CDIH
Would you go back? - Completely hypothetical. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Would you go back? - Completely hypothetical. (/showthread.php?tid=3836)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- ClusterF@#$ - 10-17-2002

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask.... or if anyone gives an f... but I figured I'd ask anyway, because it has been on my mind.

What if oa.com came back? When I say oa.com... I don't neccesarily mean that place specifically... it could be another site, another URL... whatever. A Generic OA message board even. I've even seen some ex-.com'ers in other oa sites already. Would you return/join a new one? What if it was under new 'management'? Does O and A being off the air make this a completely moot point? Are they still even topical enough to devote a place to them?

Just asking cuz a lot of us were impartial to the whole shannaigans that happened. A lot of us were just fans of the show, trying to hang out, meet new people, have a few laughs, etc. Just trying to get a consensus from others that are like me.... pretty unbiased and impartial (not having any beefs with ANY of the players in that place's demise, because honestly... it's none of my fucking business. The only way I am affected by it is that all my posts are gone... my funny ass status is gone.... the good times and all the laughs I had.... gone.) Shit... even Gonzo has said he missed that place, and we all know he has every right to spit on it.

Do you have the need for an OA forum specifically, or does a general site like this make you happy? Me personally, I like both places. I miss the old place. I miss the O and A aspect considering that's what brought me there in the first place.... but all the funny fuckers that I give two damns about are here anyway.

Discuss.... delete.... or move along. Just thinking out loud.

- Buttmunch - 10-17-2002

Interesting thought...

- NaughtyAngel - 10-17-2002

ive been asked to go to other O&A boards but i have told the people no i wont join, whats the point? we all stayed at OA.com after the show ended cause i mean we were already there. but now to sign up to a new one, why would you?

You forgot the sarcasm tags.

- OAS - 10-17-2002

I thought this was the alternative? And who are O&A again?

- Sloatsburgh - 10-17-2002

I am at an OA fan board....

- Hybrid - 10-17-2002

no point in joining a board for a show that doesnt exist. the only reason i stayed at the other one is because of the people that posted. now it's dead.

- The Sleeper - 10-17-2002

you need to work on shortening your thoughts or your head will explode.

I should have learned that from Teenweek. Oh wait.. those are OTHER PEOPLE's long thoughts.

- Teenweek - 10-17-2002

maybe if they came back. but if people here wanted to talk about them, all you have to do is just change one of the forums or add a forum here if you want to talk about O&A. like was said, the people who made that board are all over here.

edit***
you are real jokester there jackass

Edited By Teenweek on 1034879047

- Keyser Soze - 10-17-2002

In our Entertainment Unlimited forum you can discuss O&A to your hearts content.

- nerdo5 - 10-17-2002

oa.com served it's purpose, as far as i'm concerned. i met several people with whom i enjoyed chatting, since we all had something in common, to start. now, though, the show is gone, and i'm almost past the "remember the time" stuff, so i've moved on to here. it's most of the same people, and moslty the same type of bantering and jokes, but has nothing to do with o&a specifically. if what ftl says went on did in fact occur, i may not even go back to listening to the show, as i, too, find ant to be somewhat of a fraud. i guess the long and the short of it is, if amy goes back, i will, too. it's kinda like college. college rocked, but if i tried to go back now, all of my friends would be gone, and it would seem somewhat more empty, and more pathetic. it would be, therefor not as fun.

Just busting balls TW. Smile

- diceisgod - 10-17-2002

All I wanted was them to remove one banner and I would have stayed. Once Liqiud Piss and that rag tried to defend it the site got what was coming to it. I have tried wackbag, and it is probably the most pathetic site I've ever seen. If O&A ever go back on the air and there is an alternative to fagbag that has decent traffic, posters, and management I may check it out.

- fbd - 10-17-2002

no reason to go back. show's gone, and even if it wasnt, all the people who i enjoyed are either a)here, or b)won't be here or there(just gone...talked to a few people, they've left it all)

- Goatweed - 10-17-2002

Quote:I have tried wackbag, and it is probably the most pathetic site I've ever seen
You're just coming to this realization now? That board is like the Land of Misfit Toys, except you don't feel sorry for them.

Edited By goatweed on 1034879890

- Jack - 10-17-2002

I would probably check it out just because I am always looking for places to chat/converse.

- diceisgod - 10-17-2002

Quote:You're just coming to this realization now?
One must go there in order to realize. 47 (beautiful, I might add) posts and you might be able to find about 6 of them. I dunno maybe we just got off to a bad start.

- Goatweed - 10-17-2002

Quote:One must go there in order to realize
True, but I found lurking that board for a few days was proof positive that it wasn't worth the keystrokes to join there. Sorry to hear you had to actually experience it :-(

yeah... wackbag definitely blows. I was on another site just looking and design was sweet... very similar to .com but it just didn't feel like I could find myself at home there. Maybe cuz it was new... maybe cuz it was foreign. Maybe cuz O and A are not on anymore. Maybe I'm just partial. Like I said.. this place already feels like home just because of the people here. No settling or acclimating needed.

Edited By ClusterF@#$ on 1034880476