CDIH
Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? (/showthread.php?tid=12859)

Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? - diceisgod - 02-28-2008

It's amazing what you can dig up on old hardrives. Here are the opening hooks:

Quote:1) The history of nuclear technology and advancement takes two very divergent paths; however, both paths share certain elements that are simultaneously harmful and helpful in humanity’s struggle for understanding and progress.

2) Steve Jobs, the CEO and cofounder of Apple Computers, is one of the leading industrialists and innovators in the computer industry. Apple was the springboard that launched the personal computer revolution that has forever changed the way business in the United States and around the globe is done.

3) Wide spread use of the internet has opened up new channels for social interaction and have forced one to reform their ideas about what “community” means. Text based communication on the internet via chat rooms and message boards, for example, allow people to interact on a level playing field. Specifically, the internet provides an outlet for faceless and voiceless communication allowing a person to invent or take on a persona that transcends and/or compliments their inherent roles such as being male or female or as being Afro-American or Caucasian, for example.

4) A method for obtaining the diabatic representation for an atomic collision has been the focus of this summer's research. The inspiration for such a method is to provide a more accurate theoretical treament for the dynamics of the following charge exchange process: (I'll spare you that part...go read Chinese it's easier)

5) In general, management’s goal is to increase their employees’ productivity and ultimately increase their company’s profitability. Keeping employees motivated is one key to achieving this goal. These are challenges shared by all managers across all professions. A sales manager, however, faces unique challenges in keeping the sales force motivated and, therefore, productive.

Re: Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? - Galt - 02-29-2008

"Afro-American"? Are you Michael Richards?

Re: Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? - diceisgod - 02-29-2008

Ok then, let's improvise.

Which shade of green is your favorite?

1) chartruese
2) spring bud
3) Jade
4) pear
5) tea green

Re: Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? - diceisgod - 02-29-2008

Seriously though, I don't think I ever came closer to killing myself then the time I spent writing that retarded "afro-american" paper. Just absolute drivel from start to finish.

Sociology is probably the worst, most boring & most useless subject of all-time.

Re: Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? - Galt - 02-29-2008

I do not have a record of any educational work I've ever created.

Which is unfortunate, because from when I was in 6-9th grade every single one of my "creative writing" papers involved death and murder, which surely now a days would have put my parents in jail. Every story had someone with a rocket launcher, and I even lifted the scene in Missing in Action with the rat in the bag eating off the guys face.

I was ahead of my time.

I think the Jobs paper is by far the best. The guy was an animal, our kind of people, and I bet he still is. This was all written before the i-Pod came out

Quote:- Supposedly, Jobs had asked him if he (Sculley) wanted to spend the rest of his life selling sugared water or go with him (Jobs) and change the world. Now with Sculley onboard as the company’s president, Jobs was free to work with his Macintosh team. However, Jobs would later learn a bitter lesson about the difference between confidence and arrogance compliments of his newly hired president.

-For every employee on the Macintosh team that he befriended and praised, there was another employee outside the team that he would insult and berate. Jobs tried to make the Macintosh team believe that they were superior to the rest of the people in the company. Jobs’s intention was to embolden them to help make the Mac a machine that would be ahead of its time. However, the divisiveness this strategy created in the company would turn out to be damaging and irreversible in the eyes of John Sculley and the board of directors of Apple.

- Jobs was growing more ill tempered and impatient with his employees. It was reported that during a company meeting Jobs had grown frustrated and told them that they were “bozos” and if they had any guts they would be out there designing their own computers (Carlton, 1997). It was getting to the point where everyone working at Apple was afraid to approach Jobs out of fear of being belittled. Not only did Jobs alienate himself from his employees but he alienated the entire company within the industry by ignoring the trends being set by his competitors.

-Jobs was hell-bent on making Apple the king of its field. He very well may have if he and his company hadn’t adopted the reclusive and elitist manner they did during the days of the Apple I, Apple II, and the Macintosh line of computers.

- Sculley had convinced the board of directors to remove Jobs from the Mac team and essentially take away all power Jobs had in the company. In 1985 Jobs sold most of his stock in Apple and resigned.

-In 1997, Apple, who was struggling financially, called upon NeXT Computers to help work on the Mac’s operating system. Apple wound up buying out NeXT and rehired Jobs to help turn the company around. Later that year Jobs announced that Microsoft had invested $150 million in Apple. Jobs would later help put Apple back on the map of the PC world with his “Think Different” promotion and the iMac. Jobs had come full circle but this time around he was ready.

He was ready! OH YES! He was fucking ready! AHHHH!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHAH!!

double

Re: Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? - diceisgod - 03-05-2008

The guy is just awesome. He even sez fuck you to cancer.

Re: Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? - funsnapsdyno - 03-05-2008

While a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer is often tantamount to a swiftly executed death sentence, a biopsy revealed that Jobs had a rare - and treatable - form of the disease. If the tumor were surgically removed, Jobs' prognosis would be promising: The vast majority of those who underwent the operation survived at least ten years.

That's just called luck. Not everyone who has the surgery gets treated. When they open some patients up, the pancreatic cancer spreads which happened to my Dad and ended up giving him a life sentence of 3 months. They were practically right on the money. He didn't make the entire 3 months.

Re: Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? - sink - 03-05-2008

I would love to read # 3.

I bet it provides so much insight into the complex internet persona that is dig.

Post that one up lil joe

Re: Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? - diceisgod - 03-05-2008

The only thing you will ever get from me is a foot to your ass. That's the only request I would ever take from you, slob.

Re: Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? - sink - 03-05-2008

I'm not really into ass play like you, so can we come up with something else?

Re: Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? - Mad - 03-06-2008

None of the above.

Re: Which one of my old research papers would you like to read? - funsnapsdyno - 03-06-2008

Not to derail this thread again, like there was any direction it was going anyway haha!, but I just read Patrick Swayze has the big C. Pancreatic too. That sux.