CDIH
How many band shirts do you own? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: How many band shirts do you own? (/showthread.php?tid=2242)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Spitfire - 06-21-2002

I have one rule for myself, I only buy a band t-shirt if I have seen them live. I've started a pretty good collection, and they're all girlie t's:

Ozzy
QOTSA x2
Dixie Witch
Halfway to Gone
Sea of Green
Alabama Thunderpussy
Melvins
a Meteorcity Records shirt
a few Dream Theater regular shirts

and a Lost Goat thong

Edited By Spitfire on June 21 2002 at 3:12

- Maynard - 06-21-2002

I don't buy many band shirts. And yes, I only buy them if I see them live. I really only have shirts from a few small bands that I REALLY like. And I usually buy a CD or something at a show instead of a t-shirt.

Ween
Melvins
QOTSA
ISIS

- PollyannaFlower46 - 06-21-2002

I own:

2 Alanis T-shirts (shocking I know), and one is on the way via mail order since it's $20 cheaper to do it that way... A LIVE camo baby-t, and a shirt from the DFP in 2000. I don't usually get shirts because of the cost and because I don't really wear t-shirts that often.

- HedCold - 06-21-2002

i have a green day shirt, cold, slipknot and tool and a dfp. the slipknot is to small for me now

- Sephiroth - 06-21-2002

5 or 6 Misfits, a few Dead Kennedy's, 2 Bad Religion, one Tool, 3 Black-Flag, 2 Anti-Flag, and a Patridge in a pear tree.

- kindred - 06-21-2002

I have two left from high school...Def Leppard and Van Halen (OU812 tour). Rolleyes I know, I know.....

I don't buy them anymore since I never seemed to wear them....

- Sloatsburgh - 06-21-2002

1 Heart, 2 Cold Sweat (wearing one now)

- Arthur Dent - 06-21-2002

1 Metallica from when I saw them at Giant Stadium. I either outgrew the rest or they faded and fell apart in the wash.

Oh, I forgot, I also own three NKOTB shirts... :crackhead:

- LZMF1 - 06-21-2002

i have waaaaaaay too many to list.

- Keyser Soze - 06-21-2002

i like to wear shirts of bands i hate or are really corny. its the emo in me. a NKOTB, Milli Vanilli, or a Vanilla Ice shirt does just fine. Nothing too current like say, Creed, cause you might be mistaken for someone who actually likes them. I think its a fashion faux pa (sp?) to wear a shirt of the band you are seeing at a concert. You don't want to be that guy.

Edited By Keyser Soze on June 21 2002 at 2:22

- Maynard - 06-21-2002

IF, I wear a band shirt to a concert, it's NEVER the band I'm seeing. That's just wrong.

What about if you buy the shirt at the show and put it on?

- Maynard - 06-21-2002

Nope, sorry Polly, that's even gayer.

That's what I thought, I see people doing that all the time...always wondered why too...

The only thing I think is kinda cool about wearing a band's shirt to a concert is when it's like obviously old...like if lets say one of the bands you're really into hit it big 5 years from now and you wore an older shirt to the show...that's kinda cool....but then again I'm easily impressed.

- Maynard - 06-21-2002

I prefer to just do my own thing at a show. I don't need to wear an old shirt of the band to prove to anyone I liked them first. If anything, I'd tell them to go fuck themselves.

BTW..Keyser, there was a guy there last night with a "Free Winona" t-shirt on. It was a real shirt too, with her face on it. But certainly not as cool as the marker on the shirt one you have.

- Spitfire - 06-21-2002

Never wear the shirt of the band you're going to see!

But everytime I go to the show, I try to wear a rock shirt...

- Hybrid - 06-21-2002

one red thursday shirt, one black thursday shirt with the superdove on it, a finch shirt, a from autumn to ashes shirt, an incubus one, and two sublime ones. i rule...yea...

- Maynard - 06-21-2002

So exactly which one of those shirts is it that rules?

- Hybrid - 06-21-2002

all of them. my red thursday one is my favorite though.