CDIH
Wait one fuckin minute - What is this happy horseshit? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Wait one fuckin minute - What is this happy horseshit? (/showthread.php?tid=353)

- Sean Cold - 02-08-2002

Quote:Friday, February 8, 2002

First Olympic action delayed by high winds

SALT LAKE CITY -- Winter weather got the best of the Winter Olympics on Friday.

Ski jump qualifying on the 90-meter hill, the first competition of the Winter Games, was delayed for at least three hours because of high winds and blowing snow at the Utah Olympic Park in Park City.

Practice for the men's downhill, the premier event of alpine skiing, was canceled, and so was women's downhill training. Practice runs for men's singles luge were delayed.

A snowstorm moved into Utah the morning of the opening ceremony, bringing with it strong winds and making visibility difficult at mountain venues.

"It's almost a whiteout situation," Utah Olympic Park press marshall Dee Corum said. "It's not snowing right now, but it's blowing hard and very fast. The front is coming from the north, which is absolutely the worst position to come from if you're a jumper."

Venue managers announced that the ski jumping competition, originally scheduled to start at 11 a.m. EST, would be pushed back until 2 p.m.

The Utah Olympic Park is 28 miles east of downtown Salt Lake City.

At Snowbasin, 33 miles north of Salt Lake City, training for the men's downhill was canceled because of strong winds that whipped snow across the Grizzly course. The men had a practice run there Thursday, and have another scheduled for Saturday. The race is set for Sunday.

The women now hope to have their first training run Saturday. Their downhill is set for Monday.

So, let me get this straight because maybe I am a tad slow today.

The winter olympics were delayed because the weather was, I don't know, wintery?

What the fuck did they fuckin expect? 80 degrees, Sunny with a chance of clouds????

- Keyser Soze - 02-08-2002

Fuck the winter olympics. I'm watching the Winter X Games on ESPN/ABC.

- Hybrid - 02-08-2002

only event worth watching is the skeleton. that seems cool as hell. nothing else really catches my attention.

- Francine Banger - 02-08-2002

This Sport called Hockey is pretty cool

- Sean Cold - 02-08-2002

Francine Banger Wrote:This Sport called Hockey is pretty cool
Yeah but at this rate they will postpone it because the fuckin ice is too cold :fuckoff: :fuckoff:

- The Sleeper - 02-08-2002

I'm only watching if they televise the Curling. But they won't of course!!! :angry:

- Maximus - 02-08-2002

I can't wait for the hockey to start. As well as Women's Figure skating (just to see if any of the hot chicks are wearing those underwear type things that ride up their asses.)

- criticslovesnatch - 02-08-2002

Maximus Wrote:I can't wait for the hockey to start. As well as Women's Figure skating (just to see if any of the hot chicks are wearing those underwear type things that ride up their asses.)
I went to high school with one of the girls on the US woman's figure skating team, she's like 17 now i believe. i really dont have much interest in most of the olympic sports though.

- slackjaw - 02-09-2002

I always watch the speedskating..... mostly in hopes that the guy on the inside will spill on a turn and slice the other competitor right through a major artery. What can I say, there is nothing so beautiful as blood on the ice. Smile

- Flock of Moosen - 02-09-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:Ski jump qualifying on the 90-meter hill, the first competition of the Winter Games, was delayed for at least three hours because of high winds and blowing snow at the Utah Olympic Park in Park City.

Well, if they didn't delay it then we'd see a replay of that ski jumper from Wide World of Sports.
You wouldn't want to see that would you. Yeah you're right, so would I.

- WhipThisFez - 02-09-2002

Snow is white.

- Sean Cold - 02-09-2002

WhipThisFez Wrote:Snow is white.
Kid isn't

- Sean Cold - 02-09-2002

I have to admit, I watched the opening Ceremonies last night and I got goose bumps to the max when they came out with the WTC flag. I am such a girl, I had a tear rolling down me face during the National Anthem as well. Then they went and fucked it all up with that lame ass figure skating gook doing some sort of "meaningful" program. damn them for killing such a great moment!

Then again, this was a great night because the Miracle On Ice team from 1980 lit the final torch wich just fuckin ruled! :bouncer:

- DGW - 02-12-2002

Quote:I'm only watching if they televise the Curling. But they won't of course!!!
It was on yesterday on MSNBC around 5 pm...and it's no fucking sport. I hear in the next Summer Games Horshoes will be an event.

- slackjaw - 02-12-2002

Fucking A! Olympic horseshoes? It's about damned time! One of the few great "sports" left the one can actually drink a beer while taking his turn! I wonder what my boos would say if I told him I was quitting to train for the Olympics? :p

- LZMF1 - 02-15-2002

i tried watching curling last night just to see what it was about.

what a fucking waste of time!!!! lemme slide a 42 lb. rock on some ice and have a couple of tools run in front of it with what looks like a spongemop or a swiffer!!!!

why the fuck are they frantically mopping away at the ice? is it dirty or something?

and also, how the fuck do they score it?!?!?!?!?

complete and total waste of time.

- Skitchr4u - 02-15-2002

i watched curling this morning while i was getting ready for work...i think the broom thing makes the "stone" slide one way or another due to heat generated due to the sweeping. and the scoring is when you put it nearest the bulls-eye...of course, i could be way off base with this and just an idiot

- Sir O - 02-15-2002

I actually found myself enjoying the curling last night. I think the way the scoring works is that each team has a certain number of stones per round, and you get points for each stone within the circle at the end of the round. Something like that, anyway.

Now if I ever watch curling outside of the Olympics, someone shoot me...