CDIH
Your children are not safe.... - More sniper shit - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Your children are not safe.... - More sniper shit (/showthread.php?tid=3910)

- kindred - 10-22-2002

I know there is a thread on this sniper business...but the sheriff just came out with an announcement saying "your children are not safe". I can't imagine if I lived back there and had to deal with this. How can this happen? You can't let children out because of some sicko with a gun. Or, if it's not that, there is some sicko out there ready to molest or kill them.

I just got chills when I heard that.

- Arthur Dent - 10-22-2002

I heard an editorial that was dead on. In many ways, this is more terrifying than 9/11, cause 9/11, the actual event not the repercussions, ended. This guy is still out there disrupting everyone's lives in the area. Everyone in his circle of influence is looking over their shoulders and changing their routines. Outdoor events are all canceled and schools are closing.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 10-22-2002

I wish I knew who this guy was...I'm curious as to what gets into your head to start doing something like this...

- Weird NJ - 10-22-2002

Quote:I'm curious as to what gets into your head to start doing something like this...
Terrorism

- Sloatsburgh - 10-22-2002

Still pissed about the prom.

- nerdo5 - 10-22-2002

this person has issues. they did bring up that he was potentially sexually frustrated, but i think it just made him madder. they must be close, though, because he's taking more risks, to increase his hit count. how much would this suck if it was a disturbed teen who played too much gta3? and had no concept of the severity of the situation.

- kindred - 10-22-2002

Quote:and had no concept of the severity of the situation.
Oh, I think he has a grasp on the severity of what he is doing. I believe that is why he is taunting the police and media. The media points out he doesn't shoot anyone on the weekend, and poof! one down on a Saturday. He is very calculating and cunning. He knows exactly what he's doing. It makes me sick to my stomach.

- nerdo5 - 10-22-2002

good point. i think he's tuned in heavily into the press. he does seem to cater to them.

- LyricalGomez - 10-22-2002

Yeah, all outdoor school events have been cancelled since this started....Most leagues are considering just cancelling the end of their seasons since it's coming up on being just 7 weeks left in the entire season.

It's weird when you get gas and see people either standing in line at Full service of jumping out of their cars, start to pump their gas and immediatlly jump back in.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 10-22-2002

I think this dude has a God complex...he thinks it's ok to snuff out another person's life because he can...

- LyricalGomez - 10-22-2002

That line from Red Dragon came to mind after the first couple of shootings

"Why won't this stop?"

"Because it makes him feel like God, would you give that up?"

- Is Don on the phone? - 10-22-2002

Quote:In many ways, this is more terrifying than 9/11

Let me know when he breaks 3,000 dead, and then it is more terrifying than 9/11. And the idea that the attack is over is self-blinding, tell that the families Al Qaeda's victims, in this country and others. Anyone who thinks 9/11 was a one shot war is sadly mistaken. They want to make this sniper look like a slacker.

The press harping on this guy is what is driving the terror over the sniper. If they only reported when they had something new, instead of putting the same story on for six minutes of every 30 minutes of news, then maybe people would realize that as random and scary as this guy is, he is not as much of a threat to your daily life.

- Lou Weed - 10-23-2002

Does the death penalty exist in the areas the shootings have taken place?

- diceisgod - 10-23-2002

Quote:Does the death penalty exist in the areas the shootings have taken place?
Not sure. Scared?

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 10-23-2002

That guy doesn't deserve a fast death like that...he should have to serve multiple life sentences...death would be too fun for him...

- trashface - 10-23-2002

I heard that he demanded 10 million in cash but I actually don't think his real motive is money. Looks just like some fucked up guy getting his jollies in blasting people.

- JimmyBlueEyes - 10-23-2002

Oh Fuck who let Lou in here???
This guy wants to touch your kids in naughty places....and then shoot them and piss on the corpse...sweet dreams yo... :wgaf:

- Lord Slug - 10-24-2002

Sad that this is my first post. I probably should have picked a different topic, but what the Hell. I saw a question that asks if this guy can get the death penalty. The answer to that is this; Since this turned into a federal case when he/she/they shot the FBI agent I believe that the death penalty is relavant. If this wasn't a federal case, I don't think that MD has the death penalty but VA certainly does. Either which way, he is going to be going to Hell and the media should go with him.

I was up all last night becuase of the F*n helicopters flying around my apartment with their spot lights. Damn are those things bright. It's like looking into the sun. The woods behind almost caught fire. I am sick of walking around scared. Just because of one person. I should be more frightened of the drive into work and the hour and half commute that I have. I have more chance getting killed in a car wreck than I do with a bullet coming towards my head.

carry on... I'll keep lurking until I know my place, here.
LS

- mikehern - 10-24-2002

I hope that the two guys that they picked up today turn out to be the right people and then this whole thing will be over.

Can you imagine what the trial will be like?

- OAS - 10-24-2002

Lord, go outside take a deep breath, enjoy a nice walk. They got the sniper. The DC area is once again just it's normal old most dangerous city in America.