CDIH
Fun times in newark - Guy has seizure - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Fun times in newark - Guy has seizure (/showthread.php?tid=1719)

- HedCold - 05-13-2002

when my sister was driving me back to njit we came across this car stopped in the road with the hazard lights on. it was some indian guy having a seizure of some sorts. so like, being the outstanding citizens that we are, we decided to stop and call 911. we get out of the car to creep over and see if he was getting better or something. my sister first for some reason told 911 people we were in jersey city, so they transfered her to them, then when she told them she made a mistake and we were really in newark, they gave her a number to call. we then proceeded to call that number and they said they would send someone out. as we're standing there like idiots, trying to talk to the guy who finally came conscious but had no clue where he was, people were coming up behind him and honking. apparently me telling them to go around meant nothing. go figure. then some bus came by, and because he couldn't fit, we asked the guy to move up a little. he then drove away with his hazard lights on. i then stopped a fire ambulance truck who just happened to drive by, explained it to him, and he was like 'oh well they're probably backed up at the hospital' or something like that about being backed up.

so...
1 - more then once did i think he might take a gun out or something, or maybe even he had a knife stuck n his back
2 - he really did have a seizure cause he was all drooling and such and my sister said thats what happens
3 - WHERE THE FUCK WERE THE AMBULANCE? the hospital is like a whole five minutes away from where this happened. what the fuck?
4 - the bus driver was actually cool about it because i walked up to him in sitting in the bus and explained it and he was just like 'uhhh...can you get him to move a little or something?'
5 - if for some reason theres a news story of some indian in a car with massachussetts license plates getting into an accident, we tried to help and if like anyone dies or gets seriously hurt (god forbid), i guess you could blame the city of newark.

but anyway, am i the only one who thinks its messed up the ambulance never showed up? because seriously what if something did happen as he drove away? when he came conscious my sister was asking him questions about where he's from and he couldn't even answer correctly.

and why did 911 transfer us around like that? i never actually used 911 before so i don't know if that is standard procedure

- Hybrid - 05-13-2002

IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

- HedCold - 05-13-2002

that flash movie is so much better than wee.

- Hybrid - 05-13-2002

[Image: squirrel.gif]

- HedCold - 05-13-2002

that squirrel runs in fear from dancing banana guy.

- Hybrid - 05-13-2002

pfffft.

- HedCold - 05-13-2002

<marquee>[Image: squirrel.gif][Image: peanutjelly.jpg]</marquee>

- IkeaBoy - 05-13-2002

did you know that a guy had a seizure on the day of Kennedy assassination in Dealey Plaza and there was no hospital report ever made of it even though an ambulence arrived to take him away.

- HedCold - 05-13-2002

no, no i did not
good to know

- crx girl - 05-13-2002

last summer when i was working, a guy who came to our restaurant with his company (which was a retirement home apparently) for their summer picnic, played softball for a couple of hours then keeled over dead of a heartattack. lisa, another waitress did cpr on the guy for about a half hour, while these so called retirement home employees looked on in bewilderement and waited for the emts to show up. when they did they let her continue on with the cpr for some unknown reason, even though she was just doing what she'd learned about 5 years before in health class. eventually they took him to the hospital and we found out later that even though he was technically alive when they got him to the hospital that there was no way anyone could have saved this 40 year old man whose 5 yearold daughter was off playing in the sand pit during this whole ordeal.

the lesson: life sucks, you could die at any minute, try to be having a nice day out with your daughter who you only see every other weekend.

- Arpikarhu - 05-13-2002

who gives a fuck? not me.

the lesson: be more interesting

- Skitchr4u - 05-13-2002

i have heard of 911 taking forever to get places, but transfering you around is nuts!! they really should be fired!! what the fuck is wrong with people??