CDIH
Contacts - Those fuckin things - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Contacts - Those fuckin things (/showthread.php?tid=3537)

- Gooch - 09-16-2002

I've been wearing glasses since I was 5 years old...and finally bought contacts just this past weekend. I find them Hell to put in my eye...and today has been pure frustration. Then, as I tried to put the cocksucking motherfuckin lens into my right eye for must have been the tenth try, I spied a tear in it. The fuckin thing is already torn. These contacts are Toric lenses...and expensive...and they are supposed to last at least two months...and it's torn on the 2nd day I'm using them. I have a bad feeling I just wasted $300 with the contact eye exam, and lenses. :-( :-( :-(

- Tenbatsuzen - 09-16-2002

I'm so freaked about putting shit in my eye, if my vision starts to go, either glasses or LASIK for me...

- Gooch - 09-16-2002

unfortunately for me...b/c of my heavy astigmitism plus near-sightedness...lasik is still impossible. They could do it, but i'd still need glasses.

- Kid Afrika - 09-16-2002

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! I went through the same shit when I first got my lenses. You get used to putting them in pretty quickly.

One thing goochy, you might want to think twice about wearing them to work. It turns out, when you look at a computer screen you don't blink nearly as much because of the refresh rate. This causes your eyes to dry and makes contacts pretty uncomfortable if you don't put drops in regularly. And judging by your flinchtastic description of putting in the lenses, I'm guessing you're just about as good with eye drops. :-o

Did they teach you the wrestling pose you need just to hold your eye open?

- DGW - 09-16-2002

atleast yah won't be called 4 eyes anymore....well that and other names.

i luv my contacts
i always broke my glasses
whether leaving them by the side of my bed or falling asleep with them on
very iffy about surgery
it's my right eye that is bad
no BJ jokes please

- Gooch - 09-16-2002

Kid...I'll IM you later. Sounds like I need your guidance with these things (yes, do screenshot this statement). :-D

Edited By Gooch on Sep. 16 2002 at 4:45

- LZMF1 - 09-16-2002

as k1d said, you get used to them rather quickly. give it time and it'll become second nature to you. :thumbs-up:

- Sweet Angel - 09-16-2002

I've been wearing contacts for 20 years. I'd love to get LASIK, but can't afford to just yet.

Are your lenses "soft" or "hard"? From what I understand, the hard lenses are harder to get used to.

- Keyser Soze - 09-19-2002

i'm abuse the shit out of mine, i don't even know how long i've had the pair of disposables in my eyes right now. which reminds me, i need to get some more. i wear them overnight too, just throw a few drops in my eyes in the morning and i'm good to go.

- kindred - 09-19-2002

I can't see how leaving something in your eye for that long is healthy. You are probably doing more damage to your eyes.

I have the disposable ones you wear for two months...they usually last me about six months before I have to throw them out. I don't wear contacts everyday since I like the glasses I have now.

Don't give up on them so soon, Gooch. They are a pain at first, but before you know it, you won't even realize you have them in. Just don't get so drunk you forget to take them out at night. You'll wake up with your eyes feeling like concrete slabs.

- Keyser Soze - 09-19-2002

i probrobly am doing damage to my eyes and i'll pay for it. i've also been wearing contacts for something like 8 years now. someone spank me, i've been bad.

- Goatweed - 09-19-2002

I've been wearing contacts for close to 10 years now. At first, they do take a lot of getting used to - especially putting them in. After a few weeks, it become second nature. I get a six month supply, but I stretch them to last me a year (more or less) by taking them out every night. They're designed to be left in all the time, but my eyes get way too dry in the morning, and they're actually painful to wear like that - and for close to $9/bottle for those re-wetting drops, it's just easier and less expensive to take them out and soak them.

I thought about getting LASIK, but it seems like it's still in the infancy-stages - and my eyes are bad enough as it is, I'd hate to screw them up even worse. If you screw up a contact, it's replaceable. I don't mind my lenses anyway - the only thing that sucks is the occasional piece of dust flying into them, or ash from a cigarette, or really smoky environments (like bars, after wearing them all day). That's when I'll use the drops.

And Kid's right - using them while in front of a PC terminal is a pain, but it takes getting used to. I carry my cheap pair of glasses around in my bag, and a few times my lenses got so bad I had to take them out (that's usually my cue to start up with a new pair).

- Gooch - 09-20-2002

Thanks for the tips, y'all.

Appreciated.

I have to pick-up the new Right lens on Sat, so I'll be renewing my battle then. Luckily, I had just gotten a good pair of glasses along with it...since sometimes i'll be too lazy or not want to deal with the contacts. good thing to know about the computer-flickering issue. I'll have to feel that out. I purposely got a higher tint on my regular glasses so that it'd cut the glare a bit...so it works out well to use glasses during work, anyway.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 09-20-2002

I've been wearing lenses since high school, the first few months were hellish, always ripping them or losing them, etc. I have toric lenses as well so its $75 a lens (I have the insurance), so it was expensive whenever I lost one. Don't keep 'em in for too long or you'll be fighting the never ending war with the eye booger.

- OAS - 09-20-2002

Doesn't it piss all you youngins off that at my age, I still do not need glasses. You are all getting old. :bouncer:

- Kid Afrika - 09-20-2002

Quote:Don't keep 'em in for too long or you'll be fighting the never ending war with the eye booger.
I haven't worn contacts daily in about 3 years, and I still have to fight the neverending war... I asked the eye doctor about it and he said my eyes are fine. No way in Hell my eyes are fine and they have this much discharge.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 09-20-2002

Be happy you don't wear makeup, when I get my eye boogers they're usually black from my eyeliner so it looks even more icky.

Oh and OAS, I might wear contacts, but its still better than diapers. :thumbs-up:

- Keyser Soze - 09-20-2002

Day 43, still wearing the same disposables.

- FollowThisLogic - 09-20-2002

I've been wearing contacts for about 10 years myself. As far as the computer screen issue goes, I don't know whether it's the contacts or just my eyes, but anything other than 60 Hz bugs the Hell outta me.

You'll get used to putting them in, it just becomes second nature. Hell, just wait till the day till one bugs you while driving, you blink so much it falls out, then you have to put it back in at 75mph. THAT is fun shit. :-D

Remember - and this sounds fucking crazy but it's true - if you get shit on your lens, or need to re-wet it before putting it back into your eye, and you have no saline handy, put it in your mouth to wet/clean it. Anyone who doesn't believe me, try cleaning your lens with water and see how your eye reacts... then try saliva.

Don't ever leave your lenses in water overnight (if you have no saline, of course). Or at least, if you do leave them in water, go for the spit-shine before you put them in your eyes. I made the water mistake looooooong ago, when I hadn't been wearing them long.... it fucking BURNS.

- DGW - 09-20-2002

Quote:Oh and OAS, I might wear contacts, but its still better than diapers.
It's funny cause it's not me. :lol: