CDIH
Party games - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Party games (/showthread.php?tid=3520)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Arthur Dent - 09-13-2002

I'm having a few friends over this weekend and was thinking about party games. With a bunch of people I prefer the games like Pictionary or Boulderdash or any of the other group games where everyone is talking and laughing. Especially good if not everyone knows each other. Save stuff like Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly for a small group just hanging out.

Do you play games when you get a group together, or do you just sit around drinking and talking all night?

- Ken'sPen - 09-13-2002

ahhhhh,
games are ok if it is a really mellow crowd.
but it sometimes discourages talking and makes things too structured.

I prefer to just hang out if I am inside.

- Doc - 09-13-2002

My friends and I usually just have beer and places to sit.
If it's a small group, card games work pretty well though. You can't go wrong with poker night

- Galt - 09-13-2002

Any "party" that includes Balderdash and/or Pictionary does not qualify as a "party"

Make everyone write five things they hate about each other person and have the group decide if each trait is accurate

I actually don't own a single game that doesn't involve either a computer or a game console. I was just remembering a party I went to where there were a lot of people who didn't know each other. The hostess put three games under the coffee table and as the night got slow, some people spotted the games and everyone wanted to play.

Also remember playing Trivial Pursuit in the club office in college between classes.

- Jack - 09-13-2002

Charades is always fun. It loosens everybody up too. Once the shy uptight people see how much of a fool everyone else is making of them selves they are more likely to join in.

- DGW - 09-13-2002

depending on the friends.....naked twister

- Galt - 09-13-2002

Randomly pick someone at the party and have everyone make fun of them until they cry.

- OAS - 09-13-2002

Nude volleyball is always a huge hit.

- Hey Ladi - 09-13-2002

Quote:Make everyone write five things they hate about each other person and have the group decide if each trait is accurate

I was thinking of that recently. My friend & I made Pro & Con lists about each other. I was thinking it would be uncomfortable & interesting to make people do that about each other! :thumbs-up:

Quote:depending on the friends.....naked twister
tried Strobe light twister once

- Hybrid - 09-13-2002

parties with games = lame

get drunk and watch football.

- DGW - 09-13-2002

he speaks from the many years of experiance Rolleyes

- PollyannaFlower46 - 09-13-2002

Play Seven Minutes in Heaven.

- Hey Ladi - 09-13-2002

Quote:he speaks from the many years of experiance

Pin the Tail on the Donkey?

- Hybrid - 09-13-2002

yes. and musical chairs.

Oh and get a Pinata!

- Hybrid - 09-13-2002

omg i'll bring the goodie bags

- crx girl - 09-13-2002

risk and trivial pursuit rule for when you just have a couple of people over, and plenty of :fuggin:

OMG have the party at the Plaster Gallery!

Quote:OMG have the party at the Plaster Gallery!

Oooh, can we paint "I Luv Mommy" paperweights?!?!?!? :crackhead:
I'll make the peanut butter & jelly on Ritz crackers!
BYOM: Bring Your Own Milk.