CDIH
N.F.L. Confrence Championships - The final four in two great games - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: N.F.L. Confrence Championships - The final four in two great games (/showthread.php?tid=190)

Pages: 1 2

- Sean Cold - 01-21-2002

Quote:New England Patriots vs Pittsburg Steelers
Well, I stand corrected on both teams from my misserable 1 for 3 last week. The Pats proved that they were the number 2 seed for a reason. Bad call at the end or not, to get a win in those conditions is nothing to scarf at. The Steelers just dominated both sides of the ball against the defending champs and sent the cocky Ravens home packing. Kordell again proved his mettle with a complete game and will do so again in his chance to start in the super bowl. It may be close, but I have to go with the home fiel advantage in this game. If in Foxboro, I would pick the Pats but it's not.

My Pick: Steelers.

Quote:Philadelphia Eagles vs St. Louis Rams
This pick is much easier. I do not see any feesable way to shut down the Rams unless you hurt both Warner and Faulk and get them out of the game. The defense was also outstanding and it gives the Rams and added demension that was missing when they won the superbowl by a yard two years ago. The Eagles have played great as well and earned their spot without a doubt. I just do not see them having the firepower to go up against "The Greatest Show On Earth".

My Pick: Rams

- AdolescentMasturbator - 01-21-2002

Well since I was 0-4 this week :eek: I have to redeem myself. My intuition tells me the Steelers will win so I'll have to say the Pats since I don't trust myself after this week. And my intuition says the Rams and I'd like to say the Eagles as well but there is just no fucking way they will win. Rams and Pats in the Super Bowl.

- Keyser Soze - 01-21-2002

New England Patriots vs Pittsburg Steelers

The Pats looked awfully good and had the heart to stick it out until the final minutes of the snowy mess of a classic game this weekend versus the Raiders. The Steelers just flat out owned the Ravens. This should be an awesome matchup. I'm going with the Steelers to continue their strong play against a hard nosed Patriots team in a down to the wire battle.

Pick: Steelers by 3

Philadelphia Eagles vs St. Louis Rams

I don't know about you but I can't believe the Eagles made it this far. I have no faith in them giving the Rams any kind of fight but hell, the NFL is a strange game and anything seems to happen. I'm going with my instincts and calling for a complete and utter dismantaling of the Eagles by a powerful Rams offense.

Pick: Rams by 21

- The Sleeper - 01-21-2002

Pats/Steelers: I'm definetly sticking with the Pats. Tom Brady is better than Kordell Stewart. Bettis might play, but he won't be 100% and Antowain Smith is gonna bust a couple of big runs. Pats 24 Steelers 19

Rams/Eagles. Duh. Rams 38 Eagles 3

- DGW - 01-21-2002

Since I had a great first week, I'll wait till later in the week for my picks. Anyone se the spreads yet? I imagine thew Rams will be giving 10 and the Steelers will be giving 4 1/2.

- Skitchr4u - 01-21-2002

Steelers/Pats - I didn't give the pats a chance against the Raiders, and they pulled it out, and I didn't think the Steelers would beat Baltimore, so I am going to say that the steelers win due to home field.

Rams/Eagles - Didn't philly play them well in week 1 or 2?? I think that it will be close, but the Rams will win it, just don't think they will cover a spread over 7 1/2...

- fbd - 01-21-2002

copyong this from the other thread...
well, next week, rams will kill the eagles.rams are one of the best teams in football, and the eagles...arent.as for pats vs. steelers, i honestly dont know.i didnt think the pats would win, but i dont think they'll be able to beat the steelers on sunday

- Snoteater - 01-21-2002

The Eagles have the defense and the ability to give the Rams a hard time. This game will not be a blow out. I am predicting an all PA superbowl. Eagles and Steelers.

- AFDude - 01-21-2002

The Eagles have a very good, aggressive defense, but Kurt Warner and the Rams are very good at picking up and burning teams who blitz too much.

