CDIH
Best opening scene? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Best opening scene? (/showthread.php?tid=1620)

Pages: 1 2

- JIMMYSNUKA - 05-05-2002

I would have to go with the opening scene in Blade. That is just KICK ASS. Too bad it was the most exciting part of the entire movie. But i think that scene is so good it is worth it.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 05-05-2002

Forrest Gump with the feather....

- JIMMYSNUKA - 05-05-2002

Forrest Gump is one hell of a movie.

The opening scene to From Dusk Till Dawn was really good as well.

- Hybrid - 05-05-2002

half baked :-)

- Galt - 05-05-2002

The opening sequence from Fight Club was great.

Another one that for some reason I always liked was the first scene of Timecop (hey, it's no worse than Dusk til Dawn) where the guy robs the Confederate stagecoach of all the gold by wiping everyone out with some futuristic gun.

- IkeaBoy - 05-05-2002

The opening to Goldfinger- shocking, positively shocking. The one from TWINE was pretty cool too.

I'm not sure if it counts because there was no credits but the opening sequence of Apocalypse Now with The End.

Goodfellas- it's short but there's something so cool about the torture scene in the trunk, "All my life I knew I wanted to be a gangster," Bennet's Rags to Riches

And one of the ultimate ones in film history- Raiders of the Lost Ark.

- Paper Boy - 05-05-2002

Ace Ventura Pet Detective, dressed as a UPS guy kicking the box down the street. That was some funny shit.

- Galt - 05-06-2002

"Today's a good day to die"

- JIMMYSNUKA - 05-06-2002

How bout the beginning to the original American Pie. Was I the only one who said "Holy shit I cant believe they showed his dick with a sock on it!"

- SLASH - 05-06-2002

Galt, Flatliners?

Quote:half baked

I just watched that movie for the first time. It sucked!

- Hybrid - 05-06-2002

are you kidding me? half baked was great.

- SLASH - 05-06-2002

No, I am not kidding you. Bruer funny? Riiiight...

- Galt - 05-06-2002

Slash, yes.

And you just reminded me of another good opening scene. Jim Carrey lip synching Welcome to the Jungle in Dead Pool

- The Sleeper - 05-06-2002

Pulp Fiction

- IkeaBoy - 05-06-2002

Carrey lipsynching wasn't the opening scene, there was a scene before that of Callahan leaving a courtroom after testifying against a mob boss if I remember correctly

- criticslovesnatch - 05-06-2002

bonasera pleading to the don in Godfather.

- Sir O - 05-06-2002

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this, but Saving Private Ryan anyone?

Also, the opening scene from Lean On Me was pretty sweet...

- GonzoStyle - 05-06-2002

I've always loved Gabriel Byrne, his presence alone without dialouge is amazing.

But The Opening scene between him and keyser soze in Usual Suspects. Just something about how he delivers the line "I can't feel my legs... keyser." Just really gets me everytime I see it.

Goodfellas has a hell of an opening to the film as well.

One of the best openings though is The opening of Dracula with Gary Oldman, when he renounces god in the church with Anthony Hopkins. When Oldman unseathes his sword and plunges it into the cross and the blood begins to flow and fill the room. Having Orff in the background for music doesn't hurt either. The movie left much to be desired but that opening reeled you in for the long haul.

Another great opening is Jean Reno in the professional.

- Ken'sPen - 05-06-2002

Enemy at the gates,
welcome to hell.

- Skitchr4u - 05-06-2002

Saving private ryan was very intense, probably my favorite ever...good call on the professional too gs