CDIH
Let's go rangers - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Let's go rangers (/showthread.php?tid=3745)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- x-file - 01-30-2003

I think that sather made a mistake hiring a rookie coach to handle this Ranger team. And you can tell that he was a rookie by some of the choices he made. Like going with your hot goalie is a good choice, but for 20 games straight. Blackburn crumbled. Then he does the same thing with Duhnam. Guys didn't really have the deep respect.

Not sather comes in trying to only cover his own ass. Whether he makes the playoffs or not he won't be fired. Dolan has a major hard on for him. The thing that worries me is if he is gonna sell our entire future to make a run at the playoffs. We'll have to wait and see.

- Teenweek - 01-31-2003

sather is an Asshole. Guess him as coach did not do too much. They still lost.

- PeterDragon - 01-31-2003

Well teen, you get to pick on one coach at a time. You got your wish - Trots is gone.
Sather is as good a choice as was left for the rest of the season.

My problem is Cablevision doing the short term thinking again.
His rookie coach wasn't good, but he wasn't awful - it was the players who were awful.

Like X-files, I'm worried they'll again mortgage whatever for this year, just like giving up Kloucek for Dunham.

- Teenweek - 01-31-2003

i know i wanted him gone too

- PeterDragon - 01-31-2003

Quote:i know i wanted him gone too

I'm a surprisingly patient man. I can wait until after the season to get rid of Sather.

I have this sudden feeling of nostalgia for Neil Smith.
(or even better, Emile Francis)

- x-file - 02-09-2003

I actually sat down and watched the flyers game today. For the 1st half of the game the Rangers actually looked like a solid team. Then it all came crashing down for the 2nd half of the game. They took like 5 penalties in a row, and ultimatley gave up the GW goal. I had a slim hope they would make the playoffs, but the more and more I watch them, the more they confirm my worst fears.

- Teenweek - 02-10-2003

The rangers just got Kovalev as heard on WFAN. :fuckoff: Confuseduicide:

- PeterDragon - 02-10-2003

Rangers re-acquire Alexi Kovalev

Yeah, Alex can get blini back at Brighton Beach.Of course, it won't make much of a difference this season.
I liked Kovalev when he was here the first time, but he is Damn frustrating. He has been big in big games though.

Players Rangers gave up weren't bad, but were all expendable.
Sammuelson is a 3rd liner, Bouchard & Lintner are offensive defensemen, and Rico Fata has speed but hasn't done it in NHL yet. :banana:

- x-file - 02-10-2003

I'm kinda mixed on Getting Kovalev back. When he played here last there was a stretch that he look like he was going to be a great player. Then he just faded. I chalked that up to the fact that the Rangers played a offensive style that didn't suit him. When ever he got to play that open ice hockey, he looked great. But When he played NY Ranger hockey, dump and chase, he got lost.

The only players I would wonder about is Bouchard and Sammuelson. Looked good when they played. I hope Alex comes back and plays like he did in Pittsburgh. He always killed us, I just hope he doesn't pull a dissapearing act. But also, the Rangers got a Top Defensemen and a pretty good scorer too. So I think the rangers just caught the penguins at the right time, DUMP TIME.

Think this is the last of the moves sather will be making?

Edited By x-file on 1044918301

- x-file - 02-13-2003

kovalev scored in his first game.....okay, so it was an empty netter. Honestly, the parts I watched of this game, I saw Alexi get a number of good scoreing opportunities. I remember about 5 years ago the same thing happening but never seeing the light lit. Its a different time so I won't worry about it.

Honestly, this was probably the most boreing hockey game ever. wow :-o

- Teenweek - 02-13-2003

At least they finally won a game.

- Teenweek - 02-14-2003

Anyone hear on espn radio yesterday thet the rangers are looking to trade for Jarome Iginla.

- LZMF1 - 02-14-2003

Quote:Anyone hear on espn radio yesterday thet the rangers are looking to trade for Jarome Iginla.
if the rangers acquired him his talent would quickly disappear. :disappointed:

he'd cash his 1st check and put it into cruise control all the while enjoying the ride on the "gravy train express"

ok lemme rephrase that........he won't lose his talent but the rangers still will not make the playoffs. why don't they just hire ted nolan? that's the kind of coach they need

Edited By LZMF1 on 1045232809

- PeterDragon - 02-14-2003

Teen,
the report came from here:
Rangers Looking at Iginla - NY Times

Before Kovalev maybe - now I don't think so.

- Teenweek - 02-14-2003

I figure why not. What do they have to lose besides more games, more fans, more money. I can't afford going to games and I don't have cablevision. I have directv so it is not my money.

- x-file - 02-14-2003

we don't need another scorer. Granted Iginla is a talent and young player with superstar potential. But we have kovalev, Lindros, Bure, holik...we need defense. I heard a rumor the players offered were Lundmark, Poti, and another player can't remember. I say NO WAY. Lundmark is gonna be a good player and Poti right now is our whole defense. We have scorers, they just have to play better and we need defense. Remember that big free agent we signed Kasparitus....where's he been? :crackhead:

- LZMF1 - 02-25-2003

<span style='font-size:37pt;line-height:100%'>NJDvs.NYR</span></span><span style='font-size:37pt;line-height:100%'> tonight!!!!!!</span>

<span style='font-size:37pt;line-height:100%'>Lets</span>

<span style='font-size:47pt;line-height:100%'>Go</span>

<span style='font-size:57pt;line-height:100%'>DEVILS!!!!</span>

Edited By LZMF1 on 1046186080

- PeterDragon - 02-26-2003

Tie.

But OT was great.

- LZMF1 - 02-26-2003

so now........all of you guys that hate dunham are kind of changing your minds eh?

ot was fucking awesome.

- Galt - 02-26-2003

CART racing threads are more interesting than this