CDIH
Bad chick flicks - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bad chick flicks (/showthread.php?tid=3386)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Maynard - 09-03-2002

God Damn! Watched one of the slowest, most boring fuck movies last night.

The female got to pick the movie, so we ended up watching "Riding In Cars With Boys". It was an ok story I guess, but it was horribly slow!!! Good character development, and decent acting. But...zzzzzzzz.....

If your woman EVER suggests this movie, RUN!!!!

- Keyser Soze - 09-03-2002

Bad chick flicks is almost an oxymoron.

I can tell you one good chick flick is When Harry Met Sally.

- Maynard - 09-03-2002

Any flick with Meg Ryan is a good movie. City of Angels is my favorite chick flick ever.

- Sean Cold - 09-03-2002

Quote:The female got to pick the movie

Arpi's turn to pitch?

I avoid "chick flicks" at all cost. I don't force them to watch the shit I do so i don't want to be tortured watching some lame ass shit like Hysterical Blindness.

- Keyser Soze - 09-03-2002

Hysterical Blindness was actually really funny because of the 80's white trash theme.

- Sean Cold - 09-03-2002

You are really starting to scare me.

- GonzoStyle - 09-03-2002

I watch, queer as folk, with my mom.

- Doc - 09-03-2002

I got tricked into watching "Coyote Ugly" by my chick. I thought it was all about hot chicks being bartenders, turns out it's about one dumb broad who is too scared to sing in public. What a shitburger

I don't know why women like chick flicks, it's almost as if they WANT to cry. Would any nomral guy walk into a theatre knowing the movie that will be playing will make him cry? That's why no one watches "Old Yeller" on purpose

- LZMF1 - 09-03-2002

i once told my wife that i won't see any (godforsaken, stupid, boring chick flick) movie she'd like to see unless the i get to see the female character's tits and there has to be at least 2 great sex scenes. needless to say......that worked.

- Kid Afrika - 09-03-2002

I like movies with a good story. Unfortunately, most action flicks have the same story, so I do occassionally watch chick flicks. For instance, "Say Anything" is a total chick flick, but also a good movie IMO.

I hear ya on the crying thing though doc, although there is something be said for movies that are so touching that they actually evoke more emotion than laughter from you, while you watch them.

- Maynard - 09-03-2002

Say Anything is a GREAT movie!

Quote:I thought it was all about hot chicks being bartenders, turns out it's about one dumb broad who is too scared to sing in public.
C'mon, the scene where she does the striptease for him is pretty hot.

What classifies a movie as a chick flick? If the movie is emotional? Cause a movie like Philadelphia is very emotional to me, (denzel is the man).

- Maynard - 09-03-2002

I don't consider Philiadelphia a chick flick.

I don't know how you define a chick flick, but it's one of those things that you just sort of know when you see it advertised or when you watch it.

- Galt - 09-03-2002

My Life: Chick flick that made me cry.

The one with Michael Keaton?

- Galt - 09-03-2002

Yes, the one with Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman.

I bawled like a bitch

I cried during philadelphia, malcolm x, schindlers list and... ehh, the lion king...

- Sean Cold - 09-03-2002

I cried in Bambi.

They killed Bambi's mom.

Thats just really fucked up for a kid to see.

- Metalfan - 09-03-2002

I agree with Sean.....avoid all chick flicks at all costs!!!!

The Bambi thing is tough, even though you don't see the mom get sniped. But, try explaining it to your kid :disappointed:

I never saw bambi, now I am scared to.