CDIH
Who would want to blow up cow country?? - Leave my shit-kickin town alone.... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Who would want to blow up cow country?? - Leave my shit-kickin town alone.... (/showthread.php?tid=3962)

- kindred - 10-25-2002

Quote:Sacramento Named In 'Unspecified Terror Threat'
FBI: It Mentioned Sacramento, And It Mentioned New York

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- For the first time ever, Sacramento has been named in an "unspecified terror threat" issued by the FBI.

But authorities are downplaying the threat and encouraging area residents and workers to go about business as usual.

"It just mentioned Oct. 25, and it mentioned Sacramento, and it mentioned New York City," said FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Mason.

Aside from that, the terrorist threat contained no specifics, no potential targets, and no method of attack. Nonetheless, the FBI alerted local authorities just in case.

"It's something I'll think about. It's something I'll think about when I get up and when I come into work. But it's not something that's going stop me from coming to work," said legislative aide Abi Turner.

But some people are worried, namely people who live in the shadow of the massive Elk Grove propane tanks.

But the FBI says this is the same kind of uncorroborated threat that comes in every day with no consequences whatsoever

Why on earth would anyone target Sacramento? Between rice fields and cow pastures, there's not a lot here to destroy! I'm beginning to think the terrorists are really lowering their standards....

I work about 6 blocks from the State Capital. I'll let ya know if I hear a bang!

- OAS - 10-25-2002

Being a Wisconsin native, I strongly protest you alfalpha sprout eating, sun worshiping hippies calling your city a cow town. Please refrain from any other reference of any California location being used in the same sentance as the word cow.

Oh, and I hope you don't get blown up either.

Edited By OAS on 1035559681

- GonzoStyle - 10-25-2002

Cause you bitches had the Lakers all sewn up and choked.

- kindred - 10-25-2002

Don't even get me started on the Kings/Lakers series. And while I wouldn't say the Kings choked, more like a momentary interruption of oxygen to their brains. That and the blindness of the officials.

And TW, I probably pass more cows on my way into work than people. :crackhead:

- Hybrid - 10-25-2002

dont die kindred :disappointed:

- Arthur Dent - 10-25-2002

:lookatme: Kindred. Remember. Duck and Cover!. :loveya:

The kings fuckin choked, webber fuckin choked just like he did in college.

What the fuck is with those cowbells anyway.

- kindred - 10-25-2002

cow country = cow bells Rolleyes duh....

I think it was the coach of the Lakers that made a comment about how hick Sacramento is and how we are cow country. Of course, our local networks played that quote endlessly and now we have those stupid, annoying cowbells at every Damn game.

No matter, really. The Kings are winning it all this year!

Kings ain't winning shit, cause shaq is your fuckin daddy.

- OAS - 10-25-2002

So Kindred, is everybody still around you or have they all vaporized in an x-ray like flash?

Shaq > you

- ClusterF@#$ - 10-25-2002

Quote:more like a momentary interruption of oxygen to their brains.

Two words.... Chris Webber, that scenario would not surprise me. He probably got Vlade pulling tubes now too.

- Danked - 10-25-2002

Gotta have more cowbell!

[Image: saint_walken.gif]

- kindred - 10-25-2002

Sitting in an arena with about 10,000 cowbells ringing in your ear is definitely not music, Danked. But, I'll look for Mr. Walken next time I'm there.....

So far, we're still here OAS. But, my phone hasn't rung in awhile...maybe everyone outside my office has been vaporized! :fart: