CDIH
Motivation - In the office or in life. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Motivation - In the office or in life. (/showthread.php?tid=3534)

- Kid Afrika - 09-16-2002

Today I'm finding it very hard to get motivated. I came in all gung ho and ready to get some shit done today, only to find that half of our office is out today. And, my counterpart decided he wasn't coming in because he's still jet-lagged.

How do you motivate yourself when people around you are lolligaggin' and draggin' ass?

Or, do you sink to their level and not get shit done?

- Hybrid - 09-16-2002

heroin

- NaughtyAngel - 09-16-2002

i can never seem to get the right motivation

- Doc - 09-16-2002

Fear motivates me pretty well. If there's no big deadline to meet though, money is the other good one. I know that if I do well, I have a better chance of getting a bigger raise, and I'm all kinds of shallow like that

- Arthur Dent - 09-16-2002

I think about the size of my paycheck and how much bigger I'd like it to be.

- Noellevious - 09-16-2002

Quote:Or, do you sink to their level and not get shit done?
Hard work pays off in the future, but procrastination pays off right now. :thumbs-up:

Edited By Noellevious on Sep. 16 2002 at 2:29

- Sweet Angel - 09-16-2002

If you were all gung ho to get stuff done, what difference does it make that half the office is out? Do what you need to do.

Of course, I'm home sick today, so it's easy for me to say.

- Doc - 09-16-2002

Quote:I think about the size of my paycheck and how much bigger I'd like it to be.

We're all about the Benjamins

Yo I'm so hip I have trouble seeing my feet :thumbs-up:

I'm getting shit done, but it'd be a lot easier if I didn't feel like I'm the only one actually busting his ass. I know, I shouldn't concern myself with others, but I need help with what I'm doing (updating a customer training binder)...

To me, it's a lot more satisfying to feel like part of a winning team than it is to feel like you are the only one that gives a fuck. Regardless of the economies of scale.

- Doc - 09-16-2002

Quote:(updating a customer training binder)...

K1d = paperwork bitch?

- Sweet Angel - 09-16-2002

Quote:To me, it's a lot more satisfying to feel like part of a winning team than it is to feel like you are the only one that gives a fuck
Yeah, but then you've got to share the glory, instead of basking in it all by yourself!

- Hey Ladi - 09-16-2002

I'm motivated by fear also, I can only work at the last minute
Otherwise I have none

- crx girl - 09-16-2002

i have no motivation either, but this place isn't gonna clean itself... :-(

- fbd - 09-16-2002

motivation? whats that?

Quote:K1d = paperwork bitch?
I have NO technical people here, and most of the binder is technical and/or needs to have facts checked and be re-typed. I am delegating much of it, but have to do some myself.

Soon enough, all of this will fade away and fall into someone else's lap. For now, I suffer.

- Doc - 09-16-2002

So the short answer would have been, "Yes Doc, I am" :thumbs-up:

:-D :moonie: :-D