Rams 38, Eagles 21

Even with the call, the Pats definitely showed the rest of the league they earned their spot. Brady didn't throw a TD, but he made clutch plays in harsh weather. Even when Oakland took Troy Brown and the running game away, they still made it happen with key catches by David Patten and Jermaine Wiggins. Homefield is huge, but Kordell still hasn't proven himself in my eyes, and Bettis won't be in game shape.

Pats 20, Steelers 17

- Bartman - 01-22-2002

im not gonna give scores or reasons just my picks....

so here i go rams are gonna wreck the eagles..

and the pats are gonna win in a good game with the steelers

- Spitfire - 01-22-2002

spread:

FAVORITE LINE 0/U UNDERDOG
ST. LOUIS 11 1/2 51 1/2 Philadelphia
PITTSBURGH 8 36 New England

I hate being torn between teams you would like to see win and who you think is gonna win Sad Lucky for me, all season I've been following 2 teams pretty closely--the Eagles and the Steelers-- trying to decide who my team will be. So at least one :cross fingers: has to make it to the Superbowl...

I won $50 and a cookie last week; this weel I'm not so sure what my chances will be...

Philadelphia @ St. Louis
I think this game is going to be a lot closer than the spread predicts. In order for the Eagles to win, they have to play some dirty defense and take Warner out of the game early. HURT HIM BOYS! McNabb can make a difference, but I'm not an optimistic person, not thinking they can shut-down Faulk, so I'll say:
Rams 27, Eagles 20

New England @ Pittsburgh
Time for Stewart to ultimately prove himself. Another good game, but the Steelers are gonna come out on top. The Bus will roll all over NE
Steelers 30, Pats 17

but wouldn't a Pennsy SuperBowl be cool! :bouncer:

- AFDude - 01-22-2002

Quote:but wouldn't a Pennsy Superbowl be cool!

Fuck no, it'd be the lowest scoring superbowl in history....3-0 would be the final score...

*EDIT:If Pittsburgh/New England is close at the end, you h ave to give the Pats the edge, at least they have a reliable kicker....Kris Brown sucks ass... :lol:

Edited By AFDude on Jan. 22 2002 at 4:52

- criticslovesnatch - 01-22-2002

I didn't win a cookie, but i did go 3-1 last week so i didn't completely embaress myself :real good:

No way the eagles are gonna win in St. Louis, i see the rams by at least 2 TD's

The other game is much tougher to call, and I say that under any other weather circumstances in New England the Raiders would have won. The Steelers have been playing great, even without Bettis I say the steelers win, 24-17

- DGW - 01-25-2002

Lines have changed
Eagles are getting 12 over/under 49
Pats are getting 9 1/2 over/under 36

Straight out winners
Eagles
Pittsburgh

Against the bookie.
I'll take the Eagles and the 12, and the over.
I'll take the Pats and the 9 1/2 in a close game. I'll take the over there too.

I'f I'm feeling real lucky I'll go with a 20 timer 3 team tease...I'll take the Eagles at +22, I'll take the Eagle/Ram over under down to 39 and take the over, and I'll take the Pat/Steeler over under down to 26 and take the over.

....2 team teasers get's yah 6 points per game
...........3 team teasers get yah 10 points per game
....but that's why they're called teasers

Place yer bets.

- Sean Cold - 01-25-2002

Quote:Warner back in practice Friday
Associated Press

ST. LOUIS -- Rams quarterback Kurt Warner returned to practice on Friday, a day after missing most of the Thursday's workouts with cramps in his sore rib cage.

Warner warmed up without apparent difficulty and zipped his first pass of the practice to Jeff Robinson. He went on to show no visible signs of trouble with his throwing and handoffs.

Thursday, Warner was treated for bruised ribs earlier in the day with electrical stimulation. Coach Mike Martz said the stimulation might have backfired, causing the cramps.

"He's got a lot of spasms in there, so when that happens you can hurt your back because you overcompensate when you throw the ball," Martz said after practice Thursday. "He was fine yesterday and he'll be fine tomorrow."

