CDIH
Cable raising rates - $10 dollars more a month - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Cable raising rates - $10 dollars more a month (/showthread.php?tid=237)

- Dryblood - 01-24-2002

I watched the news tonight on the WB11 and they said Cabelvision high speed internet will be raising the rates 10 dollars more.

:no, really, fuck off: to cabelvision and another great reason to have DSL :bouncer:

- SLASH - 01-24-2002

CableVision is roughly 10$ less than @home. I was thinking that maybe @home would drop down to CableVision rates as technology advanced,

Dial-Up is the only way to go. Besides it is portable :bouncer:

- crx girl - 01-24-2002

time warner's raising all their rates. don't remember where i saw it, but i read somewhere that if you have everything your bill could be as much as $230 a month soon. roadrunner is now $44.95 a month...

- AdolescentMasturbator - 01-24-2002

I was about to get Earthlink but waited a little bit and now that I can get Optimum Online I'm getting that now.

Optimum is one of the few great broadband isps out there. The cable companies are fucking up with the entire @home debacle and Time Warner can't get their act together. DSL is pretty bad because almost all the Baby Bells provide shitty service. The only good DSL providers are Earthlink(in some areas) and Speakeasy but they are still a premium when it comes to price. Covad will probably go down and the DSL situation will be probably just get worse.

And honestly I'll be willing to pay 50 bucks to get close to 10 Mbits a second with tweaking thru the speedguide patch, rwin, and modem firmware. Certainly worth it after the shitfest I had to deal with because of Hellrizon.

And tricia they will never bring it to 230 for regular service. They aren't that stupid.

- SLASH - 01-24-2002

Quote:And honestly I'll be willing to pay 50 bucks to get close to 10 Mbits a second...

If you were being honest , you would have said that you would talk your parents into paying 50$ /mo.

Quote:Covad will probably go down and the DSL situation will be probably just get worse.

And who brought that news to you first? Hmmm??

Quote:And tricia they will never bring it to 230 for regular service. They aren't that stupid.

Quote:but i read somewhere that if you have everything your bill could be as much as $230 a month soon.

She said EVERYTHING, NOT regular service. Regular Cable Modem is 44.95 /mo.

- Rape Fantasizer - 01-24-2002

My cable modem is $30 a month, do you guys know when it is supposed to be raised?

- Keyser Soze - 01-24-2002

I had @home here thru Comcast, Comcast moved us all over to their own service and I haven't had any downtime. They didn't touch our rates either. I guess i'm safe, for now at least.

If I have to go back to dialup I might give up the internet entirely.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Jan. 24 2002 at 11:12

- Kid A - 01-24-2002

Quote:If I have to go back to dialup I might give up the internet entirely.
Actually, I think that's easier said than done, but I agree.

As for cable raising the rates $10, who cares? It's still a hell of a lot cheaper than DSL (at comparable speed).

- Grumpy - 01-24-2002

crx girl Wrote:time warner's raising all their rates. don't remember where i saw it, but i read somewhere that if you have everything your bill could be as much as $230 a month soon. roadrunner is now $44.95 a month...
Trish, the $230 you're talking about is an overall price for a package they're planning on offering soon. It includes all of your connectivity for everything in the house. Phone, Cable, DSL.

The fucked up part is that if you forget to pay your bill, they shut everything off.......not just one part....

As for the 10 bucks, no big deal. You can't expect prices to stay the same forever. Somebody has to pay for the Time Warner executive perks (ass wiper in the men's room, splooge licker in the locker room, the Porshe's, the hot secretaries that can't type for shit but can swallow a gallon of splooge like they were doing a beer bong)....

- Keyser Soze - 01-24-2002

Grumpy Wrote:
Quote:time warner's raising all their rates. don't remember where i saw it, but i read somewhere that if you have everything your bill could be as much as $230 a month soon. roadrunner is now $44.95 a month...
Trish, the $230 you're talking about is an overall price for a package they're planning on offering soon. It includes all of your connectivity for everything in the house. Phone, Cable, DSL.

The fucked up part is that if you forget to pay your bill, they shut everything off.......not just one part....

As for the 10 bucks, no big deal. You can't expect prices to stay the same forever. Somebody has to pay for the Time Warner executive perks (ass wiper in the men's room, splooge licker in the locker room, the Porshe's, the hot secretaries that can't type for shit but can swallow a gallon of splooge like they were doing a beer bong)....
Fuck, is TW hiring?

- Bartman - 01-24-2002

My dad actually just talked to cable aparently my optimum online is not going up 10$...theres all kinds of weird shit based on when you signed up, what kind of contract you have, if you have to sign a new contract....my optonline is now 30$ a month and is staying that way....SWEET :roltflmao: :lol: :bouncer: :bouncer:

- crx girl - 01-25-2002

so, does everyone else pay only $30 a month? why am i paying $40 and where do i have to move to to get cheaper rates?

- Goatweed - 01-25-2002

I'm currently paying $60 a month, but that's bacause I have what is called "antenna service" from my cable company - meaning I have the basic channels. I would need to get something called standard plus or something which basically gives me A&E and USA, etc. Then I can get Roadrunner for $45.

The joke's on them though - I gladly cough up the $60 for cable net access, because I'm running 2 hotboxes in the apartment - so the extra $18 a month I'm paying for antenna service is getting me every damn channel they provide for pennies - including PPV's all day long. The more they raise rates, the more people will find a way around paying them.