CDIH
Ward vs Gatti 2 - This saturday on HBO. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Ward vs Gatti 2 - This saturday on HBO. (/showthread.php?tid=4223)

- Teenweek - 11-19-2002

I did not see the first fight but from everything I heard I cannot wait to see this one.

Quote:WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING
On November 23, HBO's World Championship Boxing presents a rematch of one of the most exciting fights of our time. Micky Ward vs. Arturo Gatti 2.

The last time these two warriors met on Boxing After Dark last May, Micky Ward edged out a decision against Gatti in a back and forth battle for the ages. Can they do it again?

- Teenweek - 11-23-2002

might as well remind people.

- FAST FREDDY - 11-24-2002

The first fight was awesome. They will most likely show alot of it before the fight tonight.

Confusedmokey:

- FAST FREDDY - 11-24-2002

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>AWESOME!</span>

If youre not watching this fight, turn it on NOW! Its a fucking brawl!

Confusedmokey:

- HollywoodJewMoses - 11-24-2002

that was amazing

- Galt - 11-24-2002

Ummmm, that fight sucked balls.

The first fight was actually good. Anything in comparison is like two 2nd grade retarded girls fighting.

- Sir O - 11-24-2002

The fight tonight was very good. The first was an all time classic. It's really unfair to compare anything to Gatti/Ward I.

The third round was great, with Gatti knocking Ward down, then coming with a nice flurry after he got up...I thought the fight was over. Then Ward kind of shrugged off the beating, made a cool "bring it on" gesture, and then had him stunned seconds later with a flurry and a hard left.

Anyone else catch the two low-blows early by Gatti (one in the first, one in the second)?

- Keyser Soze - 11-24-2002

fuck, i better catch the replay.

- The Sleeper - 11-24-2002

these boxing threads just aren't the same without Gonzo posting a 3 page rant before and after the fight.

- crx girl - 11-27-2002

it's on hbo2 right now, if anybody cares

- GonzoStyle - 11-27-2002

The fight was great in my opinion. Unlike shane mosley who lost all hope and desire after being rocked in the 2nd round of his fight with Vernon Forrest. What Mickey Ward pulled off in the 3rd round gave me goosebumps, I could not believe my eyes. It did remind me of the 9th round of the 1st Ward Vs. Gatti fight, when ward floored gatti with his bread and butter punch, the left hook to the body. Gatti somehow got up and managed to dominate the last 30 seconds.

Ward's problem was he thought he could lure Gatti into a brawl once again. Gatti boxed a perfect fight, especially from the 5th round on. He kept ward away with the jab, held him when he got in close and countered him perfectly. Ward showed amazing guts, him begging Gatti to hit him after Gatti pulverized him with body shots was reminscent of the 10th round between Bowe & Holyfield.

Ward was in this fight even though the scoring may not have shown it, this fight coulda ended at any point. Gatti knew there was practically no way he could KO ward but he also knew Ward could KO him, so he didn't fall for any traps.

There has to be a third fight, to not have a rubber match after 20 of the most amazing rounds I have seen in ages would be a travesty. Forget Lewis, Mosley, Barrera, Morales, all of them. This is the fight we wanna see, I assure you no one will be dissapointed.

Enjoy it while you can though, whatever fight ward takes next will be his last.

- PeterDragon - 11-28-2002

Ward was interviewed by Wally Mathews & Tom Keegan this past week.
He said in the 3rd round Gatti hit him behind the ear, and it affected his balance for the rest of the fight. He gave credit to Gatti for a great "game plan", and said he might retire if there isn't a Gatti-Ward 3 (which he does expect will happen)

- GonzoStyle - 11-29-2002

Ward has stated several times in recent interviews that he would fight 2 more fights. One of which was the second Gatti fight, if he woulda won he would have most probably recieved a title shot against Kostya Tszyu.

So a 3rd Gatti fight is inevitable, it might be both fighters biggest paydays. Both recieved their biggest paydays for this last fight.

Ward's word is bong, he is not like most fighters. He will never be caught saying a bad word about any fighter, even if they bad mouth him. If you watched the fight you saw he got hit with a lot of low blows but never complained, most fighters woulda bitched. He respects all fighters and his fans, he is a class act and one Hell of a fighter. Even in his losses he leaves an impression, you know a mickey ward fight, that's why even with double digit losses on his record he gets mad respect.

I feel bad that he got screwed last year by Jessie James Leija. Ward was beating Leija and then their was a clash of heads and Leija pulled out of the fight and Ward lost the fight. Beating Leija woulda gotten ward a title shot. Then again he didn't get it and instead fought Gatti in his next fight, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Cause now he's a household name and got more money and exposure than he coulda expected.