CDIH
Can't spell sucks without SU - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Can't spell sucks without SU (/showthread.php?tid=225)

- Metalfan - 01-23-2002

Fucking assholes do this to me every gah damned year. Start off the year great, with a top 10 ranking, then as the season wears on, they start sucking Snuka's mule. Its just like being a Red Sox fan all over again. Just make the fucking pain stop!

- Skitchr4u - 01-23-2002

what?

- Metalfan - 01-23-2002

SU = Syracuse University

- NaughtyAngel - 01-23-2002

i only like syracuse football

- Francine Banger - 01-23-2002

Your right its the same thing every year. Do we need to play out the rest of the year. We know what will happen, they will play about .500 the rest of the way, Lose in the Big East Semi's. Finish Ranked in the Top 20. Get a #4 or #5 seed and lose in either the 2nd or 3rd Round of the NCAA Tournament. Same story all the time.

But face it they are overrated. They have no business being ranked in the Top 10. After the NIT they havent beaten a good team all year, and they lose to mediocre teams like Tennessee and a decent team in Pittsburgh.

They had 3 road games out of 4 with Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and Georgetown, and I said before that I wanted 2 out of 3. Well at best they can win 1, and they still have the toughest game of the 3 to play.

If Shumpert isnt on fire, and DeShaun Williams or Kueth Duany arent contributing, they cant beat anybody.

and the Big East is stupid with their scheduling and Big East East and West. The fact that Syracuse doesnt play St. John's or Connecticut at all is a joke.

- criticslovesnatch - 01-24-2002

heh. :lol:

- Metalfan - 01-25-2002

FB.....I don't even think we need to play any games during the season, just give us the 20-9 record and have us lose to Richmond or Valpo in the early rounds of the Tourney. Boeheim gets his $$, the University get's their $$, and for us, nothing changes....la ti fucking da.

Only 2 years in recent memory they weren't overrated....1987 when they flat out should have beaten Indiana (a big FU to Keith Smart), and 1996 when they deservedly lost to a much more talented Kentucky team (Tony Delk et al).

Fucking Boeheim wonders why he can't sign the big name recruits....shit, he must be the only one. Between the torturusly cold winters (wind chills of -30 or more) and their consistent lackluster performances......who the F wants to play there????

As for SU football....years of great QB's and RB's, but not a whole hell of a lot else, yet they make it into bowl games too....ponderous, f'in ponderous.

- Sean Cold - 01-29-2002

Quote:Hoyas finally get best of a ranked opponent

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Georgetown finally saw some reward for having such a tough schedule. Preston Shumpert could barely see at all, and Syracuse had no chance without him.

Kevin Braswell collected 16 points, six steals and five assists in Georgetown's victory.
Kevin Braswell had 16 points, six steals and five assists Monday night in Georgetown's 75-60 upset of the Orangemen (No. 10 ESPN/USA Today, No. 14 AP), giving the Hoyas the type of quality win they needed to stay in contention for an NCAA Tournament berth.

Mike Sweetney added 18 points and 13 rebounds for the Hoyas (13-7, 4-4 Big East), who had been 0-6 against teams currently ranked in the Top 25.

"It's important for us to be able to say we beat a team like Syracuse," said Georgetown coach Craig Esherick, who beefed up the nonconference schedule after a disappointing NCAA seeding last year. "I looked at the Top 25 yesterday, and there's a whole lot of teams that we've played. We've played a tough schedule, and when you have eight underclassmen, there's going to be some inconsistencies."

The Orangemen (17-5, 6-2), however, were hardly a quality-looking opponent Monday night as they lost for the third time in four games.

Shumpert, a senior forward and the Big East's second leading scorer, wore goggles after a flare-up of an eye injury and played just 19 minutes -- including just one minute in the second half. He scored three points on 1-for-5 shooting, his lowest scoring output since the third game of his sophomore year.

Shumpert scratched the cornea in his right eye during the Orangemen's loss to Pittsburgh last year in the semifinals of the Big East tournament. Although the injury has bothered him periodically, this was the first time he wore goggles in a game.

Coach Jim Boeheim said the eye was swollen shut when Shumpert woke up Sunday morning.

"Before the game, he really couldn't see out of it, but he thought he could go," Boeheim said. "We need him out there. He was in more pain at halftime. It flared up, and I just didn't think he could go anymore. ... I don't think a good player should be playing when he can't see. Obviously, without him, we're not the same team."

Boeheim said the eye hasn't been reinjured, and doctors say it could clear up in two or three days.

"He's had a little bit of trouble with it, but not a lot, from time to time," Boeheim said. "But this is the first time that it's flared up this bad. It's pretty ugly looking."

The Orangemen also missed eight straight free throws and were just 8-for-18 from the line for the game. They made just five baskets outside the paint and were badly outrebounded (47-22) for the fourth consecutive game.

"We have a problem there, there's no question about it," Boeheim said. "This team's bigger and stronger than we are, and we've got to find a way to get a few more rebounds to be competitive. We're not a great rebounding team. We're going to get outrebounded."

DeShaun Williams scored 13 points to lead the Orangemen, who fell into a tie with Pittsburgh for first place in the Big East's West Division.

Even with Syracuse's problems, Georgetown didn't pull away until a 10-2 run early in the second half, with six points from Braswell and four free throws from Sweetney. Two freshmen had big games: Harvey Thomas scored a career-high 14 points, and Tony Bethel had 14 points and nine rebounds.

The first half was extremely ragged. There were 19 turnovers -- 10 by Georgetown -- and the game's first successful jump shot didn't come until Thomas' 3-pointer with 11:09 to go in the half. Braswell's 3-pointer with six seconds left put Georgetown up 37-30, the biggest lead by either team in the first half.

Before the game, Georgetown announced that junior forward Victor Samnick will miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery on a nagging foot injury. Samnick, who started 12 games this season, hurt his foot Dec. 6 against South Carolina and had missed the last two games.

There ya go MetaFan, something for you to read with your morning coffee!

:roltflmao: :roltflmao: :roltflmao:

Yop, you are correct, they SUck! :bouncer:

Edited By Sean Cold on Jan. 29 2002 at 03:31

- Metalfan - 01-29-2002

Thanks Sean, knew I could count on ya :eatme:

I turned the fucking game off with 10 minutes left, I figured scraping the cheese off of my balls would be a better use of my time at that point.

Yeah, they're gonna lose some games, but why to G'town.....that sucks worse than when Ladi forgets to take her toof out before drinking from the mule.

- Grumpy - 01-29-2002

criticslovesnatch Wrote:heh. :lol:
What? Like Maryland has such a great team? Puuuhhleease....those fuckin pansies couldn't play football if their fucking lives depended on it......

As for Syracuse? They're a lost cause. The Trojans on the other hand........

- Francine Banger - 01-29-2002

I love hearing the News Reports how GeorgeTown upsets #10 Syracuse. Upset? Please. Just because Syracuse is WAY OVERRATED, doesnt make it an upset, GeorgeTown was 4 1/2 point favorites and rightfully so.

Syracuse should be on the bottom half of the Top 25. They havent beaten a good team since the NIT. And what the hell is up with Shumpert's eye again?

If they lose to Rutgers on Saturday, there is gonna be some major problems.

- criticslovesnatch - 02-07-2002

Grumpy Wrote:What? Like Maryland has such a great team? Puuuhhleease....those fuckin pansies couldn't play football if their fucking lives depended on it......
yes silly me, i was mistaken when i thought that an 18-3 team ranked #3 in the country is good...and btw this is a basketball thread, not football as you stated, so you must be over 4 feet tall to discuss :bouncer: