CDIH
Roster trade and brock lesnar vs lennox lewis - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Roster trade and brock lesnar vs lennox lewis (/showthread.php?tid=3761)

Pages: 1 2

- Teenweek - 10-12-2002

- It is reported that somtime after WWE No Mercy the very first roster trade will occur. It is reported that it will be a HUGE trade, and is reported that you can expect it to be Raw trading Jeff Hardy for Smackdown Superstar Edge. This is only rumored but from sources it is reported that WWE wants to reunite Edge & Christian and The Hardyz, to help with the current Tag team situation, which WWE is taking very seriously.

PLease Credit Dave Of Wrestling Observer For The Following)

WWE and Lennox Lewis's people have had at least 2 meetings over the past 2 weeks regarding the boxer possibly taking on Brock Lesnar sometime in 2003. No deal has been reached and the only thing that has been agreed upon is to continue discussions.

At this point, it seems to be a longshot that a deal between Lewis and WWE can be reached. The main reason for this is that Lewis demands that the fight be a total shoot. While WWE does not have a problem with that, the problem comes up in regards to the rules. With Lewis being a boxer and Lesnar being a wrestler, how the rules are set up will go along way in who will actually win the bout.

The original date that was talked about was WWE No Way Out next February, but that date has been axed due to the Lennox Lewis/Vitali Klitschko Heavyweight Title fight being pushed back to February 1st. The date now being discussed is No Mercy of next year.

Traditionally, a match of this magnitude would happen at WrestleMania, but if it happens, it will be a shoot and Lewis would not want to fight Brock just 1-2 months after defending his Heavyweight Title against Klitschko.

The Lewis camp started talks with a $7.5 million dollar asking price.

Vince McMahon is said to be extremely excited over the potential Lewis/Brock shoot fight, but again, for now it seems unlikely that both sides will be able to work out a deal.

- GonzoStyle - 10-12-2002

Quote:WWE and Lennox Lewis's people have had at least 2 meetings over the past 2 weeks regarding the boxer possibly taking on Brock Lesnar sometime in 2003. No deal has been reached and the only thing that has been agreed upon is to continue discussions.

Ok I have lost any and all respect for him even meeting to discuss this. He is the fuckin heavyweight champion of the world. He is turning down fighting top contendors for millions of dollars, yet he is even considering this? Are you fuckin kidding me, he best relinquish his title and retire from boxing. He is holding back a crop of young fighters who will not get their shot cause he doesn't deem them "worthy".

I hate brits!!!

- The Jays - 10-12-2002

.. great.... another useless match that will be a total suckfest... and is it me or is Brock not over yet?

- GonzoStyle - 10-12-2002

Brock lost a lot when they let taker man handle him, even though brock won the match. He lost that aura of being invincible. He doesn't have or atleast hasn't had a match where someone has put him over yet. He needs a mick foley, but I think they are realizing it and naturally giving him the "put over" match. The Hell in the cell with ofcourse the undertaker.

- PatCooper - 10-12-2002

For some odd reason i see Taker winning the HIC match. And im not jumping on the Brock bandwagon. I dont like him. Sure he shows lots of brute strength but his wrestling skills suck and he has NO mic presence.

- Sir O - 10-13-2002

I can't see Lesnar vs. Lewis ever taking place. As good as Lennox Lewis is, I doubt he'd stand a chance in a total shoot against a skilled wrestler (Lesnar being a NCAA champion certainly qualifies him as being skilled). All Brock would have to do is stay low and take down the leg and it would be over in a heartbeat. In the 50's, Buddy Rogers defeated Joe Walcott in similar fashion.

Of course, there's also the Ali/Inoki fight from '76, but that was far from a shoot as Inoki was warned by the Yakuza not to lay a hand on Ali. This resulted in a total snoozefest, with Inoki remaining in the crab position for the duration of the match, kicking away at Ali's shins and not letting him get close enough to lay a punch in.

- krahzee - 10-13-2002

Quote:He needs a mick foley, but I think they are realizing it and naturally giving him the "put over" match. The Hell in the cell with ofcourse the undertaker.

Sure, but they of course had to have Taker's hand busted to do it first. No way he would ever beat Taker cleanly without some sort of excuse like this built into the storylines.

And Vince wonders why it's hard to get some of these guys over...... Undecided

- Teenweek - 10-13-2002

Anyone wanna bet Matt Hardy costs Undertaker the belt at Hell in the Cell and Undertaker makes him famous off the top of Hell in a cell.

- JerseyThunder - 10-13-2002

Quote:I hate brits!!!

