CDIH
I don't get it - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: I don't get it (/showthread.php?tid=3705)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Keyser Soze - 10-09-2002

Yes Tenbats, this was blatently stolen from Ron & Fez.

There are some things you just can't understand the allure of. Things that some people are crazy about that you just don't get.

Heres a few of mine....

Wrestling
Country Music
Soap Operas
The sitcom "Friends"
Scooters
most Techno/House music

if you "get it" explain why.

- LZMF1 - 10-09-2002

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

kindred is my long lost evil twin.........could it be that so is keyser? triplets???

the 6 things that he "doesn't get" are also things that i don't get!!!

- Teenweek - 10-09-2002

Wrestling- It is a male soap opera, a movie, and a sporting event all rolled up into one. It is entertaining to see the storylines and to see the highly competitive athletes putting their bodies on the line.

Country Music-don't get

Soap Operas-Guess there is nothing else on in afternoons. So if you are home you watch them.

The sitcom "Friends"- Just a great show. Non realistic but very well written and always funny. The cast works well together.

Scooters-DOn't know why

most Techno/House music-Could not give a fuck

- OAS - 10-09-2002

Keyser you have to ask? People have different tastes. They like what they like. We are not expected to get it. It doesn't matter. If it makes you happy, knock your socks off. I mean look at how many of you all like Survivor. I don't get it at all. But enough others do, so God bless them.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 10-09-2002

Soap Operas: Lets you live vicariously through the characters, etc. I was home sick for a year and got addicted to them...they did stuff I could never dream of doing...its an escape.

- LZMF1 - 10-09-2002

Quote:Soap Operas-Guess there is nothing else on in afternoons. So if you are home you watch them.
nope i'm home in the afternoon and never watch.

Quote:The sitcom "Friends"- Just a great show. Non realistic but very well written and always funny. The cast works well together
once again. if i can't see the girlies in that show naked....why bother watching?

I know OAS, I was hoping to get an insight into why people dig these things....

here are some more:

majoring in math
wanting to become an accountant
dungeons & dragons
star trek
musicals

- LZMF1 - 10-09-2002

this is really getting frightening now!

- Teenweek - 10-09-2002

Yep I agree on all of those.

I don't get:

Getting married to someone you're not in love with just because it seems like the right thing to do.

Having a cat as a pet

Naming your car

Naming your peesh

- LZMF1 - 10-09-2002

Quote:Having a cat as a pet
it all depends on the cat.....i have 3, 1 is fat, deaf and dumb as a rock and he's the coolest one, the other is very affectionate and loves me to death, the 3rd could die right in front of me and i could care less. i still prefer my dogs.

Quote:Naming your car
nope, i don't get it either.

Quote:Naming your peesh
that too...why bother? my wife never bothered naming mine and i kinda like it that way. it's not like i'd even bother naming her goodies.

- OAS - 10-09-2002

Well a lonely peesh without a name is just terrible. Terrible I say.

- Galt - 10-09-2002

shit, puke, piss, infantalism, foot, dominatrix, and all the other weird sexual fetishes
religion
the initial allure of smoking cigarettes (OK fine, your addicted now, but how can you do it enough te get addicted. It just tastes fucking nasty)
why people like coffee
Why it is generally considered that Mallrats is Kevin Smith's worst movie, when it's the only one I can stand.

- LZMF1 - 10-09-2002

Quote:why people like coffee
caffeine in general is exquisite!!!! coffee, if made properly, rules! any form of caffeine is thoroughly enjoyable.

- Galt - 10-09-2002

but coffee tastes like ass.

Everyone in the world disagrees with me becuase no one can exist in the morning without coffee. If you have to load it up with cream, milk, and sugar, then does it taste good?

But then, I also don't like cheese, butter, or mayo either.

I don't get:

The allure of keeping bugs as pets (spiders, etc.)

LZ, this is where our paths diverge...

i don't understand the obesession with coffee either. i do drink it occassionally not cause i enjoy it but if i'm REALLY tired and need a stimulant in the morning.

however on the galt end, i do enjoy dipping my fries in mayo very much.

- Hey Ladi - 10-09-2002

Dungeons & Dragons - saw the movie yesterday & it didn't make sense.

shit, puke, piss, infantalism, foot, dominatrix, and all the other weird sexual fetishes .... outside the norm, deviant, helpless nes vs control, some people like that

religion - afraid of the unknown?

the initial allure of smoking cigarettes (OK fine, your addicted now, but how can you do it enough te get addicted. It just tastes fucking nasty) - I don't know either, nervous habit maybe

- Hybrid - 10-09-2002

mallrats was awesome

- Metalfan - 10-09-2002

what's wrong with majoring in math????? :crackhead:

i don't understand people who do the speed limit in the left hand lane :fuckoff: