CDIH
Is the end near for Fluery? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Is the end near for Fluery? (/showthread.php?tid=269)

- Sean Cold - 01-26-2002

Quote:Fleury fined $1,000 for gesture after game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- New York Rangers forward Theo Fleury was fined $1,000 by the NHL on Wednesday, one day after making an obscene gesture to fans at the conclusion of a 5-4 road victory over the New York Islanders.

"Mr. Fleury's gesture lacked professionalism," said Colin Campbell, the NHL's disciplinarian. "He has been advised that any similar incident in the future will be dealt with more strictly and he will be considered a repeat offender."

Fleury was taunted by fans, some of whom made reference to his battles with substance abuse, and responded by crossing his arms in an obscene gesture at those fans after the victory.

The action was caught on television, leading to the league reprimand.

Before Wednesday's home game against Boston, Fleury said he doesn't mind when fans boo, but says he has a hard time controlling himself when they "get personal."

"It crosses a line," he said. "But this is just another thing I have to deal with that I brought upon myself."

During his conversation with Campbell on Wednesday morning, Fleury said he asked for better security at games.

"Those people have to be a little bit more aware of what is going on," Fleury said.

Fleury has gone six games without an in-game penalty after racking up 42 penalty minutes on a recent six-game road trip.

He said then that he was battling "personal issues" -- unrelated to substance abuse -- that were a distraction, but promised his teammates he would contain himself during games.

It is just looking like the end may be near for Fluery's tenure as a Ranger. Recently, quite a few trade rumors have sprung up about shipping Theo to a contender for a first round pick and a role player. I like the energy the guy displays but at this point, it is he who is a distraction, not just his personal issues he has. I am in awe how the Rangers get one of their biggest wins of the season and it has to be over shadowed by this shmucks Tyson esque behavior. :disaprove:

- Francine Banger - 01-26-2002

He gave the Islander fans the finger, He didnt go into the stands and bite their feet. I think worse has been done, no need to get all crazy.

Fleury has been fine lately, he hasnt taken a penatly in 7 games and he as well as the whole team has gotten back their scoring touch.

Fleury is not going anywhere, so dont worry about that.

- onehung - 01-27-2002

fluery is nothing more than a fucking cunt on skates. Somebody should've punched his face in the night he was making the chicken jestures.
And francine, don't give me that I'd love him on my team shit, If I wanted to watch 12 year olds playing hockey I'd go to a bantamn game

- Maximus - 01-27-2002

Well I'll repeat what many people have said time and time again, hes a fucking nut case. But even though he is a Ranger, I will credit some of his crazyness to his love of the game of hockey. One of these days though, it's gonna hurt his career. :burnfucker:

- Francine Banger - 01-27-2002

Fleury must be a really good 12 year old, to have played in the NHL all this time, and have twelve 20 goal seasons.

If you dont like him, fine. Im sure he doesnt care, I know I dont care, nor should anybody associated with the Rangers care.

As long as he's performing on the ice and scoring goals, hes fine with me.

- Sean Cold - 01-27-2002

Some times you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

I am forced to agree. As long as he can keep his shit in check and contributes in the "W" colum, I could care less. I just hope he can keep himself out of the straight jacket.

- Francine Banger - 01-27-2002

Lets examine Fleury's 3 years with the Rangers.

1st year- No off the ice problems
2nd year- Goes into Substance Abuse Program
3rd Year- Family Problems, going crazy on the ice, Giving Gestures.

Which year of the 3 did I have a big Problem with Theo Fleury?

Year #1. Why? Because he scored 15 Goals.

Theo Fleury will be alright as will the Rangers.

- Cluster F - 01-28-2002

Theo Fleury is an all-star caliber player that benefits the Rangers in every facet of the game. Also, he gives them some personality. Hes fine, let him light up a stokie and drink some booze. Hes all good in my book.

- LZMF1 - 02-15-2002

i hate the little bastard, but i do give him credit. :fuggin: :fuggin: :fuggin: :fuggin: