CDIH
Regret - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Regret (/showthread.php?tid=3633)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Galt - 09-30-2002

Quote:Dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just once chance to come back..........

What things that you didn't do, do you currently regret? What are you currently doing, or more importantly chances you're not taking or things you're not doing that you think you will regreat later in life?

I regret not playing little league baseball. I played hockey a lot as a kid and travelled with my family for 6 weeks every summer in the middle of little league. But that stopped when I was 10. I could have started little league at 11 like everyone else, but I was too much of a pussy to risk looking like a fool when I hadn't played baseball for the first time in front of everyone

I wish I had asked more girls out when I was younger. Again, I was a whimp and just didn't want them to say no. Now I don't care, but I missed out on banging a lot of high school girls, and I'll never get that chance again.

I seriously regret not buying property. At the height of the stock market boom, I was swimming in money. Not just from the market, but also my sales job. As a responsible person, I didn't spend a lot of it, invested everything, and wasn't one of those idiots selling when the market started to take. Now, I've got about 5% of the money left, and I'm still renting.

Right now, I'd say that I'll regret not joining enough clubs during school, not focusing as much on the job search as I should, and spending too much time with one girl from school instead of socializing with the whole class.

- Gooch - 09-30-2002

i regret not saving cash for past 6 years, when I was doing lots of overtime and doubling my paycheck. Got nothing to show for it.

- Goatweed - 09-30-2002

I regret not having spent a lot of time with my father before he passed away. I find myself, even after 10 years since his passing, somewhat envious of my friends who still go to ball games, have that "father-son" relationship, etc.

- OAS - 09-30-2002

I don't believe in regrets. Don't have any. Never plan on having any.

- Galt - 09-30-2002

That is such a bullshit line

- virgingrrl - 09-30-2002

forget regrets or life is yours to miss....

- Arthur Dent - 09-30-2002

Quote:forget regrets or life is yours to miss....

Get busy living, or get busy dieing.

- Galt - 09-30-2002

Quote:Get busy living, or get busy dieing.
The second best movie quote in this thread.

My point wasn't to harp on the past, but look at what you are doing now.

That's often my litmus test for making a decision. "When I look back at my life, what could I end up regretting: Doing this, or not doing this."

- Arthur Dent - 09-30-2002

I've got plenty of regrets. I just choose not to dwell on them. Learn from them and move on. :toast:

You can't change the past and you can't predict the future. You can only live in the present.

- diceisgod - 09-30-2002

I regret not having murdered my family when I young enough where I wouldn't have to go to prison.

- SLASH - 10-01-2002

I can't believe that we would lie in graves wondering if we had spent our living days well.

- Galt - 10-01-2002

I love the instrumental jam session in that song

- SLASH - 10-01-2002

It's a great song.

- Galt - 10-01-2002

It rivals the all time great instrumental riffs from Believe, November Rain and Estranged (all by Slash by the way)

- SLASH - 10-01-2002

Quote:Believe

?

- Galt - 10-01-2002

Lenny Kravitz. But Slash wrote and played the guitar solo.

It's sweet.

- The Sleeper - 10-01-2002

Lenny Kravitz is the worst shit ever.

- SLASH - 10-01-2002

Hmmm..

I know Slash wrote and performed on Always On The Run from Mama Said, but, I was unaware of his involvement on Believe from Are Ya Gonna Go My Way.

- Galt - 10-01-2002

May, I remind you Sleeper that you like Thursday?

- The Sleeper - 10-01-2002

no, you don't need to remind me that I like the greatest modern rock band.