CDIH
9-11-2002 - One year later - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 9-11-2002 - One year later (/showthread.php?tid=3491)

Pages: 1 2

- Jack - 09-11-2002

One year. One full year from that tragic date. What is in store for us not only as Americans, but human beings? What are your thoughts and opinions.

Personally, being a couple of states away I was not directly affected the moment the planes hit the towers. I did feel the shock/horror of it all though. I was glued to the TV set and the radio trying to find out any information that I could possibly find about what was going on. My gut wrenched with fear about all those civilians and who would be targeted next.

I can only imagine what it must have been like for those of you who live in New York, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C. or were directly affected by those events.

Looking forward, as has been talked about here many a time, I do forsee us being attacked again. However, I do also feel that we will be more prepared this time around. I think we will get Bin Laden, and I think we will take down Hussein with him. I also think we will rise above all of this and become an even stronger nation yet.

So, again I ask, what were your thoughts/actions on that day 1 year ago? What are your thought now? What is your outlook to the future for this country?

Edited By Jack on Sep. 11 2002 at 12:32

- GonzoStyle - 09-11-2002

Life goes on but we should never forget that in a split second we could lose it all. Mainly we should remember not to squabble over petty shit cause no matter how endless time may seem, it is not.

- Metalfan - 09-11-2002

The city is eerie this morning. The usual activity, but people seem to be in a fog as they go from point a to point b. Police everywhere and almost every sign in Times Sq. is a memorial to those lost. I seriously thought about staying home today....did anybody else consider staying home?

Edited By Metalfan on Sep. 11 2002 at 7:19

- Teenweek - 09-11-2002

I work in Times Square and I am glad I am at work today. I think about 9/11 everyday but I would go mad watching 24 hours of coverage of this stuff on every single tv station.

Watch the Yankees game tonight. They are having a special pregame ceremony tonight from 7-8 and are going all out

- Metalfan - 09-11-2002

I work near the UN and it is like a DMZ over here. Because of the General Assembly, there are 10 cops on every corner and too many street closings to mention.

- Galt - 09-11-2002

Stern's replaying his show from that day. I hadn't heard it before.

- Spitfire - 09-11-2002

Avoid tv at all costs, people...for some stations, it's just like sweeps today. Fucking Access Hollywood is even having a 911 special where the stars tell survivors and victims stories...it's disgusting and tasteless to hype this day in the media.

You guys did an awesome job with the forums today. Mad props, yo :thumbs-up:

- Teenweek - 09-11-2002

I did that day. It was really good. Probably the best show Howard ever did under the worst circumstances imaginable.

- Arthur Dent - 09-11-2002

I finally watched the Ch. 2 and the HBO documentaries that aired a few months ago. I was in London when they aired and just couldn't bring myself to sit down and watch them until now.

Wish I could say it brought it all back, but it never left to begin with.

I was walking to the office and saw a bunch of people stop on a corner and look south toward the WTC. I looked expecting to see something like lights or balloons or something, but there was nothing. I looked at my watch and realised it was 8:46, the time the first plane hit. One year ago, I was still in the train tunnel and didn't know anything had happened.

My office is having a bit of a memorial. There are TV's set up and a breakfast served on one floor where people are gathered watching the reading of the names at Ground Zero right now. I went for a few minutes to get a bagel and watch a bit of the coverage. Took at least 15 minutes just to get to the c's.

At 9:03, they rang a bell twice to signal the time the second plane hit. One year ago, I was in the building lobby waiting for an elevator. I heard the impact.

I've told the story of what i saw a few times now and don't really want to rehash it again.

- Ken'sPen - 09-11-2002

I really didn't think today would have much of an effect. It's not like we really stopped thinking about it.... so I didn't think the one year stuff would have much impact...
I was listening to Stern this morning and reflecting...

I passed the construction on the Turnpike around the airport... The crew was waving a giant flag.... cars were honking and flashing lights..

I don't know why that got to me, but as I passed I got really choked up.

I guess there is soooo much hype of "What was Bon Jovi doing" so much shit that doesn't matter, but in the end this was an event that hit the "every man"......

- Spitfire - 09-11-2002

Yeah, I got really choked up this morning -- it's strange, I got off my Parkway exit, turned off the cd I was listening, and on the radio was Stern...everything started flooding back to me and I lost it a bit... :disappointed:

- Metalfan - 09-11-2002

I was driving to the Park and Ride I use and the station I had on played "Winds of Change" by the Scorpions.....for some odd reason that choked me up :disappointed:

- Keyser Soze - 09-11-2002

I woke up this morning and went out on the terrace with my digital camera and took some pictures of the downtown skyline as it stands one year after the two tallest buildings in New York City were attacked and destroyed murdering thousands of innocent people. I stood there on my terrace for awhile and thought about how life can change in an instant and how important it is to make the most of everyday.

I got in my car and commenced my 1 hour drive from Weehawken to Princeton and listened to Howard and seeing the flags at half staff as I drove down Route 1 eventually got to me after awhile and I got choked up. What a sad, sad day.

- Galt - 09-11-2002

I drove down to the NJ Shore over Labor Day weekend. We went over the GW bridge, and off to the left was Manhattan.

My first reaction was "Yeah, I guess that's it. It's gotta be downtown" because the whole city just looks so fucking different without those two buildings.

- Metalfan - 09-11-2002

It sucks that we have to equate any day with this shit!

Edited By Metalfan on Sep. 11 2002 at 9:57

- kindred - 09-11-2002

I got up extra early this morning so I could watch the ceremonies from NYC and DC. I was listening to Howard Stern's rebroadcast from last year and it brought everything back...reliving that morning driving into work.

On my way into work, I drive toward our airport for a bit. Not a single plane was landing or taking off this morning...which further reminded me of last year.

Props to the site today...

- Doc - 09-11-2002

Quote:did anybody else consider staying home?

Yeah, but then I realized I had responsibilities at work and I feel better that I got them done. I think it's because work helps me take my mind of everything. I think I'm going to leave early though.

I heard Stern this morning too, and I starting getting choked up like everyone else. I thought that I was over it, I mean, I still think about it almost every day, I still have that mental picture of the North Tower looking like a waterfall, that horrible smell that stayed there for two weeks...but it stopped making me sad a while ago.

I guess I wasn't as over it as I thought, because as soon as I dropped my guard while listening to Stern, I got all stupid again.

What a shitty fucking day. A shitty fucking day

- criticslovesnatch - 09-11-2002

I just keep remembering driving on the BQE by the brooklyn bridge thanksgiving weekend, which was the first weekend that I was back after 9/11. I look to my right, and there is lower manhattan. It just hurt. Being 250 miles removed from the whole things when i'm used to it being around the corner just makes everything all the more surreal.

Great job on the background Jack/Sean/whoever else did it.

- Arpikarhu - 09-11-2002

Quote:One year. One full year from that tragic date
really? thanks! i was away for a week and i must have forgotten to flip the page on my "hang in ther baby" kitty calender.

- JerseyThunder - 09-11-2002

I had my alarm set for 630 AM. I was going to go up to NYC to see the 9/11 tribute but I just couldn't do it. I went back to sleep and woke up a couple of hours later and watched what was going on. I saw the tribute out in PA and when that little boy saluted the flag when TAPS played I lost it. I've been bouncing around the channels since. I'm going to try to make it up to the city for the lighting of the eternal flame later on, but I don't know.....it's all just beyond depressing. :-(