CDIH
N.f.l. divisional playoffs. - Time to win a fuckin cookie - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: N.f.l. divisional playoffs. - Time to win a fuckin cookie (/showthread.php?tid=43)

Pages: 1 2

- Sean Cold - 01-14-2002

Make your picks to win a cookie for this weeks playoff games!

Quote:Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Bears
Two defensive minded team square off in what very well can be the last game played at Soilder Field. If McNabb is not contained, the eagles will sore straight to the title game. Be weary though. The Bears have a knack for getting the job done at home this year, winning two games in OT with defense.

My Pick: Bears

Quote:Oakland Raiders @ New England Patriots
Oakland is traveling to the cold, dreay state of Mass. for this one. They have to be kicking themselves in the ass for this would have been in Oakland if they one of their last three games. The Pats truely do not impress me in the least. I think Jerry Rice is the difference here.

My Pick: Raiders

Quote:Green Bay Packers @ St.Louis Rams
***game of the week***
Brett Farve and co. take on the greatest show on earth. I love farve, but, this is a tough pill to swallow. What kind of defensive plan do you come up with to stop The MVP in Kurt Warner and last year's and runner up MVP this year, Marshall Faulk? I think with Farve's arm alone, it becomes intresting, but, that does not equate to a win.

My Pick: Rams

Quote:Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburg Steelers
This game truely has ugly written all over it. The Ravens proved to be in playoff form with thier drubbing of the Phins. Defensively, they are ready, but Grbac is still a question mark even after a great game. Kordell Stewart on the other hand, had a MVP caliber season and seems ready to go. The return of the bus makes them a very dangerous team.

My Pick: Ravens

- AdolescentMasturbator - 01-14-2002

Bears beat Philly by a tight margin in my view.

I agree with the Raiders choice. There is no way that the Pats can stop them offensively.

As for GB vs. SL I'm pulling for GB but it will be a very tough one indeed. If Favre can pull off the passing game it will totally open up the running game with Ahman Green and give them a very good chance of winnng.

And the Ravens. Their defense is just amazingly good.

- Spitfire - 01-14-2002

OK, my picks:

Eagles - they're better on the road anyway
Patriots - been the long-shot all season
Rams - Sad
Steelers ::crosses fingers::

- Grumpy - 01-14-2002

Eagles by a slim margin.
Raiders, especially if they're demented fans go with them to NE.
GreenBay - the momento is gonna keep them goin.
Steelers - The ravens should have this one but I think Pittsburgh is gonna pull this game right out of their ass in an upset.

- Keyser Soze - 01-15-2002

Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Bears

The Bears have surprised everyone this year coming out of nowhere to become one of the most dominant teams in the league along with the Rams and Steelers. The Eagles win their division by default among a group of the saddest teams in the NFL. Da Bears all da way. Bring along Ditka and the Bears on a bus and we can all re-live those golden days of Bears gone by.

My Pick: Da Bears

Oakland Raiders @ New England Patriots

The finest wine in the NFL, Jerry Rice, paired with the part time running back Rich Gannon make this what would appear to be a fearsome opponent but the Raiders showed alot of cracks in the past few weeks. The Raiders lost a tight game to the Jets and look to play a Pats team I can honestly say I only know one player on (Brady). I like the Black and Silver to finally show us their Dr. Jeckl side this week and play like it was week 3 again.

My Pick: Raiders

Green Bay Packers @ St.Louis Rams

***game of the week***
If anyone can stop the best team in the NFL its Brett Farve. You simply can never count this guy out, which in turn means you can never count out the cheeseheaded packers. Look for this to be closer than expected with a shootout between Brett and Kurt.

My Pick: Rams

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburg Steelers

Meeting for the 3rd time this season, the Steelers look to continue their domination of the skies, passing at will on the Ravens in previous meetings. The Ravens defense was in top form again this year but no quite the 'best ever' one that was impossible to live up to in consecutive seasons. The Steelers became one of the most feared teams in the NFL, surprising many with their 13-3 record. I gotta go with Pitt here unless the Raven somehow figure out how to stop the pass.

