&A General Show Discussion (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez (/showthread.php?tid=12840)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - Gooch - 01-29-2008

so basically Anthony is Walter Sobchak, from the Big Lebowski.

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - Goatweed - 01-29-2008

basically, yea.

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - Gooch - 01-29-2008

Guess he doesn't shoot on Shabbos?

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - funsnapsdyno - 01-29-2008

From where I came from, that'd be like Ray Manzarek complaining about Doors' message board people. That's just kooky.

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - TheGMANN - 01-29-2008

Galt Wrote:I love how Anthony's big trump card is always "and these people would never talk this shit to my face". What is he, 5'4" and 115 pounds?

Because you know when you go out to a bar to have drinks and a good time you're main objective is to tell someone what a bad job theyre doing on their radio show. And does Anthony venture anywhere in public without having Big Kev or Master Po or Kenny or someother big mook to protect his ass??

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - Gooch - 01-30-2008

so basically Anthony has turned into Stingray.

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - The Jays - 01-30-2008

HedCold Wrote:with all this sillyness going on, if we were to start doing podcasts again we might be able to get some listeners

Hells yeah, and even have Goatweed, he is an up and coming star, he's got cross board recognition, we could be entertaining multiple boards.

Gooch Wrote:Guess he doesn't shoot on Shabbos?

You're entering a world of pain.

Gooch Wrote:so basically Anthony has turned into Stingray.

Stingray is the Darth Maul to Anthony's Darth Sidious. Just note the wrinkles and droopy eyes.

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - TheGMANN - 01-30-2008

Since when the hell did you start using Star Wars to make your point ??

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - diceisgod - 01-30-2008

There can be no settling of these matters until Anthony finally realizes that he and I were meant to be best friends.

i remember when Silera sounded a LOT like Anthony during the first Boredplanet days.

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - Galt - 01-30-2008

except, like Wackbag, you banned and deleted people when they came on the board to defend themselves.

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - Sloatsburgh - 01-30-2008

Gooch Wrote:
lush Wrote:This entire thing is really fucking pathetic. The only thing worse than the people that start it is the people that read and enjoy it.

Guilty as charged!

I think it's a fuckin hoot!

Same.

The fact that there is a "Unity Party" and that so many people hate each other over a bunch of words written is the funniest fucking thing I have seen in a long time.

These boards are like the Judean People's Front sitting in the Coloseum screaming "SPLITTERS".

Galt Wrote:except, like Wackbag, Toronto Hottie banned and deleted people when they came on the board to cause trouble.

Get over it already.

Gooch Wrote:
Galt Wrote:except, like Wackbag, Toronto Hottie banned and deleted people when they came on the board to cause trouble.

Get over it already.

Is Galt trying to mock you for laughing at people's messageboard drama by trying to create his own?

he's taking an old bone to pick and reintroducing it, even though it has little to do with subject-at-hand.

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - Galt - 01-30-2008

Gooch Wrote:he's taking an old bone to pick and reintroducing it, even though it has little to do with subject-at-hand.

Get over what already? Am I the one who brought up Silera's name or board drama that happened 4 years ago?

Maybe I was misinterpreting why you brought her name up.

Silera's main point during the show was that the site that everyone whines about at least lets people post and doesn't delete/ban/edit people allowing them to defend themselves or correct lies. While the favored sites like Wackbag, may appear to be nice, but it just means that some people can say whatever they want, while others get banned or deleted. That's her opinion now.

Anthony's opinion is that everyone should be nice and not talk personal shit about anyone on the board. It's off limits, grow up already, there's no need for that. So if you are saying that Silera sounded a lot like that during the initial start of Boredplanet, that's not how I remember it - though may be I remembered it wrong. I wasn't closely involved.

The way I remember her being upset wasn't specifically that some people had a problem with her, and posted on another board. But that it was all done in secrecy under a private board that she was not able to register to defend herself because registration was closed, and the banning/deleting hammer was a rather heavy one.

So I don't see how her stance has changed at all or how she sounded anything like Anthony.

Maybe you were inferring something else with your Anthony comment. I have no idea, but the way I remember it, she seems pretty consistent.

