CDIH
CDIH MUSIC EXCHANGE - 1st post - list of who's swapping - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: CDIH MUSIC EXCHANGE - 1st post - list of who's swapping (/showthread.php?tid=2613)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- Spitfire - 07-18-2002

I'm going to take the recommendations thread one step farther. The idea is simple---You all have cd burners, right? And we all like getting new music...at least I do. So, what if we did a music swap?

It doesn't cost anything, but a few cd's, postage, and a padded envelope ---you'll get back what you put in.

Depending on how many people are interested, we can do either 2 or 3 mix cd's to exchange.

The only downside is that you'll have to give your address to the person sending you cd's, and I'm not sure how many of you feel about that. Personally I have no problem with it...and I'll make sure Ken doesn't get any of the females' addresses :-D

If you want to do this, sign up in this post. I'll randomly pair people up. You can pm me with your addy (later on when we have some of these details figured out). Do not sign up if you're going to flake out on this and not do it!

Would September 15 be a good date to have your mix disks in the mail? That's tons of time for all you lazy people (myself included)

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>[b]The Swap List</span>

<li>Sleeper - Gonzo & Keyser

<li>Sean - Kindred & Hybrid

<li>Spitfire - Luna & LZ & Sir O

<li>Maynard - Hedcold & Polly & Wormface

<li>Luna - Spitfire & Sleeper

<li>FN Moron - Hybrid & Keyser

<li>AF Dude - Hedcold & Maynard

<li>Arpi - Ken's Pen & Sleeper

<li>Kens Pen - Gonzo & AF Dude

<li>Kindred - FN Moron & CLS

<li>LZ - Maynard & Arpi

<li>Keyser - Ken & Luna

<li>Polly - Kindred & Arpi

<li>Hybrid - AF Dude & Sean

<li>CLS - FN Moron & Polly

<li>Hedcold - LZ & Sean

<li>Gonzo - Spitfire & CLS

<li>Sir O - Wormface & Spitfire

<li>Wormface - Maynard & Sir O

Edited By Spitfire on July 23 2002 at 10:30

- AFDude - 07-18-2002

Sounds good to me, but I do have to say that I won't be able to put something in the mail until after 12 September, since in a week a half I'll be going to Texas for 6 weeks...

- Ken'sPen - 07-18-2002

Quote:Personally I have no problem with it...and I'll make sure Ken doesn't get any of the females' addresses
Spit, you have no idea how extensive my files are....
this sounds like a good idea, though I have been waiting 4 months for a CD Arpi was going to burn for me.

- Arthur Dent - 07-18-2002

Web storage

At least some of these used to be free. Not sure anymore.
They are storage sites where you can upload files. Some of them also allowed you to grant access to other people with passwords.

Basicly, if someone finds a good one, they could request a song or album here, and someone who has it could upload it to the storage site for that person to download. Just have to remove it afeter everybody who wants it downloads it to make room for the next batch of songs.

At least with this, there'd be no need to give out your address.

- Keyser Soze - 07-18-2002

AIM me anytime and i'll exchange music with you.

- Spitfire - 07-18-2002

:disappointed:
I don't know, it's nice to get cd's in the mail! Songs that people picked for you that you may enjoy...
I'm doing another online exchange with people I don't even know...

You'll only have to give your addy to me and the person you're swapping with-- it's not like anyone's gonna stalk you by mail...
<font color=white>

Edited By Spitfire on July 18 2002 at 10:26

- Sean Cold - 07-18-2002

Quote:it's not like anyone's gonna stalk you by mail...

Way to go Spit, just alienate Lent right of that bat. Sheesh.

Like Keyser, I swap a whole shitload of Mp3's through Aim, it's like my own little direct connect without the hassle of a bunch of low life sweedes.

I can appreciate the tactile fetish of physically receiving a mix tape (or CD in this case) in the mail. Its a very cool thing. However I am spoiled by the immediacy of the internet. I'll mix you up a folder of MP3s if you like! Smile

I'm in for your snail mail exchange as well.

- virgingrrl - 07-18-2002

i would so love to do this. but i is teh sacreded one. fuck.Undecided

- Spitfire - 07-18-2002

thanks for the support Undecided

I guess I'm old-fashioned from old the tape-sharing days....
Most of my music isn't on my hard drives.

I like making mix cd's for my friends...it takes a little more effort than just dl'ing stuff off someone's computer. Never mind, if anyone just wants to exchange cd's with me, just PM me.

- virgingrrl - 07-18-2002

Quote:thanks for the support

I guess I'm old-fashioned from old the tape-sharing days....
Most of my music isn't on my hard drives.

I like making mix cd's for my friends...it takes a little more effort than just dl'ing stuff off someone's computer. Never mind, if anyone just wants to exchange cd's with me, just PM me.

oh no spit! i fully support what you are saying, it is a great idea. i too love to make cd's for my friends, im teh bestest at it, and would love getting them in return. bah. i still :loveya:, don't get discouraged.

- Ken'sPen - 07-18-2002

I am here for you Spit,
my burner is on my sound system not my computer,
so I have do do it the old fashioned way as well...........
we'll talk.;-)

- Sean Cold - 07-18-2002

Quote:thanks for the support

Jeez, spit, don't get all pissy, i thought that was my gig.

I didn't say I wouldn't do it, sheeeeesh.

- Maynard - 07-18-2002

I'm in. :thumbs-up:

- Sean Cold - 07-18-2002

Quote:I'm in:thumbs-up:

Duh, that was a given.

- Maynard - 07-18-2002

The only thing about this is, I don't really want to get a mix cd of all Emo bands. Undecided

I love to hear new stuff, but I've already checked out alot of different Emo from all the discussion here, and I don't care much for most of it. But...I guess that will be the luck of the draw.

I already have some ideas for my mix! :thumbs-up:

- AFDude - 07-18-2002

Quote:I don't want any emo stuff

Well I guess CLS is out then Rolleyes

I'll do it, and like I told Spit earlier, I'll be taping the QOTSA show tomorrow night so I can finally see this band everyone talks about. I need to hear some new music, anyways...

- Maynard - 07-18-2002

Nah, I don't mind SOME emo on there, but I can just see the emo lovers trying to convert everyone with this disk.

- SLASH - 07-18-2002

Give out my address? Sure, why the hell not?

Actually, it sounds like a relly good idea... breaking 2 federal laws at the same time ROCKS!

Pirating music and using the U.S.P.S. Maybe I am just paranoid, but, as it is, I don't have the best of luck.

I'd rather just make a bunch of cds and exhange them with everyone in person. How does that sound?

narc