CDIH
Bought any video's or dvd's lately? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bought any video's or dvd's lately? (/showthread.php?tid=3756)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- JerseyThunder - 10-12-2002

So what have you bought?

Stripes
The Whole Nine Yards
Mallrats
Vampires
Swordfish

I'm still looking for Kelly's Hero's and The Dirty Dozen. I can't find those fuckers anywhere!! :angry:

- GonzoStyle - 10-12-2002

I have a massive dvd and video collection, as k1d will always point out, lol.

I haven't had the money to buy as much as I used to since I am out of work, which arpi will always point out.

But I did get some stuff in the last few weeks

Resevoir dogs - fuckin sweet, I love the commentary and the interviews.

Twelve Monkeys - never seen it, haven't watched it yet.

The Untouchables - Love this movie so much, hate costner but love garcia and connery. naturally ofcourse De Niro as well.

Scorpion King - ain't watched it yet

Gotti - love armand assante in this movie, as well was william forsythe.

Spy Game - picked it up used at blockbuster, missed it on PPV. Have to see it basically cause it's a brad pitt movie. Fuck I even sat through 'The Mexican' can't be worse than that.

Looking forward to 'Insomnia' with pacino and williams, coming out this coming week.

Quote:Resevoir dogs -

Never seen it but which one? I know there a few version out there.

The Untouchables rocks!!! "I said you're friend died screamin like a stuck irish pig. Now you think about that when I beat the rap."

Do you have Oceans Eleven? That movie looks pretty good but I don;t know anyone who has seen it.

Yeah I have oceans 11, must see. Very fun movie the watch, the chemistry between Clooney and Pitt is fuckin amazing.

Nothing beats the "team" speech by deniro before the baseball bat comes down. I read a bio on capone, really good one. If interested seriously check it out, 'Capone: The man and the era' By Lawrence Bergman, if i remember. That scene took place, under very different circumstances, there were actually two people he beat to death that night, it was when his mind was completely overtaken by the syphillis as well as his major cocaine habit.

The Resevoir dogs, I have the 'Mr. Blonde' version, it makes no difference, it is just the case. You gotta see it though, you of all people would love it ya sick bastard.

Quote:I'm still looking for Kelly's Hero's and The Dirty Dozen. I can't find those fuckers anywhere!!

Got both at the wiz before they closed down.

They did two pack specials with the war movies.

I got those two as well as, 'Paths of glory' and 'A bridge too far'.

Two of them were only 15 bucks in the pack.

Quote:You gotta see it though, you of all people would love it ya sick bastard.

I can only guess why. LMAO!!!

Quote:Got both at the wiz before they closed down.

The one by where I live has been closed for a while. I'll have to see if the one in monmouth mall is still open. I even looked in Blockbuster, no luck. Videos are getting harder and harder to find. I guess I'll have to break down and buy a PS2 and start getting DVD's. I bought Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back on dvd when it first came out but I didn;t notice that it was the fucking widescreen version!! Now I have to try to find the regular version! :angry:

- LyricalGomez - 10-12-2002

I'm convinced Gonzo acctually lives in a house made of DVD's and VHS tapes

- Sweet Angel - 10-12-2002

I'm looking for a combo vcr/dvd player. Can anyone recommend a good one that won't break the bank? I'm not ready to give up my VHS tapes yet, and I don't want to have 97 pieces of equipment on my entertainment center. Thanks!

- QuickStop - 10-12-2002

Quote:I bought Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back on dvd when it first came out but I didn;t notice that it was the fucking widescreen version!! Now I have to try to find the regular version!
1st of all that movie is shot in something like 2.35 : 1 ratio, so with full screen, you'd loose like half the movie. 2nd, there isn't a full screen version.

Quote:I'm looking for a combo vcr/dvd player.

That reminded me of this sweet, Television I saw the other day with a built in video and dvd player. I think it was a 27 inch screen though. 700 bucks was not too bad.

- drusilla - 10-12-2002

i just got crash on dvd
i so can't wait to watch it tonight.

Crash? Doesn't ring a bell, then again I feel like my heads gonna explode.

- Danked - 10-12-2002

I'm so psyched for Band of Brothers to be released on DVD. November 5th. :bouncer:

So am I, I missed it when it was on hbo.

I also didn't see attack of the clones in the theaters so I am waiting with anticipation to see it.

- Goatweed - 10-12-2002

Quote:Crash? Doesn't ring a bell

isn't that the movie where people get off by fucking in cars, and getting involved in accidents? James Spader is in it, i think....

I just got Unforgiven SE, True Romance SE and Starship Troopers SE. ST is a fun movie, and Dina Meyer is hot (even hotter on Birds of Prey). True Romance is a gem of a movie, and it's the only movie I've ever liked Christian Slater in. And Unforgiven is just about the best western movie you'll ever see - period.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 10-12-2002

Sweet, I was looking into the combo DVD/VHS too, but was told not to buy it. The sales guy said that if one piece goes, the whole unit is shot to shit...he said it's better to buy a cheaper DVD player and just keep the VCR.

- drusilla - 10-12-2002

Quote:isn't that the movie where people get off by fucking in cars, and getting involved in accidents? James Spader is in it, i think....

yup, that's the one. so hot.

Quote:True Romance SE

That's one I ain't got which I want.

The scene between Walken and Dennis Hopper inspired the whole eggplant post, how sad.

- criticslovesnatch - 10-12-2002

I got resevoir dogs (Mr. Pink) and pulp fiction the day they came out. More recently I bought Season 3 of The Sopranos and the first 2 seasons of the Simpsons. Good stuff.

- drusilla - 10-13-2002

hey cls. since our fight thread got deleted can we make up now? but no making fun of minor threat anymore.

& i want the mr. blonde version i love him