My Pick: Steelers

Edited By Keyser Soze on Jan. 15 2002 at 10:35

- crx girl - 01-15-2002

bears, raiders, rams(even though i prefer gb cos favre's cuter, now if only he would start drinking again...) and uh, steelers, yeah, i'm original.

Edited By crx girl on Jan. 15 2002 at 05:41

- AFDude - 01-16-2002

PATS, of course (c'mon, I grew up in the "dreary state of mass" how could I not pick them?)

Rams, Ravens, Pats, Bears.

- Snoteater - 01-16-2002

Eagles
Packers
Steelers
Pats

- slackjaw - 01-17-2002

Well, I see great potential for road dogs to steal wins this week,however, the chances of 3 road teams winning in the same divisional playoffs is unheard of.

I give the Eagles excellent chances of beating Chicago. The real factor will be how well can they stop the powerful rushing attack of the Bears. This has been the Achilles heel for Philadelphia all season, however in the past 4 games, they have done a very good job. Philly may have the best overall secondary in football, which against a relatively inexperienced QB, should allow them to keep 8 in the box most of the day. By the same token, how well can Philly produce against the powerful Bears defense? I am going to give the edge to Philly in a low scoring game, based on two facts. They are one of the best road teams in football this year, and a slight edge in playoff experience.

Normally, I would say that Green Bay has an excellent shot of beating St. Louis. They have probably the best "play making, game on the line put the team on my back QB" since the days of Elway and Montana. Ahman Green has had a breakout year, giving them stability in the rushing game. Unfortunately, their defense is pretty mediocre. St. Louis as an incredible offense, the most exciting offense since the Cowboys of the early 90's, and maybe even better. They have playoff experience and all-world players in Warner and Faulk. Their defense is still questionable. While they are inproved over last year, and their stats look pretty good, keep in mind that they almost always play with a lead. They usually have the benefit of facing teams almost forced to pass 75%. I want to say GB, but I have a hard time seeing both NFC road teams win. St. Loius in a good exciting game, total score somewhere in the 50's, maybe even 60's.

Which Oakland team will show up? The team that dominated the AFC early on, or the one that forgot how to put teams away late in the season? Despite New England's stellar year, they are a young team with next to no playoff experience on the field, including players and coaches. Their best hope is that they play the game they have played all year and Oakland is still sluggish. After the rumors of the Notre Dame job, John Gruden knows full well that Al Davis is looking for an excuse to let him go. Sure, he'd have no problem finding a new job, but no coach ever wants to be fired, he wants to leave on his own terms. I see him getting his ball club fired up, and that spells trouble for the Pats. Oakland wins, fairly easily.

The Steelers...... maybe too good to be true. Jerome bettis is the key. If he can put the team on his shoulders and find a way to score against the vaunted ravens defense (which is not nearly as potent as they were a year ago). Bottom line, this game is all about defense. Whichever team can force the opposing QB to make plays will win. Pittsburgh has had an amazing defense all season, and Grbac has been more inconsistent all year. I give the nod to the Steelers, while they may not score on offense, grbac may just score one or two for them. Steelers in a low scoring smash mouth game.

- DGW - 01-18-2002

What no spreads??

I like the Rams big, over 2 touchdown win
Steelers by 10
I'll take the Eagles and the 3
And the Pats minus the 3 or 4

- criticslovesnatch - 01-18-2002

My Picks:

Eagles
Steelers
Rams
Raiders

i see the closest game being eagles/bears, 2 great defenses.

- Sean Cold - 01-18-2002

DGW Wrote:What no spreads??

I like the Rams big, over 2 touchdown win
Steelers by 10
I'll take the Eagles and the 3
And the Pats minus the 3 or 4
pfft, show off.

Any picks made after 11 am tomorrow means no fuckin cookie, if you get them all right and more than one have it that way, a cookie for each.

