CDIH
So you can't hum a tune on a message board - And you only know 1 or 2 lines of lyrics - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: So you can't hum a tune on a message board - And you only know 1 or 2 lines of lyrics (/showthread.php?tid=317)

- Lord Magus - 01-29-2002

And you're not sure about the artist..
But maybe somebody else here can ID the song based on those lyrics alone.. and that damn tune has been nagging at the back of your head for a few weeks now.. and you just want to download it to get it to leave you alone?

So I figured, well.. I'M having that problem.. and maybe somebody here could help me out.. and maybe I'm not the only one who has that problem, be it movie, music, or TV show...
So I thought "Let's try this and see if it works"
Post what you know or can recall about whatever it is you're trying to ID, and maybe someone here can answer that nagging question for you, or add more information to your search as their memory is jogged..

Here's mine..
I've had this tune stuck in my head for the past 3 weeks, but I can't ID it... I know it's like an early 80's/70's rock song, would probably fall into classic rock category... and the last verse of the chorus is "twenty five two six two four" and the singer jumps that "four" up two notes before the song falls back into it's primary rythm.
Any body able to help me out on this one?
Post your own too!!

- SLASH - 01-29-2002

I am having a tough time with this Magus. How 'bout ya sing it into the voice recorder of your computer > save it as a .wav. > put it up on your hosting site. This way we can all d/l it and see if we can all try and help ya out?<font color=white>Please please please bite</font>

- Sephiroth - 01-29-2002

SLASH Wrote:I am having a tough time with this Magus. How 'bout ya sing it into the voice recorder of your computer > save it as a .wav. > put it up on your hosting site. This way we can all d/l it and see if we can all try and help ya out?<font color=white>Please please please bite</font>
SECONDED!

- Spitfire - 01-29-2002

Yeah, I think I may know the song you're talking about...but just to make sure, I'll third that motion

A: I'm not that Stupid
B: I don't have a microphone to hum it into
C: I'm not that stupid

- Sephiroth - 01-29-2002

DONT BELIEVE HIS LIES

- Spitfire - 01-29-2002

Fine, ruin our fun then...

Is it Chicago? 25 or 6 to 4?

Waiting for the break of day
Searching for something to say
Flashing lights against the sky
Giving up I close my eyes
Sitting cross-legged on the floor
Twenty-five or six to four

Staring blindly into space
Getting up to splash my face
Wanting just to stay awake
Wond'ring how much I can take
Should I try to do some more

(solo)

Feeling like I ought to sleep
Spinning room is sinking deep
Searching for something to say
Waiting for the break of day

- Skitchr4u - 01-29-2002

magus, you forgot D. All of the above

THANK YOU SPIT!! Is that the title? and do you know the album??
You are a godsend!!

- Maynard - 01-29-2002

It's 25 or 6 to 4, by Chicago. Great tune. I recommend getting their First Greatest hits album Chicago Greatest Hits. Amazing album. It has 25 or 6 to 4, Colour My World, Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is, Saturday In The Park, and many more. It's a great album.

Dammit..
I have a Chicago greatest hits but it's not on there.. ARGH!!

- Maynard - 01-29-2002

Lord Magus Wrote:Dammit..
I have a Chicago greatest hits but it's not on there.. ARGH!!
Do you have the grey one? That too is a great album, but IMHO the first one is better. Pick it up. It's worth the $13.

- SLASH - 01-29-2002

Quote:B: I don't have a microphone to hum it into

I will offer up my microphone if ya want... B===D

And spit, I knew the song, I just wanted to reveal...

Quote:I am having a tough time with this Magus. How 'bout ya sing it into the voice recorder of your computer > save it as a .wav. > put it up on your hosting site. This way we can all d/l it and see if we can all try and help ya out?Please please please bite

...after he did it. But ya roond it :moonie:

- Sluggo - 01-29-2002

I've been trying to figure one out too...
It kinda goes like this...
Hmmm, Hmmm, Laaaaa-deeeeee-dummm, Hmmmm, YEAH!
Any ideas?

The one I have has Stay the Night, Hard Habit to break, etc... it's like 79-84 I think

- Maynard - 01-29-2002

Lord Magus Wrote:The one I have has Stay the Night, Hard Habit to break, etc... it's like 79-84 I think
You have GH2.

Is it "Rump Shaker" Sluggo?

- GonzoStyle - 01-29-2002

It's a rap song I know and it goes "mm yeah uh huh, uh huh, yeah nigga, come on now, yeah, yeah." And it has a strong bass line in the back and it includes the words cash, nigga, ho's, bitches, cheese in the song.

- Maynard - 01-29-2002

GonzoStyle Wrote:It's a rap song I know and it goes "mm yeah uh huh, uh huh, yeah nigga, come on now, yeah, yeah." And it has a strong bass line in the back and it includes the words cash, nigga, ho's, bitches, cheese in the song.
Is it "Rump Shaker" Gonzo?

- GonzoStyle - 01-29-2002

No Maynard I don't wanna zooma zoom zoom in your boom boom.