CDIH
Dodgeball!!!!!!!!!!! - What were your rules? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Dodgeball!!!!!!!!!!! - What were your rules? (/showthread.php?tid=2372)

Pages: 1 2

- Galt - 06-29-2002

I got into a lengthy discussion with pretty much an entire population of a bar in Boston tonight only to find out that every single elementary school that played dodgeball had completely different rules

what were yours, and how fucking sweet was that game? Why it's not a pro sport just baffles me.

- GonzoStyle - 06-29-2002

Don't play with the kid who looks like opie mcveigh, he ain't right in the head his momma said.

- HedCold - 06-29-2002

most of the time i played it was just two teams and like one person threw at a time. if it hit someone they were out, but if the ball was caught the thrower was out

but once i played this weird ass way in 3rd grade where there were 10 balls or something and people just threw it like crazy, but the same rules above applied.

Quote:Don't play with the kid who looks like opie mcveigh, he ain't right in the head his momma said.
:lol::rofl::lol:

- Galt - 06-29-2002

I so hate the people on this board

Quote:I so hate the people on this board

[Image: valentine.jpg] :loveya:

- Galt - 06-29-2002

Fuck, I'm dreamy

Yummy lookin too, like warm taffy melting in my mouth. :lookatme:

- The Sleeper - 06-29-2002

There was Chinese dodgeball where if you got someone out, and then you got out, said person was back in the game. Then I played some version with a Jedi Knight who could revive you. My elementary school was really gay.

- Galt - 06-29-2002

I will get into the details later at a sober state, but....

essentially my rules had two distinguising characteristics.

1. There were three bowling pins that each team tried to knock over that signified the end of the game

2. If someone got hit they got sent to "jail" on the bleachers, and the only way to free them was to sink a basket from halfcourt.

Quote:My elementary school was really gay.

So are your shop clerks.

- The Sleeper - 06-29-2002

Quote:1. There were three bowling pins that each team tried to knock over that signified the end of the game

2. If someone got hit they got sent to "jail" on the bleachers, and the only way to free them was to sink a basket from halfcourt.
ummmm...Were you playing dodgeball or Calvinball??

- Sean Cold - 06-29-2002

Quote:1. There were three bowling pins that each team tried to knock over that signified the end of the game

2. If someone got hit they got sent to "jail" on the bleachers, and the only way to free them was to sink a basket from halfcourt

I am so not joking by saying that is the oddest fuckin game of dodge ball I ever heard of in my life. Why do they have to complicate such an easy, straightfpward game? The rules i played by are exactly like HedBrid's. Simple and to the point.

On a side note, who wants to bet that Gonzo was picked dead last every time in dodgeball?

Quote:On a side note, who wants to bet that Gonzo was picked dead last every time in dodgeball?

I just sat there and gave my turn to the skinny chinese kid when he was put out.

- fbd - 06-29-2002

2. If someone got hit they got sent to "jail" on the bleachers, and the only way to free them was to sink a basket from halfcourt
we played that, sometimes, except that to free, somebody from your team had to run to the jail and tag you out.

but usually, we played a regular game, 2 teams, a few balls, get hit without bounce your out, catch it, the person who threw it is out for good

- Ken'sPen - 06-30-2002

We played dodgeball in the gym two teams....
in texas every game was Alamo Style, whites vs. Mexicans,
we had no other minorities.
We played with as many volleyballs as the coach dug out.
he would line them up center court. Teams had to touch the wall,
he would blow the whistle and it was a mad dash for the balls.
you couldn't pass the free throw line of the opposing team.
get hit you're out. if the ball is caught the thrower is out. you could block a ball with the ball you are holding, but if you dropped your ball you were out.

I was a force in dodgeball.

- Hybrid - 06-30-2002

two teams, numberous balls. peg somebody, they're out. they catch it, you're out. simple and to the point. we also played the one with the pins sometimes, but that one isnt as fun. i remember playing a game called prison ball too, but i forget all the rules.

- Galt - 06-30-2002

OK, here's my rules.

Two teams at each end of the gym under the hoop; line up against the wall. Hands on the wall back to court. Whistle blows - mad dash for all the balls lined up on center court.

Same thing as Ken. Get hit from ball thrown before it bouces, jail; throw at someone and it's caught, jail.

Under no circumstances can you cross center court.

In order to get all of your teammates out of jail, you have to sink a basket from half court.

While all this is going in, each team had three pins line up on the baseline that the other team was trying to knock over (and if you accidentally knock over your own pin, it counts)

So at any given time, a team has to contend with people trying to:

1. Throw the ball and hit them
2. Throw the ball and hit their pins
3. Throw the ball and sink a basket, thus freeing everyone in jail from that team.

Much much strategy.

- Ken'sPen - 06-30-2002

Galt your way is for pussies!!!
half court???
how can you get a good nose bleed throwing from so far away....
and no jail...out means out....
the adrenneline rush of being one of the last people on your team,
pinned to the wall getting thrown at from all sides.....
THAT was dodge ball.

- Galt - 06-30-2002

Like we were going to risk having a bruised nose right before the cotillion or the big polo match.

- Maynard - 06-30-2002

We played many variations of this game. A little from everyone's rules.

I remember one time, in I think it was Jr. High, this huge black kid threw the ball, and I ducked, and it hit my fuckin hand and sprained my wrist. That sucked.