CDIH
Ffx: the true story! - Mega spoilers inside, you were warned! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Ffx: the true story! - Mega spoilers inside, you were warned! (/showthread.php?tid=383)

- Sean Cold - 02-10-2002

Let me begin by saying that this was both the best action/adventure game and the worst RPG ever! Linear doesn't even begin to describe this shit fest. The whoile premise for this fuckin game is pretty much laid out in the first few hours. No free roaming till the end, every event has to be done in order, what am I playing, an overproduced and over hyped Mario Bros? Roly Playing means you take total fuckin control and not duped in to thinking you have control by shovin a nifty sphere grid up your ass and promoting it as an RPG! damn squaresoft to hell for this game.

Graphicly, it is hands down the most beautiful game ever made. But the story? Just like the fuckin movie, the story seemed to be nothing but a mother fuckin afterthought to the whole game. And, what ius with that fuckin ending anyway? I logged 130+ hours and you get that nice lovely epty feeling at the end, ho pleasent. You run through the credits and what's this, is Tidus alive? Is he evil now? Well, fucked if I know, they ended it on him fuckin swimming god damn it!

The voice overs: My fuckin god, who came up with the white jamacian athlete anyway? Wakka's voise is quite possibly the most annoying video game sound this side of jumping a barrel in Donkey Kong! And, why wasn't he just fuckin fuming when he met Jecht? Hey asshole, thats the guy who wasted your brother!

Lulu, the virgin dominatrix, oh joy, what character development they spent there!

And the Lengendary Weapons? You don't even fuckin need them. it is nothing more than a waste of quite a few hours!

Square with my 50 bucks--> :dead:<--me when i am done

- Lord Magus - 02-11-2002

A few notes...
1. Sean is absolutely correct.. this game is even MORE linear than the ORIGINAL Final Fantasy..
while ALL the FF's move you from plot point to plot point.. you almost always HAVE to figure out where to go next.. this one either throws you right there, or gives you bright neon signs showing you the way.
The only thing very open in this one is character development with the sphere grid.. and even THAT isn't very open until later in the game.

2. As far as story.. I have to disagree with Sean on this one.. I think the story (with the usual amount lost in translation) was well thought out (certainly at least as well as 8 and 9).. the PROBLEM lies in the fact that unlike EVERY previous FF, FFX is NOT an epic triumphant fantasy.. but is instead a tragedy.. and many FF fans expecting the usual style of story will be disappointed.

- Sean Cold - 02-11-2002

Lord Magus Wrote:2. As far as story.. I have to disagree with Sean on this one.. I think the story (with the usual amount lost in translation) was well thought out (certainly at least as well as 8 and 9).. the PROBLEM lies in the fact that unlike EVERY previous FF, FFX is NOT an epic triumphant fantasy.. but is instead a tragedy.. and many FF fans expecting the usual style of story will be disappointed.
Well, then they should have used this story for the movie so then maybe it would have made then three dollars per screen.

Or, how Wakka would put it:

Maybe we should use dis story fo da movie, yah?

- 82-1012268026 - 02-11-2002

Heh... I'll give my opinion (The one that matters when it pertains to FF) in the morning... Gak gak gak.

:drool:

- Sephiroth - 02-13-2002

Overall, I was disappointed in the game. It was faaaaaar to linear. You went from point A to B to C, that was it. And it has absoluelty no replay value. Sure, it had side quests, but they really didnt do much for the story. In previous FF games (especially 7), the reason you did the side-quests was to find out more about the story-line (You never would have found about about the true connection between Cloud and Sephiroth if you never did the Shinra Mansion side-quest, nor would you have found Vincent as a playable character). The side-quests in FFX were to get the ultimate weapons, thats it. And since the final boss was SO PATHETICALLY EASY, if your chracters were leveled up enough you could have easily skipped those missions altogther. Visually, it is the best FF, hands down. Storywise, it's up there with Shaq-Fu.

- Hybrid - 02-13-2002

shaq fu ruled. :lol:

the last boss of ffx is horrible. a black orb thing? wtf !

- The Dragon - 02-14-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:Let me begin by saying that this was both the best action/adventure game and the worst RPG ever! Linear doesn't even begin to describe this shit fest. The whoile premise for this fuckin game is pretty much laid out in the first few hours. No free roaming till the end, every event has to be done in order, what am I playing, an overproduced and over hyped Mario Bros? Roly Playing means you take total fuckin control and not duped in to thinking you have control by shovin a nifty sphere grid up your ass and promoting it as an RPG! damn squaresoft to hell for this game.

Graphicly, it is hands down the most beautiful game ever made. But the story? Just like the fuckin movie, the story seemed to be nothing but a mother fuckin afterthought to the whole game. And, what ius with that fuckin ending anyway? I logged 130+ hours and you get that nice lovely epty feeling at the end, ho pleasent. You run through the credits and what's this, is Tidus alive? Is he evil now? Well, fucked if I know, they ended it on him fuckin swimming god damn it!

The voice overs: My fuckin god, who came up with the white jamacian athlete anyway? Wakka's voise is quite possibly the most annoying video game sound this side of jumping a barrel in Donkey Kong! And, why wasn't he just fuckin fuming when he met Jecht? Hey asshole, thats the guy who wasted your brother!

Lulu, the virgin dominatrix, oh joy, what character development they spent there!

And the Lengendary Weapons? You don't even fuckin need them. it is nothing more than a waste of quite a few hours!

Square with my 50 bucks--> :dead:<--me when i am done
Thank you so much for saying this. I said the game sucked and no one belived me. You summed up my sentiments exactly. Anyone know how much I can get for the game if i sell it to EB Games?