CDIH
Techno-hatred - Controversial topic? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Techno-hatred - Controversial topic? (/showthread.php?tid=2507)

Pages: 1 2

- Spitfire - 07-09-2002

I don't think I've adapted/evolved enough to handle all of the latest technological advances. I don't like them. A few are neat, like cable modems, mp3 players, but they're really not essential, just reasons for people to throw away more money. For instance, DVD players in cars - whatever happened to just looking out the window? I guess my way of thinking is dying out...it probably isn't too popular around here, I know you guys love your gadgets...

Like, I fucking hate cell phones! Too many little kids running around with their own fucking cellphone!!! WTF is that? What is so important that a 15-year-old needs one? A friend of mine just bought one, and after stating she would use them only for emergencies, she preceded to talk to her friend in Connecticut for over an hour on the 4th of July, while there were 20 people over her house. Don't even get me started on the assholes who won't Hang the Fuck Up & Drive! Why do you have to be reachable 24/7? Cell phones and PDA's just make you think about work when you're not there.

I don't like scientific "breakthroughs" either - gene therapy, making people live longer, there's too many fucking people here already and too few natural resources. Or the fact that a parent can go to some countries and pre-determine the sex of their child...and don't get me started on cloning.

But if they made those food pellets in the Jetsons, that would be something else :-)

- Arpikarhu - 07-09-2002

mennonite!

- Spitfire - 07-09-2002

Nah! I ain't that bad...
I can't live without my stereo!

- The Sleeper - 07-09-2002

Quote:Like, I fucking hate cell phones! Too many little kids running around with their own fucking cellphone!!! WTF is that? What is so important that a 15-year-old needs one? A friend of mine just bought one, and after stating she would use them only for emergencies, she preceded to talk to her friend in Connecticut for over an hour on the 4th of July, while there were 20 people over her house. Don't even get me started on the assholes who won't Hang the Fuck Up & Drive! Why do you have to be reachable 24/7? Cell phones and PDA's just make you think about work when you're not there.
I completely agree. People seemingly can't survive without making phone calls every half-hour. It's pathetic.

- Arpikarhu - 07-09-2002

Quote:I can't live without my stereo!
do you ever find yourself in a hypnotic state state while staring at the shiny buttons and moving equalizer lights?

- Maynard - 07-09-2002

I too hate cell phone when abused. I got rid of my land line last year, and got a cell. It's really much more convienent. I don't make that many calls anyhow, so I'm not on every half hour. You can use technology to fit into your life and make it better, you don't have to let it control you life.

- Arpikarhu - 07-09-2002

i cant get enough of it. i buy every gadget i can get my hands on. i usually end up never using them for any practical purpose but i love them.

- Skitchr4u - 07-09-2002

that was funny arpi....

as for the cell phones spit...i use mine as my home phone...no phone line in the house...i pay a flat fee for all the calls i make or receive, and don't need to use pay phone or hotel phone ever again...

what good is a dvd player in my car? i don't sleep there, when can i use it?

- Arpikarhu - 07-09-2002

Quote:i don't sleep there, when can i use it?
ladi likes it because she can watch My Cousin Vinnie while getting pokerized in the back seat.

- Luna - 07-09-2002

I still cannot get used to the concept of a cell phone or even a cordless phone. I mostly use my cell phone when I am out on the street and am going to meet a friend or something in case someone gets lost especially if they are coming to the city and they have never been here before. I also make sure I take my cell phone when I take my dog out at night for walks for pure safety reasons. As far as just using it frivolously, I just can't get into it.

- Arpikarhu - 07-09-2002

speaking of which, what was that cell # again luna? i misplaced it.

- Luna - 07-09-2002

Oh...no problem, Arpi. ;-)
It's 917-0U812 :-D

- Arpikarhu - 07-09-2002

i think you typed it wrong. i keep getting a # not in service message.

- Maynard - 07-09-2002

It's 917-4284

- Arpikarhu - 07-09-2002

she hates maymay, she told me. there is no way you have her #

- Maynard - 07-09-2002

IF in fact I have her #, there's no way in hell I'd give it to anyone else. Thats just not right.

Unless of course, you're willing to pay.....

- Luna - 07-09-2002

Quote:Unless of course, you're willing to pay.....
Maymay...I can't believe you'd sell me out like that! Is nothing sacred between us? :-(

- Hey Ladi - 07-09-2002

Quote:ladi likes it because she can watch My Cousin Vinnie while getting pokerized in the back seat.
That was you in the bushes?

I don't like the self check out lanes. I want someone to do it all for me. Slow as they are, I prefer it that way.

I do like digital cable though. You can scroll thru the menu of shows, while watching something. You don't have to keep flipping & can go at your own pace. It seems like that preview channel is always at the complete opposite of whatever channel I'm looking for.

- Maynard - 07-09-2002

I'd never.

I was just gonna take his money and give him Ladi's #. :rofl:

- Hey Ladi - 07-09-2002

I'm getting around to getting a new one.
(Of course I've been saying that since January) :crackhead: