CDIH
Read me!11! - For a good laugh at my expense... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Read me!11! - For a good laugh at my expense... (/showthread.php?tid=2676)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- virgingrrl - 07-22-2002

i have made the decision to post this here, because i for one do not believe in hiding things from people, so i have decided to share this will all of you.
i have done my best as being a moderator of oa.com...but today i was informed that my best is just not good enough. today i join the ranks of the good old members that i miss greatly, Dan, Spit, Gonzo, Sean, Seph, Maynard, Sluggo, Kid,and many many more. they made this place what it was. to all the old good ones, and the few new good ones. you'll see me around here, once in while. its been real.

to whom it may concern:

as all of you know by now, i have been asked to step down from being a moderator
its seems since i refuse to post the same old monotonous posts in thread after thread, i am no longer mod worthy.

i have been nothing but loyal to this place since i joined way back on October 2, 2000. all i have done for this place is now null and void.

i would be lying if i said that i wasn't upset by this decision our lovely king shit has come too. i am hurt. i have done nothing wrong. and this is the thanks i get.

Froy- im sorry i don't know code and can help make changes to the site. i am sorry that im not a post whore and i don't start silly topics everyday so that my name is predominately displayed everyday. im sorry that you feel that i am worthless and have nothing to contribute what so ever to this place. i have never said a bad word about you till now. why? because i was stupid enough to have respect for you. that respect no longer exists. as sad as i am at this moment, i will NEVER be as sad of human being as you. that is what i have learned about you today. as much as you say how deep and experienced you are, you are truly a sad sad little boy, who has a hell of a lot to learn about the world and how to treat and deal with people. you may laugh this off because i am a mere two years older then you, but those two years speak volumes of how much of a better person i am then you. the only thing i have to thank you for it is giving me the opportunity to make some amazing friends. and that's all i have to thank you for. like i have said, i have lost all respect for you, you have hurt me greatly. and i just want you to know that. i hope you enjoy all the misery that you live in and continue to create. oh and congrats...you've just run another member off the board.

Slash- i adore the friendship that we have. i know we will continue to be bestest friends, because our friendship has gone above and beyond the board. thank you for being my friend and always listening to me.

Face- you have been a man that i have respected since i have been here. you have always helped me on and off the board. our friendship is also more then oa.com, and i hope it stays that way.

MoMo- yet another friendship that i value with all my heart...thank you for everything.

Magnus- even though we have hardly even talked, i have always respected and cared about you. being one of the last original members of this place, thank you for always making this place enjoyable for me. you know where to find me if you ever need me.

Moosen- you may possibly be the only one of the people who have become mods that i have instantly respected, and that is because you have always been nothing but honest with me. thank you so much for that. i will miss you, but you can always talk to me whenever you want to.

Ftl- thank you for making me laugh all the times you have. thank you for all the hard work you have done for this place to make it much more enjoyable. you will be missed.

joey- we will always have cvs and the underpass my neighbor.

and last and certainly least,
Buttmunch: i know you have been wishing for this day for a long time. well, your wish had finally been granted. ENJOY!11!

and finally to Barch- well now this is awkward...what exactly does one say to their replacement? have a great time filling my shoes...froy has made it quite obvious that that will be an easy task. just do yourself a favor...watch your back, they can turn on you in an instant.

with all that said and done...i bid you all farewell.

- Luna - 07-22-2002

Ohhhhh...I am so sorry, Vg. :disappointed:

- Jack - 07-22-2002

As much of an Ass as I usually am, I have nothing assinine to say. I am completely speechless.

I have been somewhat blind to the things happening over there and have ignored a lot of things, but to ask someone who has done nothing wrong to step down is just wrong.

We don't know eachother but if you want to talk, IM me at OAJackMeehoff . . . Maybe I should change that screen name though to rid myself of the OA.

- Kid Afrika - 07-22-2002

only froy would be stupid enough to voluntarily lose the treasure that is VG.

fuck him where he eats!

- fbd - 07-22-2002

holy shit...i cant think of much else to say

you're only leaving oa, right?we didnt replace you...

- Silera - 07-22-2002

I no laughing.

:disappointed:

- Luna - 07-22-2002

Quote:fuck him where he eats!
I concur.

- Galt - 07-22-2002

Anthony's ass?

- criticslovesnatch - 07-22-2002

yeah, what he said.

