CDIH
Your war is about to start - Any idea who plans on fighting it? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Your war is about to start - Any idea who plans on fighting it? (/showthread.php?tid=3839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- OAS - 10-17-2002

An interesting question was posed to the student body at Fordham University last evening by MSNBC’s Hardball's Chris Matthews. The student body in attendance for an interview with John McCain was asked two questions. The first was how many supported a war against Iraq. An overwhelming majority cheered loudly in favor of a war. Matthews then asked for students that were willing to enlist and fight in that war to stand up. Only a handful did.

Can you youngsters answer a question for me? Who in the f is going to fight this war? It will be a long, bloody war with all kinds of ugly scenarios that can make it turn very bad, very fast. Do you want peace and freedom but expect someone else to fight it for you? Are you all pussies? Where does your generation think freedom comes from? A Cracker Jacks box?

I know, I remind you of your flag waving, WWII great grandfather. Go ahead, give me Hell you gah Damn no good disrespectful, ungrateful whiper snappers. :twak:

- diceisgod - 10-17-2002

Chris Matthews has always been my hero.

- Sloatsburgh - 10-17-2002

Well, all the teenagers are getting laid on a regular basis. It's not like in the 40s where you had to say "I'm shipping out tomorrow. I don't know if I'm coming back" in order to get laid.

I'm to old to fight, but hand me a dragonov, and I'll hang out at 2 miles off on the right flank. (The medics will run in, infect everyone and capture the flag.)

- fbd - 10-17-2002

this war, i would not fight in. i might have joined a year ago if i was old enough, but i wont be enlisting unless i agree with the war, and so far, iraq hasnt done anything in a few years. if it escalates and gets to a point where i AM in favor of fighting, i'd probably enlist and do something, but probably not a front line job

- Galt - 10-17-2002

The US has the largest all volunteer army in the world.

Not worried about finding people to fight for the US.

I'd be worried if it was a bunch of pussyfags like some from your generation who had to be drafted to do anything, then ended up skipping the country or lying in a foxhole pulling their puds when the shit was going down.

- Zootybang - 10-17-2002

You do realize, Fbgjshzd, that If Iraq does do something to provoke a war, that by that point we'll be missing a few cities, right? We're not going to war over something they did. We're going to war to prevent them from developing and using nuclear weapons.
I already served 5 years In the service, and i'm still technically In the military for another year, so chances are I'll be recalled anyway, so I guess thats my answer.

- OAS - 10-17-2002

Quote:I'd be worried if it was a bunch of pussyfags like some from your generation who had to be drafted to do anything, then ended up skipping the country or lying in a foxhole pulling their puds when the shit was going down.
Galt, until you slit the throat of an enemy soldier, or crawl your worthless ass across a desert floor into an abandoned building and wait for hours to place your silencer on the back of some Islamic fucks head pull the trigger and watch his head disenegrate, SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH!

Oh, and when the draft gets reactivated in a few months, make sure your registered and make sure you take plenty of depends on your first mission.

- Arthur Dent - 10-17-2002

Quote:You do realize, Fbgjshzd, that If Iraq does do something to provoke a war, that by that point we'll be missing a few cities, right?

Only if he hands 'em over to be hand delivered by Al Queda. Otherwise, it'll Isreal and probably Saudi Arabia that feel the heat.

So, even if this shit hits the fan like 'Nam, I'm just old enough not to get drafted anymore. But, i tell you. If this sniper is Al Queda and the shit hits the fan right here, with stuff going off all over, I'll volunteer to do whatever is necessary.

And, I'm too set in my ways to have some D.I. screaming in my face without screaming right back. :lol:

- QuickStop - 10-17-2002

yeah...im not too keen on that whole being shot thing, so i'll just sit home.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 10-17-2002

Consciption army are not bad when they have something fighting for or are very highly trained. The Wermacht was amazing because they trained their conscripted soldiers well. The Red Army in WW2 was so tough because they were fighting for their very existence.