Warner took part in the first quarter of Thursday's practice session throwing 12 passes before the cramps seized up and he needed to stop. Martz said that Warner could have come back and finished practice, but decided it was best to let him rest.

Warner had precautionary X-rays taken. The results showed no damage to the ribs or cartilage.

Martz was a bit perturbed about the situation.

"I'm not real happy about it, but that's the way it goes," Martz said. "The fact this flared up is agitating or irritating, but nothing you can do about it."

Warner injured his ribs when he was hit in the fourth quarter of the Rams' 45-17 playoff victory over the Green Bay Packers. He's been dogged by physical problems in recent weeks, including bruised vocal cords in the regular-season finale against the Falcons.

Warner left Rams Park without speaking to reporters.

Backup Jamie Martin took all the snaps in practice Thursday leading to Sunday's NFC championship game with Philadelphia. Warner threw for 4,830 yards, second-most in league history, and Martin threw three passes in the regular season.

"He did a nice job," Martz said. "Jamie is ready to go. He's got a nice grasp for what we're doing."

Warner's recent injury history turns up the pressure on the offensive line, which would be facing a big test anyway against the Eagles blitzing offense.

"We definitely want to keep those guys off Kurt," guard Adam Timmerman said. "That's a huge part of our game, to make sure he feels comfortable."

Martz didn't think that missing practice time would affect Warner on game day. Teammates agreed, noting that Warner was up to speed against the Packers after missing a practice due to a stomach flu.

"Once Kurt rejoined us, he didn't miss a beat and we didn't miss a beat," wide receiver Az-Zahir Hakim said. "Kurt is a valuable guy and definitely makes all the right reads and puts it where it needs to be."

Offensive tackle Ryan Tucker also missed practice Thursday due to muscle spasms in his shoulder. Tucker did not play in the playoff game against the Packers due to a sprained ankle.

All I know is the Eagles are probally going to try vodoo on Warner to keep him out of this game! Who is going to try and hit him high first? My money is on Douglas with a forearm to the fuckin neck.

And, DGW, I will be the first to admit I have no fuckin idea what the hell you are talking about at this point. All that shit meant to me was you basicly wagered your first born and the deed to your house.

- Skitchr4u - 01-25-2002

dgw. stop teasing us with all this stuff and explain!! does it mean that if we take the eagles and the points on the over we win or what??

- Sean Cold - 01-25-2002

That wager sounded so much like it was Col. Mustard in the libary with the rope to me. I do believe that I am just fuckin clueless to what he posted! :confused: :confused:

- Cluster F - 01-25-2002

Well, my 2-2 last week wasnt TOO bad compared to others, but i thought that if anyone in the NFC could beat the Rams, the Packers would. But, i didnt think that Favre would have the worst game of his career.

Anyway, my picks are...Steelers by 6, and Rams by 17. Steelers game should kick some serious ass. Eagles should get embarrassed against the Rams. Not having Vincent at 100% doesnt help much either.

- Keyser Soze - 01-25-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:That wager sounded so much like it was Col. Mustard in the libary with the rope to me. I do believe that I am just fuckin clueless to what he posted! :confused: :confused:
I understood every word he said, but hey, i'm a degenerate gambler!

Basically DGW by taking 3 teams (a teaser) gets 10 points to play with in each game. He used 10 points to give the Eagles +22 points meaning they can lose by 21 or less and he still wins. He used another 10 points to take the Eagle/Ram over/under down to 39 and took the over, meaning their combined scores has to be over 39, and in the final play of his teaser he used his 10 points to cut the Pat/Pitt over/under down to 26 and took the over, meaning their combined scores must be over 26.

So in review, in order for DGW to win......

1) Eagles must either win or they can only lose by less than 21 points.

2) The combined score of the Eagles/Rams game must be over 39.

3) The combined score of the Pat/Pitt game must be over 26.

- Skitchr4u - 01-25-2002

thank you keyser soze...i now almost understand

but i am still saying the steelers win a close one, and the rams win but don't cover hte spread