UGH!!! I am soooo angry. I emplore the remaining members of oa.com that post here to make your voices heard. the little bastard has crossed the line, and I want to see retribution.

VG may not post there as often as she once did, but she was still a pillar of the board. One of the original mods as far as I know. ...and froy wonders why his board is shit.

Step up, mo'fuckers, show your support for VG. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY fucks with teh VG.

- Luna - 07-22-2002

What do you suggest, Cap'n Africa? I'm game. :thumbs-up:

- fbd - 07-22-2002

kid, nothing can be done.as much as vg was a pillar of society, anything said will have nothing, because then his royal highness would have to admit he was wrong, and he didnt even do that when ant got rid of gonzo and galt.he's made a choice, and as wrong as it was, it is now as much law as if god gave him a stone tablet

- Jack - 07-22-2002

I somehow get the feeling that this is just the start. And also that her demodding had something to do with her being a member who posts constantly at this site. For those other Moderators that post consistently here, I would watch your backs.

- Gooch - 07-22-2002

i hate to bring this alternative view...but get a fuckin grip. it's a message board, not the democrats on the freakin hill. i had my say to both parties...and made my thoughts known. and, i do think he made a mistake. (one of many). but if you want a freakin protest, go do it on something that matters. Twinkie prices are sky high right now. Hostess needs a talkin to.

humor aside, it was a shitty thing, and one day he'll realize he made a mistake. VG deserved better. Hopefully, she'll put time into something that rewards her better than oa.com ever did.

those are my thoughts on the subject.

- Luna - 07-22-2002

Quote:I somehow get the feeling that this is just the start. And also that her demodding had something to do with her being a member who posts constantly at this site. For those other Moderators that post consistently here, I would watch your backs.
If that is the case, it is quite lame. VG never came here and bad-mouthed oa.com.

- Gooch - 07-22-2002

i don't think that had to do with it. fez is gone too.

To me, the only choice is to discontinue posting on oa.com. Now, I can't imagine that to be much of a problem for most of you. Have you seen the threads there lately?

If I had the opportunity, I would make a final post in VG's thread stating how I felt about froy "firing" VG. I would also let him know that his doing so is just further proof that the 'king' has no idea what goes on among his "flock".

Of course, I have been deleted and denied re-joining that board, so it's not an option for me. I'm just saying, that his demodding VG is fucking herendous and shouldn't go without him feeling an impact from doing so.

- Ken'sPen - 07-22-2002

kid I am leaving for a couple hours but I will post a message for you if you'd like.

- Gooch - 07-22-2002

i think it's pointless. i think it's the best thing for VG to not be a mod. i never regretted de-modding there. one does not need a mod moniker to be a presence on a board. the whole thing is highly overrated. VG is pissed, and rightly so. but, i think she will come to terms that modding really wasn't all that...and if people were looking to hear "good job" by Froy, they are sorrifully mistaken.

moderating a messageboard is a thankless task, and the only ones who really have a grip on what that means are people like Gonzo, Slash, Sean, Faceman, VG, Buttmunch, magoo, Howie, etc. I'm sure alot who mod here feel the same. Froy never invested himself like some others did. Once he got turned off the the novel idea of the oa board, it was a slow decline. and i do't blame him for that...he's a kid and he's the owner...it's his choice.

Edited By Gooch on July 22 2002 at 7:55

- Kid Afrika - 07-23-2002

gooch, VG was the last of a dying breed in my opinion. The last of the people that actually gave a shit about that board. And just like so many before her, she was driven off by a stupid decision made by froy.

The only reasons I even give a shit are:

1. I once loved posting on that board, before froy fucked the whole thing up with bad decisions and over-involving himself.

2. VG is a good person, and this has hurt her.

I know that people will say that there is some merit to what froy says about her inactivity. But, I would reply that there was no reason to demod her. There are plenty of reasons to keep her, her being a major part of the history is one of them. Of course, we all know that froy doesn't give a shit about the history of the board... but that's why I always fought him on everything. He makes piss poor decisions concerning a board that he doesn't really own.

Not for nothing, but the fact that this board is still here, and there is voting here, and everyone has a say in the shit that goes down here is a testament(sp?) to the fact that we, as a group of board members, are what makes a message board work. Not the owner. Although, Sean does a great job of running the site, he also doesn't force his own views on what happens here.

(ken, you can copy and paste this post on oa.com, unless someone here has a problem with it)

Edited By Kid Afrika on July 22 2002 at 8:01