OK, I listened to that hour or whatever it was and I have come to the conclusion that everyone is an asshole, and not in the good sense.

Well everyone except those who are on here.

and BoredPlanet. Both of them.

And my own personal splinter board where I just rip on everyone on CDIH and BP.

I'm the only member, but it makes it easier to moderate.

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - Gooch - 01-31-2008

Galt Wrote:
Gooch Wrote:he's taking an old bone to pick and reintroducing it, even though it has little to do with subject-at-hand.

Get over what already? Am I the one who brought up Silera's name or board drama that happened 4 years ago?

Maybe I was misinterpreting why you brought her name up.

Silera's main point during the show was that the site that everyone whines about at least lets people post and doesn't delete/ban/edit people allowing them to defend themselves or correct lies. While the favored sites like Wackbag, may appear to be nice, but it just means that some people can say whatever they want, while others get banned or deleted. That's her opinion now.

Anthony's opinion is that everyone should be nice and not talk personal shit about anyone on the board. It's off limits, grow up already, there's no need for that. So if you are saying that Silera sounded a lot like that during the initial start of Boredplanet, that's not how I remember it - though may be I remembered it wrong. I wasn't closely involved.

The way I remember her being upset wasn't specifically that some people had a problem with her, and posted on another board. But that it was all done in secrecy under a private board that she was not able to register to defend herself because registration was closed, and the banning/deleting hammer was a rather heavy one.

So I don't see how her stance has changed at all or how she sounded anything like Anthony.

Maybe you were inferring something else with your Anthony comment. I have no idea, but the way I remember it, she seems pretty consistent.

i was joking that Silera was the calm one as Anthony was an upset loon. But I was hearkening to when she was uber-pissed at me over that very same thing on BP where she and Alkey were upset over what went on in cyberspace. Thus the joke, not criticism nor meant to open that can of worms. Her stance has not changed. Only the situation had reversed in this case.

But since we are talking about that again: You are right on many counts. She had every right to be pissed, as as owner, it was my fault.

The board who was only secret because we were taking our time to review the current phpBB. It was my first messageboard and we were trying to decide if we were going to do that or Invision software or something else. My little brother was helping me with the particulars since at the time he was my coding help.

It was one of those cases that we asked people to test, and then it just kept going. And I was at fault taking our sweet ass time on that real roll-out. After all, when have I ever said anything behind someone's back?? I've always been quite forthright, like me or not. So, why in gods name would I make a board to do things behind peoples back? I'd invite them over and chaos would in ensue. That is what bothered me most about the whole thing. But i knew how it looked, and people were hot over it. And, yes, as I implied earlier, that is my fault. I let them test and post away. Plus, my endless arguments with both Pat and her on YMB because I am an over-opinionated fucko probably increased those feelings.

I have never been duplicitous, in my time here. Horribly wrong. Stupid. Stubborn. Or just a moron. Sure.

Just for the record. To add whit: I was upset with Hottie for deleting everyone, and had unbanned you a longggg longgg time ago. I wanted nobody deleted, but I was not the only one with the controls at the time. So, I knew what Pat and Silera already knew...its not so easy to run a board and keep things inline. I had the same problem is getting Laz back, which everyone knew he was there under another name, we just didn't tell her.

There is a reason she's no longer on BP. BP is a resting place for those buds from YMB and SaveOA and even OA.com back in the day. I still post more here. So, it is what it is.

Hope that clears it up. In hindsight, I could have done things a lot better. C'est la vie. But the site is doing exactly what I wanted. Just another little spot for a few people to post. Those like Header, Tooper, Rooner, Flock and a few others from SaveOA...are the mainstays there...and they post in that chatty style that drove so many people nuts on YMB.

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - diceisgod - 01-31-2008

These triffles & squabbles fail to bring us closer to the main objective.

The first step is for Anthony to notice me and talk about me endlessly like he would a long lost brother.

Re: Goatweed and Silera on Ron and Fez - Sloatsburgh - 01-31-2008

diceisgod Wrote:These triffles & squabbles fail to bring us closer to the main objective.

The first step is for Anthony to notice me and talk about me endlessly like he would a long lost brother.

So YOU'RE the one that he was talking about when he said "I won't give him the satisfaction of saying his name."