In the current situation, a draft would be bad as a volunteer army would serve US needs a lot more.

- Arthur Dent - 10-17-2002

Don't worry about a draft. Pentagon doctine is to maintain a large enough standing army to fight two conflicts in two different parts of the world at the same time.

Oh, wait. We're still in Afghanistan. And there's trouble with Al Queda in the Philipines... And North Korea just admitted to their nuclear weapons program... And Pakistan keeps testing new missiles... And Russia is bankrupt, desperate, and not liking our plans for Iraq... And the Dutch government collapsed this week... And our economy sucks...

Uh, you college kids better fill out those draft cards.

- diceisgod - 10-17-2002

Quote:Galt, until you slit the throat of an enemy soldier, or crawl your worthless ass across a desert floor into an abandoned building and wait for hours to place your silencer on the back of some Islamic fucks head pull the trigger and watch his head disenegrate, SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH!

This reminds me of that episode of All in the Family, when the Meathead brought over a draft dodger for Christmas dinner and then Archie went apeshit when he found out. I have no idea why but it did.

- PatCooper - 10-17-2002

Is this war gonna be televised? If so i'm so there.

- Cunk - 10-17-2002

Can't we send over all the baby boomers? Aren't they going to be bogging down our country anyway once they start hitting old age? We can kill two birds with one stone. Just have Jimmy Buffet play for the troops--that'll keep 'em happy.

- Noellevious - 10-18-2002

If he asked students at a university the question, they obviously do not want to, themselves, fight in a war, or they would already be in the service.

Not everyone wants to make that sacrifice, and why should they? It's b/c this country has such freedoms that they can have the choice to attend college and become what they want to be. We can have the chicken and the egg argument about why we have such freedoms, but things are the way they are.

The people who are willing to fight wars are already in uniform, so stop complaining about it.

Edited By Noellevious on 1034899431

- Mad - 10-18-2002

Quote:The people who are willing to fight wars are already in uniform, so stop complaining about it.

This is going to be a different war then we have ever seen. You think planes into buildings was horrible? A sniper or two or three running amok?

They will be taking this up several notches. This war is going to be fought right on this soil.

It has already started. Nobody is willing to tell you because the Government is un-willing to admit it to themselves for fear of causing a huge panic.

You will see more acts of violence against Americans in the coming months. More importantly are you willing to do something about it?

- Noellevious - 10-18-2002

I'll help to the extent that I can, but I'm not uprooting my life, my plans, for anyone or anything.

Out of curiosity, what are you doing?

- Mad - 10-18-2002

Locked and loaded ready to rock'n'roll.

- Keyser Soze - 10-18-2002

There are two types of people.

People with convictions and people who are willing to take action to stand behind those convictions

I think we got ourselves into this war by fucking up royally foriegn policy wise, but the price you pay to have the freedoms we have.

If asked, I will serve. If it comes to the point where more soilders are needed, I will. Does it suck that my life will have to be put on hold? Sure. Does my quality of life depend on me serving or not. In the grand scheme of things, yes.

- OAS - 10-18-2002

Quote:Locked and loaded ready to rock'n'roll.
:thumbs-up:

Noell, I support the freedom of choice not to fight more than you will ever know.

The point was the group is of the age that needs to fight this war, your groups generation. For the record, I do not agree with this war on the basis we are building to fight it. That said, once we fight it, we need to win it. I have said before and I will say this again, 9/11 was the begining of WWIII. Most people just don't realize it yet.

There was a reason we stopped short of going after Sadaam last time. The official government position was we didn't have the support of, nor did we want to upset the coalition. If you knew the real reason, you would get very ill of thought of what was next for us.

If we do not avert war, there will not be enough troops that are currently enlisted to last beyond 1 1/2 years. We will be fighting on more than one front. There will be a draft. Start accepting that fact.