CDIH
Please let this movie not suck! - Please, please, please, please, please! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Please let this movie not suck! - Please, please, please, please, please! (/showthread.php?tid=1336)

- Arthur Dent - 04-18-2002

Dragons vs. Apaches and tanks!!!

OK, today is the first I heard about this project.
Just look at this picture in the link.

Or this one:

Movie Poster

The trailer comes out on the net on Friday.
I REALLY hope this doesn't suck.

Thar be Dragons Here!!

- Arpikarhu - 04-18-2002

i hope its a piece of shit and you spiral downward into a never-ending circle of depression and self-hatred, culminating in multi-explosion extravaganza suicide.

Edited By Arpikarhu on April 18 2002 at 11:33

- Arthur Dent - 04-18-2002

speaking of sucking...

Hi Arpi! {Big Grin}

- Galt - 04-18-2002

The only movies that always live up to expectations are the beautifully written, performed, and directed Andy Sidaris films.

- IkeaBoy - 04-18-2002

Dragons = Gay

- Hybrid - 04-18-2002

i didnt know you were a dragon ikea.

- Skitchr4u - 04-19-2002

what is the movie based on dent? is it a book or what?

- Arthur Dent - 04-19-2002

Quote:what is the movie based on dent? is it a book or what?
Don't know. Could be original work. Found out about it on AICN. Hasn't gotten a lot of publicity yet.

Just thinking about giant fire breating flying reptiles destorying cities and knocking helicopters out of the sky. Everything the Matthew Broderick Godzilla wasn't.

If I was doing it, I'd make it some kind of revenge motivated war. Maybe explain how humans beat the dragons a thousand years ago and locked them away somewhere. Did read that the dragons will talk and have personalities, but be very reptilian and non-human.

In the article, they talked about how they brought in biologists and zooligists to discuss how a dragon might have evolved and how it would actually look, move, etc. They brought it down to bare essentials, and then added on a couple of horns and stuff because that's what audiences expect from a dragon.

- Skitchr4u - 04-19-2002

i always liked when dragons were more advanced than humans, magic users who could take on human form to learn more about the human ways

- IkeaBoy - 04-20-2002

the trailer is out here dragon fans

- Arthur Dent - 04-23-2002

Just watched the trailer. Unfortunately, without sound. No speakers here.
Production quality looked good. Dragons looked organic. And I like the idea that the story will follow both a Dark Ages fight and a 2083 fight. Looks like they're really going to compare and contrast the leaders of the two fights. That sounds like a really good idea for a story.

- Faceman - 04-23-2002

I saw the trailer in front of "The Scorpion King" on saturday night and immediately said, "I've gotta see that". The premise is that it's 2084 AD and dragons are wreaking havoc. Christian Bale plays a fire chief and Matthew McConaughey plays a dragon slayer with a militia. Lots of fire and action from the trailer. I am labelling this as a must see this summer

Edited By Faceman on April 23 2002 at 10:33

- Spitfire - 04-23-2002

Kick ass! I love Dragons! I just hope they don't talk, do they (Ican't put the sound up on my comp now that my boss came in)? At least it's a pretty original story...I can't wait!

- Keyser Soze - 04-23-2002

I hope it doesnt suck but it smells like Waterworld to me. Great concept, horrible execution and plot.

- Hey Ladi - 04-23-2002

Quote:I saw the trailer in front of "The Scorpion King" on saturday night and immediately said, "I've gotta see that".
Me too. Looked good, lots of fire, good scenery, I just hope the actors turn out to be good.

- Arthur Dent - 04-24-2002

I decided to make this a thread for all the upcoming movies you really want to see, and to turn out well.

Jason X
Check out the design of the updated Jason. Really bad ass killer. And what more do you really want from a Friday the 13th sequel?

- crx girl - 04-25-2002

i saw the trailer for jason x, there was a general groan throughout the movie theatre and i think the general consesus was "they're kidding, right?" Rolleyes

- LZMF1 - 04-25-2002

i gave up on the friday the 13th movies after the 3rd one in 3-D. they exponentially got worse from there. jason X..........who is really gonna bother with that? i know i won't.

- IkeaBoy - 04-25-2002

I downloaded/saw Jason X and on my computer screen it looked surprisingly well (I imagine it didn't get the largest budget) but it was TOO self aware, too self conscious, knowing that it's a Jason movie so making fun of Jason and the character types and that got annoying. I also didn't like the people from hundreds of years in the future using modern slang. There was one really good joke/homage to the early Jason films though.

- Faceman - 04-25-2002

I can't take a movie seriously when it has the line in it..."He's ok now, he just wanted his machete". I'm voting that "worst movie line EVER"