CDIH
Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour (/showthread.php?tid=12842)

Pages: 1 2

Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - Goatweed - 01-29-2008

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22879713/

Guitarist says band is ready but Robert Plant tied up until September

TOKYO - Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page said Monday he was ready to take the iconic band on a world tour after burning up the stage at last month’s reunion concert in London. But it probably won’t be before September.

“The amount of work we put into O2 was what you would normally put into a world tour anyway,” Page, 64, said of the intense rehearsing the band did for the Dec. 10 concert at London’s O2 Arena.

The band’s three surviving members — Page, singer Robert Plant and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones — were joined at the sold-out benefit show by the late John Bonham’s son Jason on drums.

Page, who was in Japan to promote the new Zeppelin release, “Mothership,” said the two-hour-plus concert was proof that Led Zeppelin can still perform at its best.

He said the band, which formed in 1968, was ready musically to get back together and take it out on a wider run, but it was not clear when it would go on tour as the singer had other plans.

“Robert Plant has a parallel project and he is busy with that until September,” Page said.

Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will begin their world tour with a run of shows in the southern U.S. this spring. The two released an album in October called “Raising Sand” that debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard chart in the U.S. The duo will tour Europe in May before returning for North American shows still to be announced for June and July.

Page said the band set their standards very high before agreeing to do the reunion, their first in 20 years. Led Zeppelin broke up in 1980 after the elder Bonham’s death.

Page said they rehearsed for weeks, apprehensive that the cohesion they had in the 1970s when they were at their peak might be hard to rediscover.

“We wanted people who might not have even been alive in 1980 when we finished to understand what we were,” he said.

Page said all went well until he broke a finger in three places, forcing the band to postpone the show for several weeks.

“But we did the show, and it was great,” he said. “It was instant in terms of chemistry.”

I'd go to this if it was relatively affordable, the O2 performance sounded great & the clips I saw looked good.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - diceisgod - 01-31-2008

FYI: Led Zep is as great as they are NOT because of all of their musical innovations. I sez they are the "Legends" they are because and only bencause they may be the only band that has ever & has still directly referenced Tolkien, the Hobbit, and LOTR in their song titles and lyrics.

Hobbits + a 5th/power chord progression +/- a clever& heavy riff or a few = immortality

However, I wish they just wouldn't do this tour/reunion thing. PLEASE just retire and hang it up. They are not ageless nor look it if only in the same sense that Gollum was. It's embarrassing and they should really head off to the ships of the Grey Havens and sail off forever.

Fuck me.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - The Jays - 02-01-2008

I hate Led Zeppelin.

Not that they aren't a great band, but, because every other song on any classic rock station is a Led Zeppelin song, and now, they have their own channel on XM that gets promoted every commercial break on 202.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - funsnapsdyno - 02-01-2008

Radio does overplay them and I never understood the big hype up until recently.. now I appreciate them. Their old concerts from the early days have been described as spiritual experiences. Of course, the whole audience were probably high as kites back then.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - diceisgod - 02-02-2008

Physical Graffiti is probably one of the best albums ever made ever. Moreover radio doesn't overplay many of the songs on that record (relatively speaking anyways).

This also led to another incredible spoof album by the Milkmen and their finest as far as I say: Metaphysical Graffiti.

If you don't own these two records, then A) you don't know music and B) I assume you are going to be waiting and waiting quite a while for the big Brittany Spears comeback. Good luck with that.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - Arpikarhu - 02-03-2008

that you endorse those two albums so heavily makes me feel very good about owning neither of them.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - diceisgod - 02-03-2008

Let's see your playlist, jew.

Probably comprised of a bunch of braid-headed yarmulca-wearing fiddle players, prancing around under the full moon, and drinking baby blood.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - Arpikarhu - 02-04-2008

you are still so edgy.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - diceisgod - 02-04-2008

Now that I think about it....other than the fact that you were bland and I thought at the time you looked a little bit like Mike D but with a much bigger schnazz.... I can't really think of another good reason why I thought well of you and have subsequently & thus far tolerated your insolence.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - Arpikarhu - 02-04-2008

boo! go back to the jew thing. it was really good stuff.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - diceisgod - 02-04-2008

Why do you say these things?

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - Arpikarhu - 02-05-2008

i like to point out how edgy you are. it is truly amazing. your every post drips with the edginess you deliver with such natural ease. i mean it doesnt seem forced at all. really.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - diceisgod - 02-05-2008

I appreciate that as always as you are my muse and my creative barometer.

I have struggled for years to achieve the Ideali of the Mastarhu, The Master of "Hello" threads, the "parroting" sarcasm, the rapidfire repetition, and of course the flirty back-forth with every msgbrd chick that posts a pic of her tits or more.

Obviously, I still have a long road ahead. However, if not for youhu and your tough love & reminders...I would be lost.

you try waaaaaaaaaay too hard and it shows.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - diceisgod - 02-05-2008

You think it's "trying hard" and the fact that it comforts you in managing the mental anguish & frustration associated with your inferior cognitive abilities and whatever else troubles you...this also comforts me.

This is so because I can't help but like youhu no matter how much you despise me and my "forced" messageboarding efforts & antics. I could, of course, effortlessly destroy you in a posting duel but I won't because I'm sentimental.

But now...I need a rest after that one...WHEW!

posting duel?

you truly are to be pitied and not much more.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - diceisgod - 02-06-2008

You hate me because I ran off all the refugee oa.com WOWers and since having just goat to flirt with gets a bit old and creepy after long.

That's your problem...one of them anyway.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - Arpikarhu - 02-06-2008

you love to talk about people you have run off the board, and forcing boards to shut down.
does that really mean something to you?
if so, its fucking pathetic.

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - diceisgod - 02-06-2008

Quote:does that really mean something to you?

My answer & reasoning for all I do is the one that most upsets you specifically and therefore amuses me specifically.

That's as far as it's "meaning" is concerned.

So along those lines, how am I doing so far?

Re: Page wants Led Zeppelin to launch world tour - Arpikarhu - 02-06-2008

yes, its all a game of "gotcha" and you are the puppet master.

blah blah blah bullshit bullshit bullshit.

no one buys this shit anymore. its old and lame.