CDIH
Satan - not so bad - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Satan - not so bad (/showthread.php?tid=3034)

Pages: 1 2 3

- AdolescentMasturbator - 08-06-2002

Ok I'm actually being serious about this so bear with me.

Most of us have been led to believe that Satan, or Lucifer or whatever you want to call him is the personification of evil. But if you actually read the Bible or the Koran or whatever you can interpret it another way.

God forgives rapists in some interpretations just because they believe in the light of Jesus Christ. But satan on the other hand punishes those who have done evil. Satan convinced Adam and Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge when God forbidded it. Now if we examine that God wanted to keep the first humans ignorant while Satan wanted to enlighten the human race. When God put humans above angels Satan rebelled because he saw this as an injustice. Now Satan can be seen as a fighter for equal rights. But doing this he defied the absolute dictatorship of God. And in a time of absolute monarchs someone like this could not be tolerated.

I say that Satan is unfairly characterized as evil but he has been a crusader for liberty and justice.

Edited By AdolescentMasturbator on Aug. 06 2002 at 3:45

- Maynard - 08-06-2002

Sleeper.....comment? :rofl:

Woah maynard uses two words to reply.

- Maynard - 08-06-2002

2 words AND a smilie.

I don't think people think Satan is evil. It's what he stands for that people hate. He stands for sin and evil. Think of it like an executioner. He's not a bad guy, he's just doing a job that needs to be done. It just happens to be a job that people look at as evil.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 08-06-2002

I did a paper on Satanism freshman year of college all on how the religion was bastardized by the Church because they feared what they couldn't understand. I was actually pretty amazed at how tame the actual religion is.

As for Satan, he's not real, just like god, he was created to keep people in check.

- Arthur Dent - 08-06-2002

I prefer the "Prophecy" interpretation. Lucifer was pissed that God cared more for a bunch of hairless monkeys than the angels, so he rebelled.

- Jack - 08-06-2002

Its all a figment of your imagination.

- Arpikarhu - 08-06-2002

when sleeper sees this he is gonna blow a load!!

I think that people interested in keeping power made Satan a rebel, and a doubter, and a questioner so that they could demonzie the concept of Satan and therefore demonize the concepts that he stands for.

BTW-I am talking about Satan the concept. Not satan as a real entity for those of you who may misinterpret that.

Edited By AdolescentMasturbator on Aug. 06 2002 at 3:51

- Corpsegrinder13 - 08-06-2002

I think people have misinterpereted the entire purpose of Satan. Basically he is the punisher of wrong do'ers. People think that he is the epitome of evil. He is a fallen Angel, once a servant of God. I on the other hand think that there is nothing wrong with him. Just because he is supposedley the lord of the firey pits of Hell. There are people on this earth that stand for more sin and more evil on a daily basis, are they gonna take his job? If God can forgive everyone and he is so just and great, why didn't he forgive this fallen angel? I just think it's crazy that all these church going god nuts can tell you that if you don't accept the faith of their lord Jesus Christ you will be doomed to burn in Hell. Are Atheists doomed to burn in Hell even though they don't believe in it?:burnfucker:

In Greek mythology, Hadese was the guardian of both the Elythian Fields (Heaven) and the underworld (Hell).

I think the idea of Satan torturing you for all eternity is just religion using the carrot and stick to force you into following their religion. The carrot is the reward of heaven for doing good. The stick is Hell for doing bad.

- Buttmunch - 08-06-2002

Wow, Corpse used "epitome" very nicely in his response.

Hell also fulfills the need to feel that there is absolute justice, even if it is after death. How else could some people deal with murderers and rapists never being caught or punished in this life?

- HedCold - 08-06-2002

Quote:If God can forgive everyone and he is so just and great, why didn't he forgive this fallen angel?
God's forgiveness comes when you admit you were wrong, satan never would.

I hate to be pulling a Gooch here but I think Mikhail Bakunin said it best when he said.

Quote:But here steps in Satan, the eternal rebel, the first free-thinker and emancipator of worlds. He makes man ashamed of his bestial ignorance and obedience; he emancipates him, stamps upon his brow the seal of liberty and humanity, in urging him to disobey and eat of the fruit of knowledge.

- Arpikarhu - 08-06-2002

hades was the guardian of the elysian fields and the underworld but was not allowed to enter the elysian fields himself

- PollyannaFlower46 - 08-06-2002

God and Satan are both used to control your actions. God rewards, and Satan punishes. Religion uses fear to keep people in line, its as simple as that. Fear of "burning in Hell" keeps people from acting on their urges...this works especially well with sexual urges.

- Arpikarhu - 08-06-2002

Quote:Fear of "burning in Hell" keeps people from acting on their urges...this works especially well with sexual urges.
maybe in your house

- Baker - 08-06-2002

Could it be posible that Satan is God's Sato masikistical side and that they are the same person?