CDIH
Vic hugo was a dickhead - And other pc fun (another CP job) - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Vic hugo was a dickhead - And other pc fun (another CP job) (/showthread.php?tid=2383)

Pages: 1 2

- IkeaBoy - 06-30-2002

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

There's this thing known as the past and in the past people wrote stories and talked in ways that don't exactly "mix" with our current PC, 5 names for every thing, dialogue but it existed. But, gosh darn it, IT HAPPENED. And here comes another file in "fun with revisionist history" -- removing the "hunchback" from the title "hunchback of notre dame" to make people feel more comfortable. We really, really are going to hell when we start changing things in the past to our current sentiments.

And what bothers me the MOST are the final two paragraphs when this scoliosis CUNTRAG, this BITCH attempts to speak about how this change is good because the original would have hurt her feelings. As if Victor Hugo would really care what you think.

What other titles do you think might be changed as this precendent is set?

Quote:Political Correctness Rings Hunchback Death Knell
Fri Jun 28, 9:22 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - A British theater company has dropped the word hunchback from its stage adaptation of the classic novel "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" to avoid offending disabled people, newspapers reported Friday.

Oddsocks Productions has renamed its touring production "The Bellringer of Notre Dame" after discussions with a disability adviser raised the possibility of offending people with spina bifida or the disfiguring scoliosis of the spine.

"We have not changed the novel in any way, we simply felt changing the title would cause less offence of people," producer Elli Mackenzie was quoted as saying by the Daily Mirror.

French author Victor Hugo's classic 1831 novel, set in 15th century Paris around the cathedral of Notre Dame, tells the tragic story of a deformed bellringer Quasimodo and his love for a beautiful gypsy girl Esmeralda.

The novel has been translated into 20 languages and adapted several times for the stage and screen -- including a 1939 Hollywood film starring Charles Laughton and Maureen O'Hara.

The original title of the novel was "Notre Dame de Paris," but its name was changed when the book was translated into English and the hunchback has remained part of the title until now.

Libby Biberian of the Scoliosis Association told newspapers she was pleased at the change.

"I would be embarrassed and offended by the original title," she said.

- HedCold - 06-30-2002

isn't this another one of those stories where the deformed freak ends up being really cool and everyone likes him despite his appearance? so wouldn't changing the title defeat the purpose of the story?

- Arpikarhu - 06-30-2002

Quote:isn't this another one of those stories where the deformed freak ends up being really cool and everyone likes him despite his appearance?
sorry buddy, but no.

- HedCold - 06-30-2002

oh. very well then

- Arpikarhu - 06-30-2002

on a side note, fuck off and die already ikea. or at least include in the topic header that it is going to be another of one of your thousands of cut and paste jobs, so i know to avoid it.

- Galt - 06-30-2002

You know Arpi, this is why no one wants to be your friend.

You realize that already though, don't you?

That's why you so desperately seek attention. Poor emotionally stunted, little man.

- IkeaBoy - 06-30-2002

Quote:on a side note, fuck off and die already ikea. or at least include in the topic header that it is going to be another of one of your thousands of cut and paste jobs, so i know to avoid it.
I at least try to bring up interesting topics of national interest to discuss, not shit like "be my friend"

- HedCold - 06-30-2002

that was pretty harsh buddy

- Arpikarhu - 06-30-2002

Quote:You know Arpi, this is why no one wants to be your friend.

You realize that already though, don't you?

That's why you so desperately seek attention. Poor emotionally stunted, little man.
i guess the burning question would be, who the fuck asked you? your opinion is about as valuable to me as a case of herpes.

Quote:that was pretty harsh buddy
thanks for the backing "buddy"

Quote:(another CP job)
thats all i ask. thank you. i appreciate it.

Edited By Arpikarhu on June 30 2002 at 12:31

- HedCold - 06-30-2002

part of being a buddy is being able to respect your other buddy's opinions, even if they might differ.

and i like the word harsh. its fun to say. harssshhhhh

- Hybrid - 06-30-2002

galt is cool

- Arpikarhu - 06-30-2002

Quote:part of being a buddy is being able to respect your other buddy's opinions, even if they might differ.
part of being a buddy is also backing your bud in public and then talking about your differing opinion in private

- HedCold - 06-30-2002

hmmm, valid point there buddy :thumbs-up:

another non-alcoholic beverage? :toast:

- Hybrid - 06-30-2002

i hope you both die. in pain i might add.

- Arpikarhu - 06-30-2002

Quote:another non-alcoholic beverage?
that would be lovely :toast:

- Hybrid - 06-30-2002

death. bloody and horrible.

- NaughtyAngel - 06-30-2002

thats a long article

- Arpikarhu - 06-30-2002

hybrid is just bitter cause all he has is droopy -boobs for a friend while i have bud-for -life hedcold.:thumbs-up:

- NaughtyAngel - 06-30-2002

HEY FUCKER LEAVE MY FRIEND AND MY BOOBS ALONE!!!!!!!!!

- Hybrid - 06-30-2002

i'd rather have droopy boobs than stick fingers. and they arent droopy!

Edited By HyBriD on June 30 2002 at 12:54