CDIH
Ross report for 10-25-02 - Commentated by 1wrestling staff. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Ross report for 10-25-02 - Commentated by 1wrestling staff. (/showthread.php?tid=3967)

- Jack - 10-25-2002

From 1wrestling.com (not so bad with a popup stopper)
Quote:- Ross said that negotiations with Scott Steiner began on October 17th, and that he signed his contract on October 22nd. Ross made it a point to state that Internet reports that they were in negotiations prior to this timeline are incorrect. He said that no decision has been made as to which brand he will be put with. Ross wrote that doctors have stated that Steiner is in great shape. He said there is not set start date yet.

In response to Ross' statement, Dave Scherer wanted me to include the following: "For the record, I once again dispute Jim Ross' account of the Scott Steiner negotiations. As I reported here last month, there was contact between WWE representatives and those of Steiner. I would guess that it's possible that Ross was left out of those preliminary negotiations, as that has happened in the past (for example, Mark Mero and Sable went right over Ross' head and did their deals with Vince McMahon). McMahon has handled other talent negotiations as well. It's also no secret that Johnny Ace is getting a bigger role behind the scenes and perhaps the earlier contact went through him. Perhaps it wasn't "official" or "on the record" or whatever JR wants to call it, but it happened and I talked to a number of people in WWE last month that knew about it. From what WWE sources have told me (sorry Jim), Ross is never happy when he is kept out of the loop on talent deals. That is understandable considering it's his department. Also, I have heard from WWE sources that Ross was not in favor of bringing Steiner in. From what I have been able to find out, it's possible that Ross feels that way because he is a Ric Flair ally and Steiner and Flair aren't on the best of terms. In any event, I stand behind my reporting of the story and think the truth has been borne out."

- He put over the No Mercy from both a talent and technical perspective, mentioning the Undertaker-Lesnar and Angle & Benoit-Edge & Mysterio matches as being outstanding.

- Ross wrote that the Triple H angle was "unfortunately, not viewed as funny or entertaining by some who have expressed themselves very passionately." He said that he expects more controversy in the future, and that the show needs to be diverse and unpredictable. He said that some of the things they do are "edgy" to him, but that he is not in their target demographic. Ross wrote that he is looking forward to seeing what happens next with Raw.

Note from Buck: I can add to this that sources tell me that JR is right about the more controversial direction. We have heard that Vince McMahon plans to continue the "extreme" type of angles that started with the "Kane is a murderer" storyline. As of right now, don't expect those kind of angles to stop. Expect them to intensify.

- He speculated whether Brock Lesnar could give the F5 to Big Show. He said Smackdown next week will have a Halloween theme. Ross reflected on a Halloween Havoc WCW PPV where he, Jim Cornette and Paul Heyman had to dress in costumes.

- Ross wrote that Doug Basham of OVW is ready for the next level. He also praised Rob Conway, Nick Dinsmore, Rene Dupree, Charlie Haas, and Shelton Benjamin.

- He put over Mark Jindrak's progress. as well as Orlando Jordan and Damaja. He said that Matt Morgan, formerly of Tough Enough 2, has a lot of potential.

- He put over Bradshaw's WWE.com updates while he does PR work around the world for the company.

- Ross talked about the Smackdown event in Helsinki, saying over 10,000 fans attended, and no one was injured. He pointed out that Booker T is replacing Undertaker on this tour while he let's injuries heal, and awaits the arrival of his child. Ireland is the next stop for the tour.

- The card for the Rebellion PPV in the UK will have Edge vs. Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit vs. the Guerreros, and a Triple Threat match with Jamie Noble vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Tajiri.

- Ross reminded that Eric Bischoff will be on Byte This today, and wrote "I wanted to join "Mr. Bischoff" on this live forum but my presence was not needed."

- The publishing of the cookbook is on schedule, with the covers finalized this week.

- He put over Test's new ring gear and his angle with Stacy Keibler, the feud between Chris Jericho and Booker T, and the tag team of Lance Storm & William Regal.

- He feels Chris Jericho & Christian will become a "VERY good" team in a short time, but also said they are valuable as singles performers. He also praised John Cena's new role as a heel is good for him.

- Ross said that Jazz, Sean O'Haire, Mark Henry, Kanyon, Maven and Rhyno should be back by the end of the year.

- Kurt Angle had been having some back problems, and will be off some house shows in November so he can heal.

- Bubba Ray Dudley was cleared to return to work, and he is a hundred percent. Ross put him over as being "durable and tough". Kanyon has also been cleared to work, and will head to OVW.

- Billy Gunn is rehabbing his shoulder, but still does not have all feeling back. He will see Dr. James Andrews for an examination. Ross praised Billy, who has had a long run in the company, and that he will make a great road agent someday.

- Maven should be released from doctor's care next week and head to OVW. Rhyno has been doing light workouts, and will meet with Dr. Lloyd Youngblood to see if he can step up his schedule.

- Pat Patterson is rehabbing his shoulder, and should be find in 5 weeks.

- He put over Bobby Heenan's book, mentioning it is in its second printing now.

- Ross wrote about Superstar Billy Graham finally getting his liver transplant, and sent his best wishes to the legend.

- Ross wrote that his roomate at Major League Umpire School, Tim McClelleand is umpiring in the World Series, and closed the report with talk of his Sooners.

So.... what next? Incest Angle?

- The Jays - 10-27-2002

Quote:saying over 10,000 fans attended, and no one was injured.

...as opposed to other showsin Helsinki, where fans maul each other until the streets are flowing with the blood of the non-believers?

- FollowThisLogic - 10-28-2002

Quote:We have heard that Vince McMahon plans to continue the "extreme" type of angles that started with the "Kane is a murderer" storyline. As of right now, don't expect those kind of angles to stop. Expect them to intensify.
Just. Fucking. Great.

- Hybrid - 10-28-2002

too long, didnt read

- GonzoStyle - 10-28-2002

Ross is a fuckin piece of shit, he should stick to announcing, period.

- The Jays - 10-28-2002

But he sucks at announcing too. Can't we just have Triple H break his arm every week? I mean, every one else jobs to him....