CDIH
I need my afternoon laughs - How to amuse myself in the pm drive - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: I need my afternoon laughs - How to amuse myself in the pm drive (/showthread.php?tid=3476)

Pages: 1 2

- OAS - 09-10-2002

So I come back from my vacation to see they made the decision to make the day the laughter died.

I enjoyed unwinding laughing my ass off (most of the time) driving home in the evening. There is nothing to laugh at anymore.

I need suggestions on how to amuse myself now that I have pretty much listened to all my CD's and rock radio sucks ass.

What should I do?

- Danked - 09-10-2002

Hand out hard candy to the neighborhood kids.

- Danked - 09-10-2002

There's not much you can do. I"ve been listening to all my CD's that I haven't touched in years and then there's all the Best Of's I did record. Find yourself a hobby or something.

- Arthur Dent - 09-10-2002

Phone sex.

- Ken'sPen - 09-10-2002

It does suck.....
I turned on Mike and the Mad Dog, and I was reminded of why I was sooooo Damn happy to find O&A in the first place...

I can listen to sports talk during football season, but once that is over I am in biiiiiiiiiig trouble.

I enjoyed having the Stern\OA commute bookends.

- Keyser Soze - 09-10-2002

I've got tons of best of's i've burned to CD but i've been getting back into listening to music on my afternoon drive now, checking out new bands people have turned me on to, enjoying old tunes I havent heard in years.

Theres always old comedy albums you can get off Kazaa.

- Gooch - 09-10-2002

i actually have loads of tapes from the Stern heyday, plus quite a few from the OA heyday...however, since my commute is only 20minutes...i just read the NY Post for laughs instead. If it was longer than 20min, I'd wipe the dust off my walkman and play the "oldies". That or purchase a MP3 walkman, and get some OA downloads and music.

- Ken'sPen - 09-10-2002

I fail to see how 102.7 did not move R&F into the slot....

after 5 min Lycas drives home the message that he hates women...
after 10 I am ready to shoot myself.

Why doesn't he vary the topic of his suck.

- Gooch - 09-10-2002

I expect to see OA back on an Infinity station in Philly or Boston in 6 months, and syndicated underground in NY only, b/c it'll take a good year for it to blow over.

- Metalfan - 09-10-2002

Leykis sucks dick! I'm even considering taking 102.7 off of the preset on my car radio at this point....its brutal. The only good show left is R&F, but I'm not in the car when they're on. If the skies are clear I can pick up WSOU, which plays some decent tunes....otherwise, I just keep scanning the dial on my way home.....its awful :-(

- OAS - 09-10-2002

I am surprised WYSP doesn't make O&A their home station. They were kicking ass in Philly. There is probably some contractual objection. However, if WNEW fires them, they should be able to move anywhere. Right to work and all. Radio is in big trouble if Lickass and D&M are the only alternatives. I'm not up on all the bitching but who had the problem, WNEW or Infinity?

- Gooch - 09-10-2002

WNEW cancelling their show does noit mean they are fired from Infinity. The fact that the only word used is "cancelled" and that O&A have made no statement tells me either they are negotiating a buy-out from Infinity, or simply that they remain on contract and are waiting for things to blow-over. Infinity having billions at stake in a congressional lobby during all this, makes the situation even murkier.

- Metalfan - 09-10-2002

The Moral Majority had the fucking problem

- Doc - 09-10-2002

I make eye contact for uncomfortably long periods of time with other drivers in heavy traffic.

That keeps me entertained for a little bit. The other drivers really like it when you start blowing them kisses too

- Maynard - 09-10-2002

I just look at myself in the mirror. Makes me laugh every time.

- Ken'sPen - 09-10-2002

ooooooooooooooooooooh,
lets hijack this thread into a fun things you do to goof on other drivers..

I love catching someone picking their nose and then wave at them with a picky index finger motion....

I love seeing women with the rainbow bumber sticker on, I make the V and tongue lick it as they look at me.

- Luna - 09-10-2002

Quote:I love seeing women with the rainbow bumber sticker on, I make the V and tongue lick it as they look at me.
LMMFAO!!! :lol:

- Maynard - 09-10-2002

[Image: nosepick.jpg]

- Ken'sPen - 09-10-2002

Web cams should ONLY be sold to women

- Keyser Soze - 09-10-2002

I think Clear Channel actually issued a press release that basically stated they won't even touch Opie and Anthony at this point.

They're gonna wind up like the Greaseman, buying airtime and streaming their show over an ISDN line on the Internet.