CDIH
Comeback kids - Its all starting to come together. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Comeback kids - Its all starting to come together. (/showthread.php?tid=1299)

- Keyser Soze - 04-16-2002

<font size="3">"We know we can win ballgames no matter what the score is."
– Manager Bobby Valentine after the come-from-behind win over the Braves on April 15
</font>

I know its early but i'm awfully excited about this New York Mets team. With Mo on the bench and Alomar just recently turning it on with the help of Mike Piazza's bats the Mets seem to be finding ways to win regardless of the obvious holes in their game.

The defense has been atrocious, the big bats they aquired have only recently begun to click (with the exception of Mo Money, Mo Problems), but the pitching which was thought to be their weakest link has been the best in baseball. With the exception of Estes and Leiter's last starts, the pitching has been nearly flawless.

Coming back several times from large deficits shows that they have the resolve to stay in any ballgame regardless of the score. The bullpen has been stellar as well with Weathers looking awfully impressive. Benitez has continued to give Met fans ulcers but has somehow managed to get the job done 99% of the time, hopefully that 1% went come when we need it most like it seemed to be last year.

- HedCold - 04-16-2002

lets go mets go

as long as they keep valentine away from first base. good god i thought lenny harris couldn't play defense. ordonez's errors is hopefully just a mental thing and he'll start focusing more.

- Arpikarhu - 04-16-2002

the starting pitching is doomed. d'amico will never make through the season without breaking down. trachsel is base on balls nightmare, and astacio is also an injury risk. leiter is the only reliable starter. if any one of those guys goes down, the mets are fucked

- Galt - 04-17-2002

Leiter, Astacio, and Estes are solid top 3. Astacio will have a great year. Best free agent signing of the winter.

D'Amico will probably get hurt, but when he starts, he's real good. And Trachsel is a control pitcher, so I don't know what you're talking about with walks.

And if any of them go down, you can pluck someone from AAA. Divisions aren't won and lost on #5 starters. If the Mets don't win their division, I'll be very surprised.

- Arpikarhu - 04-17-2002

want to make a wager?

- HedCold - 04-17-2002

if they really had to grant roberts can fill in as a fifth starter too

- Galt - 04-17-2002

What's the wager, pokey?

- Keyser Soze - 04-17-2002

I'll take you up on that wager Arpi. Mets will win the NL East.

- Sean Cold - 04-17-2002

I must say I can't wait for my Direct TV so I can stop watching the fuckin Mets already. They are an intresting team though. The Mets main concern right now has to be the gaping hole in Ordonez's (sp) glove. He is fielding like utter shit.

The Braves, well, they will eventually come around hitting wise but that still leaves thier tattered bull pen. It is going to be an odd year in the NL east this year. Watch out for the Phillies as well. The only team that may not have a chance in hell in this division may be the Expos but even they don't look all that bad.

- Arpikarhu - 04-18-2002

lets say we bet a full night of hardcore drinking on the other guys tab. i say the mets do not win the division. this is for galt,so everybody else fuck off

- Keyser Soze - 04-18-2002

you're on

- Galt - 04-18-2002

You're just saying this becuase you know I live in Boston and you'll never have to pay up you cheap fucking heeb

Arpi, I live in jersey so either one of us be able to pay up. You taking the bet or what?

- Arpikarhu - 04-18-2002

keiser, we have a bet

lucky for me, in the rare case that you should win, you have gone on record on this board claiming to be a two beer queer.

- Arpikarhu - 04-18-2002

Quote:lucky for me, in the rare case that you should win, you have gone on record on this board claiming to be a two beer queer.
i dont know when i said that, but it is so very not true. this is going to cost you big time

- Galt - 04-18-2002

If the Mets don't win, is Keyser going to have to also spring for the roofies you're going to slip in his drink?