CDIH
Invent a product - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Invent a product (/showthread.php?tid=1449)

Pages: 1 2

- PollyannaFlower46 - 04-26-2002

With all the gadgets and gizmos out there, you gotta wonder just how hard is it to sell something? Well with that in mind, my speech professor is making us "invent" and present a product in a commercial on Monday....what would you invent, and what would be your pitch?

- IkeaBoy - 04-26-2002

something that cuts the ends off cattle prods to make them easier to use and handle- what could they be called?

- Danked - 04-26-2002

Why should we do your homework for you?

- fbd - 04-26-2002

danked, dont be mean.i think you should help her as much as possible, especially since i have to make a commercial for a product i invent for my public speaking final.so work for me and polly, bitches!

- Zootybang - 04-26-2002

Dont buy Into that bullshit! Your lazy-ass teacher is trying to get you guys to come up with good Ideas, then he Is going to steal them, patent them, and you lose out on all the profits when he gets rich. You should seriously bring this possibility up in class.

Quote:Why should we do your homework for you?

My homework? No, I already have my product...it's a can of black spray paint, I'm gonna say "spray it on and get rid of bald spots" that's never been done before, has it?

- Jack - 04-26-2002

Ideas pop into my head all the time for different products. Unfortunately I never invested in a small notepad to write them down or a recorder so I could leave "note to self" type messages for myself. The thing I thought of earlier was kind of similar to the ergonomic keyboards except that the two pieces are physically split and attach to your hands around your wrist. Of course these would also have to be wireless so that you could be free and still type at the same time. Couple these with a headband of some sort to go around your head and a small monitor that comes down over one eye that is wireless as well and you can go anywhere within 1100 ft (assuming that you use 2.4ghz technology) and operate your computer.

- Kid Afrika - 04-26-2002

I love people that have half-baked ideas with no plan of how to make them come to fruition.

- Jack - 04-26-2002

It actually would not be difficult to build... Only problem is materials..

But yeah... all these ideas, no prototypes. Waste of a lot of time.

- Danked - 04-26-2002

It's a Jump To Conclusions mat.

OMG I'm so not doing the hairspray idea...I'm going to do Zooty's idea....that's hilarious.

- IkeaBoy - 04-26-2002

flavored communion wafers

- Maynard - 04-26-2002

Here's what you do Polly....when it comes time for your presentation, you stand up in front of the class, and say

I've thought about this quite a bit sir, and I'd have to say considering what's waiting out there for me, I don't want to sell anything, buy anything or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or... process anything sold, bought or processed, or repair anything sold, bought or processed, you know, as a career I don't want to do that. So, uh, my father's in the army, he wants me to join, but I can't work for that corporation, so what I've been doing lately is kickboxing, which is really a, uh, new sport, but I think it's got a good future. As far as career longevity goes, I don't really know, because, you know, you can't really tell. Your training sticks (?) as a fighter, you know, but it's no good, you know, you have to be great, but I can't really tell if I'm great until I've had a couple of pro fights. But I haven't been knocked out yet. I don't know, I can't figure it all out today Sir.

Then sit back down and just look as though nothing ever happened.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 04-26-2002

Why not sell sex? I don't konw if that one is taken yet. I mean you could bottle it and sell in stores.

- Arthur Dent - 04-26-2002

How about doing one of those commercials that never tells you what the product is until the vey last second. Just do something weird and eye-catching, and then throw the product name on the screen at the last second. Say your trying to create a "buzz" for your mystery product.

Or, you could "invent" the remote control internet sex-suit. :fucking: by internet connection. Yes, it exists.

How about a toaster for kids that can burn any cartoon image into a slice of bread? Just slide out one plate and slide in another with a different character on it. (And I just came up with that this second. Maybe I should patent it.{Big Grin})

- crx girl - 04-26-2002

ok, i actually came up with an idea yesterday on my way home from work, it's called an urbrella © tricia2002. i'd tell you more about it but i don't wanna get ripped off. it's in the early stages of developement right now, ie in my head. :bouncer:

- Arthur Dent - 04-26-2002

Quote:it's called an urbrella © tricia2002
Does it have anything to do with turning an umbrella into a bong? :fuggin:

- crx girl - 04-26-2002

not at all, it has very practical uses actually. i'll give you a clue, i hate umbrella's and think they should be banned from the city.

- Hey Ladi - 04-26-2002

Quote:i'll give you a clue, i hate umbrella's and think they should be banned from the city.
I remember reading something about that...... something about an umbrella that doesn't stick out? So you don't get :poke: ?

- crx girl - 04-26-2002

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

you know i came up with the whole lemon in the diet coke thing tooRolleyes