CDIH
Asshole sports parents - Face it, your kid doesn't have it - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Asshole sports parents - Face it, your kid doesn't have it (/showthread.php?tid=2360)

- OAS - 06-28-2002

It never ceases to amaze me how ridiculous sports parents can be. I umpire a number of levels of amateur baseball and I'm ready to shoot some of these whinny parents. One league I umpire is 15-17 year olds. Let's face it, by this age it is clear whether or not a kid has a shot at playing at a higher level. And in this league, I only see one kid that might have a very slim shot. Having coached one kid that made it to the big's with a very short obscure career and having grown up with a good friend that had a pretty good big league career, I kind of know what it takes to make it.

I can't stand these parents that watch their kids, knowing the dream isn't going to happen that have to bitch and complain that every stupid play their kid makes is because of a shit call by the umpire. On Wednesday, I had to eject a parent from the game that was out of control because his son who was a catcher tried to throw a runner out at third but whose throw was to late. The runner was safe and the father went ballistic. Was it the ump base ump who made the right call fault that the guys son has too weak an arm to throw a runner out?

These parents bitch about strike zones when their kid watches a called third strike, or can't get down the baseline fast enough.

Were your parents this bad? Are you one of these parents? Will you be one?

- HedCold - 06-28-2002

my parents weren't like that. i guess they realized i sucked, but they just came to the game to watch me play and bs with the other parents. no one on my team was ever some 'superstar', so really none of the parents acted that way.
of course watching other games, especially with younger kids it happened, but you just laugh at those people

- LZMF1 - 06-28-2002

luckily, my parents were always too busy attend any of my little league baseball and high school lacrosse games. thank god for that. they would have just annoyed the crap out of me!

- Galt - 06-28-2002

Quote:coached one kid that made it to the big's with a very short obscure career .......having grown up with a good friend that had a pretty good big league career.....

Christ, just tell us, namedropper

- Ken'sPen - 06-28-2002

A good friend of mine in High School went to the NFL and made the All-Madden Team

- Hybrid - 06-28-2002

why is every baseball ump 99 fucking years old. you wonder why the parents get mad when you make bad calls. when i was in little league one of the umps was like 77 and looked like the guy from the bitter beer face commercial permanently. he was the woooooooooooooorst ever. always ended up ejecting people for flipping out on him.

- Hey Ladi - 06-28-2002

When you are 7, everyone looks old

- Hybrid - 06-28-2002

good one grumpy

- Galt - 06-28-2002

Don't you hate people who try and re-live their lost dreams of athletic glory by trying to insert themselves into the sports careers of young kids?

And yeah, I guess the parents are pretty bad too.

- HedCold - 06-28-2002

the parents aren't the ones who should get mad, the coaches should. what makes them think their complaining will change anything? their opinion of a call means shit.

- Hey Ladi - 06-28-2002

Quote:good one grumpy

no... really.... didn't you used to think people were so old when you were little, and then you look back now & they were like late 20's early 30's

- Hybrid - 06-28-2002

my bad, thought you were making fun of my age. yea, sometimes that happened i guess, but this dude was OLD. he honestly did look like bitter beer face. the guy had wrinkles on his knees for christs sake.

- Galt - 06-28-2002

I saw a group of high school juniors last week, and my head almost exploded. The girls were so retardedly hot. Like 90% of them were just gorgeous. They just looked so damn young.

And they were in elementary school when I was their age