CDIH
Looks - Just How Important Are They? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Looks - Just How Important Are They? (/showthread.php?tid=285)

Pages: 1 2

- PollyannaFlower46 - 01-27-2002

Not counting one night stands and totally physical relationships, how important are looks in a significant other? Can you look past figure flaws, etc. due to a personality or do they need to be the absolute total package in your eyes? Also how big of an influence does your friend's opinions play? Just curious....

- Rape Fantasizer - 01-27-2002

Friend's opinions mean absolutely nothing. As far as looks go, they are important, but there isn't a "type" that I go for, so there are tons of things that make me find a guy attractive. But if I am attracted to someone's personality, it tends to make them better looking in my eyes.

- IkeaBoy - 01-27-2002

Looks are very important for a first meeting. Especially the face. Sure you can look past flaws for a relationship but you can't be a total slob/pig if you want to get for a second meeting

Looks are important for me, but I tend find strange things cute so the more into someone I am personality wise, the cuter I find them. I will find myself falling for the way someone's eye will twinkle when they laugh and totally over look the fact that they have messed up teeth or something... As for my friend's I used to care what they said...but not anymore...

- Sean Cold - 01-27-2002

Looks are what get you hooked in the first place. You don't see a personality from down the hall. But, Eye candy can only carry shit so far. I need fries and an apple pie with the shake at this point. Ive had my fair share of all kinds, hotties, slobs, douche bags, whores and it all comes down to one important thing: Can you stand to talk to them afterwards. Can they keep your intrest perked at all times. That is the key. Mentaly stimulated is my goal now, but, it just hasnt worked out to well yet.

Sean Cold Wrote:Looks are what get you hooked in the first place.
That's true when you meet someone new...but its not always true when you end up falling for one of your friends....a guy I dated a few years back was a really close friend of mine and UGLY as hell (to this day I wonder what the hell I was thinking) and somehow I found him attractive for a few months until the roofies wore off....

- JAYMOHRBUDDY - 01-27-2002

As long as she doesnt look obese...then its fine wit me.

- Arpikarhu - 01-27-2002

I believe that everyone is beautiful on the inside. If you just take the time to get to know someone you will find out that there is a garden inside them waiting to blossom. peace be with you.

- Ants in My Pants - 01-27-2002

Arpikarhu Wrote:I believe that everyone is beautiful on the inside. If you just take the time to get to know someone you will find out that there is a garden inside them waiting to blossom.
Yes, kind of like the acorn that becomes the mighty oak, right Arpi?

As important as a good personality is, looks are usually the first thing that is noticed, so unfortunately the good-looking assholes will get approached a lot more than the average-looking or below average-looking nice person. It sucks, but that's the way it usually happens. But hey, I'm a fucking mess and I still found someone, so there is indeed hope for everyone.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 01-27-2002

Sean hit it right on the mark. Looks are important when you go for the first move but when you can't talk to this person you just want to have sex with them with their mouths shut so you don't have to hear them.

- Bartman - 01-27-2002

I agree with Am and Sean they said it all for me

- SLASH - 01-28-2002

Not totally on topic, but very well related and definitely noteworthy -

A man will get involved with a woman for who and what she is in hopes that she never changes, whereas a woman will get involved with a man with the level of potential she sees that she can change him.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 01-28-2002

Thats not true...not all women are looking to change the people that they're with....some (not all) women fall for the person that is presented to them and wouldn't change them for the world regardless of all the strange things they may do.

- SLASH - 01-28-2002

PollyannaFlower46 Wrote:Thats not true...not all women are looking to change the people that they're with....some (not all) women fall for the person that is presented to them and wouldn't change them for the world regardless of all the strange things they may do.
coughcoughbullshitcoughcough

SLASH Wrote:coughcoughbullshitcoughcough
I said NOT ALL girls...maybe I'm only speaking for myself then...I know I personally have NEVER gone into a relationship hoping to change anything about someone...I have left relationships for things about a person I was unaware of until later on though....

- SLASH - 01-28-2002

Quote:I said NOT ALL girls...maybe I'm only speaking for myself then...I know I personally have NEVER gone into a relationship hoping to change anything about someone...I have left relationships for things about a person I was unaware of until later on though....

If that is true, then it's settled... you are NOT a girl.

SLASH Wrote:If that is true, then it's settled... you are NOT a girl.
:moonie: Maybe I'm just a rare breed...of course I could just have a penis....but if I did I think I would spend more time playing with it and less on the computer....

- SLASH - 01-28-2002

Quote:Maybe I'm just a rare breed...of course I could just have a penis....but if I did I think I would spend more time playing with it and less on the computer....

Sorry, but you are NOT a unique snowflake, Magus has a lock on that position.

- WhipThisFez - 01-28-2002

It comes down to the simple question:

Would you rather have a smokin hot girl with no personality, or a butt ugly girl with great personality.

Depending on my age: Young, hot girl, older (40ish 50ish) ugly girl.

- Sluggo - 01-28-2002

Slash...You are so right...
Deny it all you want ladies...
You find the "Perfect Man"...
And then spend the rest of your days trying to change him.