CDIH
Nero burning software - What am i doing wrong? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Nero burning software - What am i doing wrong? (/showthread.php?tid=2894)

- Danked - 07-31-2002

I just got it this morning and I'm trying to copy a live show where most of the tracks segue into the next. However, no matter what I do or change, it inserts a second long gap between the tracks. On my last program which came along with my ancient Sony Spressa drive, all I had to do was do "disc-at-once" and I didn't have a problem. What am I overlooking?

- Kid Afrika - 07-31-2002

...the fact that Nero sucks ass?

You can do what you are trying in EZCD Creator. Sorry though, can't help you with Nero.

- Buttmunch - 07-31-2002

Silly me.

I thought this was a new gaming system.

I misread it as NeGro burning software.

- SYNTuesday - 07-31-2002

Lemme open Nero and see if i can find something... OK, found a help topic...
Quote:Against the often expressed opinion many (but not all) CD recorders are able to burn audio tracks without the 2 seconds gap between the tracks. It's also untrue, that “disc at once" burning means, that a gap of zero seconds is written. The “disc at once" burn method just gives you the freedom to choose a gap length of your choice. Generally it's best to burn audio CDs using the “disc at once" method.

To modify the gap between audio tracks just double click a track in a Nero audio compilation. A dialog will pop up, which allows you to enter a pause length of your choice. If you would like to change gaps of several tracks, then select these tracks and choose the menu command Edit->Properties and enter the desired gap length. Note please, that the gap before the first track must be between 2 and 3 seconds with respect to the rainbow book definitions. It wouldn't make much sense to change this gap anyway, because nobody would be able to hear the difference.

Once you entered the gaps of your choice click on burn and leave the “disc at once" option checked (if your recorder supports DAO). If your recorder doesn't support DAO or variable gaps in TAO, then you will see a warning, telling you, that some of your gap settings couldn't be applied. In this case your recorder is unable to write the CD, that you want. The only thing you can do in this case is to carefully select your next CD recorder and make sure, that it's capable of DAO writing. Sorry.
Hope that helps sensei.

- Danked - 07-31-2002

I scrolled through the Help menu this morning, but I had to head out to work.I'm pretty sure it was set at 0, but I'll try it again. Thanks.

- Danked - 08-01-2002

Thanks, SYNT... I think the hacked program I got was a little buggy. I had to reinstall it and it's working now. I appreciate it.

- Danked - 08-01-2002

Nope! FUCK! Just tried playing it and it's still there. It's only a split second, but you notice it when one song is supposed to jam into another one.

I'm gonna give it a go with LZ's program if I can track down a copy.