CDIH
4 wheel drive vacation - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 4 wheel drive vacation (/showthread.php?tid=1802)

Pages: 1 2

- Arthur Dent - 05-20-2002

There's a show on BBC about extreme survival where this huy shows different types of survival techniques in different environments. This week, he explained how to safely take an SUV and go off roading in the Australian Outback and then went to Arizona to follow the trails the Apache used when fighting US cavalry.

I really like the idea of going to southern Arizona with a bunch of friends and some well equipped SUV's for a week and exploring all that stuff and seeing all the real places.

Why is this here? Because I figure 4 wheeling is a red neck sport. Anybody ever do this? Go off-roading anywhere?

- Hey Ladi - 05-20-2002

Do these count? If yes, then yes. Around here anyway. To go on vacation out there & take them too, would kick ass. :moonie:

[Image: autoATVAllKawasakiKawasaki_Bayou_220-resized220.jpg]

- Arthur Dent - 05-20-2002

Quote:Do these count?
Only for short trips. You could't carry enough water on one of those with all your other gear for more than a day or two. Plus, it's nice to have AC when your in a 110 degree dessert.

For, say a week, you'd need a Land Rover, Explorer, or something like that fitted with heavy duty shocks, etc.

- Hey Ladi - 05-20-2002

Yes, that always looked cool on those travel shows.... when they are going through, say, the Amazon & the roads are crap. I watched one once, where a hole of mud practically the size of the car threatened to swallow it up.

- barch97 - 05-20-2002

Is this a board outing in the making or what?

- Sluggo - 05-20-2002

Land Rover sponsors events that are well supervised and get this...Catered...
Two years ago they had a trip from Denver to (I'm about to butcher some spelling, here goes...) Telliuride...Totally off road.
I would love to do a week or so on the red rocks.

- Hey Ladi - 05-21-2002

Do you have to already have a Land Rover, or can anyone go? Rent one maybe? Or can we just go with you? :-D

- Arthur Dent - 05-21-2002

That sounds pretty cool, Sluggo. Got a link for info?

Board vacation, Barch? Not a bad idea. Maybe a leave Saturday morning come home Sunday night deal. Wouldn't do off-roading though. Maybe a nice camping trip. Get everyone hanging out around a camp fire instead of a bar might be a lot of fun with this bunch of nuts. Just need to find some place fairly isolated with no "quiet time" curfew or park rangers coming by to see what your doing.

- barch97 - 05-21-2002

Far enough away from civilization that no one will hear Hey Ladi scream?

- Arthur Dent - 05-21-2002

Quote:Far enough away from civilization that no one will hear Hey Ladi scream?
And where Luna can run naked through the moon light.

- Hey Ladi - 05-21-2002

That might require a good few miles Angel

- barch97 - 05-21-2002

I am lovin' the sound of this outing :-D

- drusilla - 05-31-2002

i rented a jeep wrangler in maui & took it on these back roads in the mountains. all dirt, no pavement. it was awesome. i own an suv, but never took it out to see what it can do.

Edited By Drusilla on May 30 2002 at 11:55

- Arthur Dent - 05-31-2002

If I went to Maui, I'd rather get horses and ride along the beach and up the trails. Horseback riding rules as long as you get smart horses that listen and not those stupid trail horses that only know how to follow the horse in front of them.

- Arpikarhu - 05-31-2002

hillbilly's with small penises who can only feel like men when they dominate and destroy an environment with thier low mileage, high emission SUV's. grow up

sorry, while i still feel the opinion expressed in this post is true, i shouldnt have posted it. my coffee maker is broken and i am feeling very bitter about it.

Edited By Arpikarhu on May 31 2002 at 12:57

- Sluggo - 05-31-2002

Quote:hillbilly's with small penises who can only feel like men when they dominate and destroy an environment with thier low mileage, high emission SUV's. grow up
MOST of us adhere to the "Tread Lightly" credo.

- Arpikarhu - 05-31-2002

Quote:MOST of us adhere to the "Tread Lightly" credo
yeah, i am sure its easy to tread lighltly in a steel framed SUV

Edited By Arpikarhu on May 31 2002 at 3:03

- Sluggo - 05-31-2002

Tread lightly means don't drive where you are not permitted, don't drive like a maniac and tear up the ground , and stay on the trails, don't go making your own.
Fucking tree hugger.

- Arpikarhu - 05-31-2002

yeah it must be real cool to drive off road, through the woods, insulated in your SUV. sitting on the leather seats, CD player blasting, air-conditioning running, really getting down with nature.

- Sluggo - 05-31-2002

You're such a douche...
My vehicles are REAL 4wd's...
Not mommy's station wagon...
Shit, one doesn't even have a fucking top...
And air conditioning is for girlie men.