Nuthin worse than an uppity limey nigger :fuckoff:

- GonzoStyle - 10-13-2002

Quote:Of course, there's also the Ali/Inoki fight from '76, but that was far from a shoot as Inoki was warned by the Yakuza not to lay a hand on Ali. This resulted in a total snoozefest, with Inoki remaining in the crab position for the duration of the match, kicking away at Ali's shins and not letting him get close enough to lay a punch in.

:loveya:

- Gooch - 10-13-2002

Quote:Of course, there's also the Ali/Inoki fight from '76, but that was far from a shoot as Inoki was warned by the Yakuza not to lay a hand on Ali. This resulted in a total snoozefest, with Inoki remaining in the crab position for the duration of the match, kicking away at Ali's shins and not letting him get close enough to lay a punch in.

Just as a FYI, Vince's McMahon actually was the man who put this together along with other promoters. It was his brainchild. So, with this in mind, and Vince's need to get WWE into the livingroom of non-fans and old fans, he feels that this is best route. And, Lennox won't happen....

But Tyson will. Mark my words. Prob is that Brock is too large for Tyson, and Lennox is the better choice. As for a shoot fight...yeah right. Sure, a shoot.

But imagine how much covergae a Tyson vs. Brock fight would give Vince and co. Tyson, at this point, has nothing to lose.

Lennox is more of a lark, at this point.

Both scenarios have much potential to being a clusterfuck, though. Vince seems to have a clsterfuck streak in him (Ali vs. Inoki, Evil Knevil's non-jump on PPV, XFL, buying WCW).

- Sir O - 10-14-2002

Quote:Vince seems to have a clsterfuck streak in him (Ali vs. Inoki, Evil Knevil's non-jump on PPV, XFL, buying WCW).
Not to mention the WBF, Icopro, the Sugar Ray Leonard fight that lost him a ton of money, his two biggest cash cows leaving - one for Hollywood, the other because he got sick of all the BS, the current clusterfuck that is the "brand extension", WWFNY, etc. For someone who is considered by so many to be a genius, he certainly seems to fail more often than he succeeds.

But back to the subject at hand, I agree that Tyson/Lesnar is more likely to happen than Lewis/Lesnar. Tyson is simply a bigger draw and more marketable than Lewis. I also think Kurt Angle would be a better choice than Lesnar, simply because he's a more accomplished amateur wrestler and should be the one to represent WWE in all of this. If the goal is to attract new fans to the product (and considering how costly it would be, it better), they'd really need for this to come off as legit as possible, because going in, the perception would be that this is just another "McMahon circus". Proving his critics right is the last thing he needs right now, and if this whole plan does come into fruition and ends up as a giant clusterfuck, it could potentially be disastrous for a company that's already struggling.

- Keyser Soze - 10-14-2002

What is a "total shoot" ?

Would this be a real fight or a WWE style choregraphed one?

- Jack - 10-14-2002

Total shoot is a fight that is not choreographed and not fixed. Shoot means that it is 100% real.

- The Jays - 10-14-2002

... shoot fight is where stuff is planned, and a winner is known, but the punches and moves are real... I remember that MTV wrestling special where Tony Atlas was trying to get back on the circuit by having a shoot fight with a girl... he couldn't hit her , but she was able to go buck wild on him...

- krahzee - 10-14-2002

Quote:But back to the subject at hand, I agree that Tyson/Lesnar is more likely to happen than Lewis/Lesnar. Tyson is simply a bigger draw and more marketable than Lewis.

I agree. That said it might not be, if only because wherever they have that PPV the athletic commision of that state is alot more likely to jump down Vince's throat if it is Tyson.

With all of the guys on his roster past and presentaccused of taking steroids, I don't see this happening simply because Vince wouldn't want to draw thier heat. There is already one state ( don't remember which one) that forces wrestlers to take physical before shows. As a result, the WWE hasn't done a show there in a few years at least.

- Teenweek - 10-14-2002

Quote:There is already one state ( don't remember which one) that forces wrestlers to take physical before shows. As a result, the WWE hasn't done a show there in a few years at least.

I think it's Portland.

- Gooch - 10-14-2002

i will guarantee you that it will be advertised as a shoot, but in reality, be completely choreographed.

- Teenweek - 10-14-2002

Quote:i will guarantee you that it will be advertised as a shoot, but in reality, be completely choreographed.
Why, they did that boxing thing (forgot the name) and that was totally real. I remember they were promoting Bart Gunn vs Butterbean and Butterbean cleaned his fucking clock.

- Gooch - 10-14-2002

That ended Bart Gunn's WWF career.