If DGW gets them, but not by the spread, well, he gets half cuz I just fuckin suck! :burnfucker:

- The Sleeper - 01-18-2002

Eagles/Bears: This should be a close, low-scoring game. Eagles have the best QB and probably best offensive player on the field in McNabb. However, Urlacher and the Bears D will be the shit at home. Bears 13 Eagles 7

Raiders/Pats: Tough one to call. You figure the Raiders are a better overall team who just had a bad streak at the end of the Reg. Season. However, home field is very important, and the Pats are definetly for real. I'm thinkin this will be a wild game. Pats 35 Raiders 31

Packers/Rams: This one should be great, the 2 best QBs in the league in a shootout. Ya gotta give the edge to the Rams though. Rams 27 PAckers 20

Baltimore/Pittsburgh: Might as well go with Baltimore here cause usually at least 1 road team comes away with the win. Baltimore's got a lot of pride and played really well last week against the Phins. hell, I'm pickin a blowout. Baltimore 23 Pittsburgh 6

- AFDude - 01-18-2002

Quote:Raiders/Pats: Tough one to call. You figure the Raiders are a better overall team who just had a bad streak at the end of the Reg. Season. However, home field is very important, and the Pats are definetly for real. I'm thinkin this will be a wild game. Pats 35 Raiders 31

Nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks so!

- onehung - 01-18-2002

Quote:Nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks so!

There's others,,they just don't like to make predictions.

- Cluster F - 01-19-2002

Im new to this cookie business, but after my 3-1 week last week, i am ready to go 4-0 and receive a HUGE cookie.

Note: these picks were made before the playoffs started, but i still feel this way.

Packers vs Rams
Packers 24, Rams 22

Ravens vs Steelers
Steelers 22, Ravens 16

Eagles vs Bears
Bears 17, Eagles 7

Raiders vs Patriots
Patriots 31, Raiders 10

- Francine Banger - 01-19-2002

Philadelphia Eagles (12-5) at Chicago Bears (13-3)
This should be an excellent matchup between two teams very evenly matched. Don't expect many points to be scored here and the Eagles arent going to be able to walk all over the Bears like they did to Tampa. I think the Eagles might be a slightly better team than Chicago but Chicago has the intangibles in their favor. The Bears have the all important Home Field, I feel if this game was played in the Vet than I would give the Eagles more of an advantage than I do Chicago being home. But the Bears will be home and are coming off the week off. I expect this to be tight, low scoring, go down the wire and Ill take the Bears to edge the Eagles out, but I would not be surprised at all to see the Eagles come away victorious.
SCORE: Bears 17 Eagles 13

Oakland Raiders (11-6) at New England Patriots (11-5)
This is going to be a very interesting game and may very well end up being played in a snow storm. If it is, then all characteristics of each team go out the window and its just anything goes. The Patriots overachieved tremendously this season and a significant reason for their record is that they played alot of poor teams. The Raiders no question have more talent and despite the weather and the week off for New England, The Raiders will get the job done and advance to their 2nd straight AFC Championship game.
SCORE: Raiders 23 Patriots 13

Baltimore Ravens (11-6) at Pittsburgh Steelers (13-3)
Alot of people are jumping right back on the Baltimore Ravens bandwagon after their domination of Miami last week. I think the Ravens can be dangerous, but the Steelers are dangerous. The Steelers have been dominant all year long, they didnt just turn it on last week. Last month these teams played a huge Sunday Night game in Baltimore, where the Steelers walked in and took a victory. This isnt Jay Fiedler and the pittiful Miami offense that Baltimore has to contend with. Kordell Stewart will cause problems for the Baltimore defense. And for as good as Miami's defense is, Pittsburgh's is better and Baltimore will not be able to run the ball down the middle like they did last week. Pittsburgh is at Home, they have the week off, this is their year, not Baltimores. Steelers win.
SCORE: Steelers 27 Ravens 7

Green Bay Packers (13-4) at St. Louis Rams (14-2)
This game should be an absolute joy to watch and watch out for the Packers. This is a very good football team that can hang in there with the Rams. This game is going to be determined by the turnovers. If the Packers can not force any turnovers, they are not going to win this game. But if they can force turnovers and turn them into points, they are going to be right into this football game. The Packers have nothing to lose here. The Rams are already penciled in to be holding the Vince Lombardi Trophy come February 3. If the Rams are looking past Green Bay and not taking them seriously, they would be making a big mistake, because if they are going to be knocked off in the NFC, its going to be Green Bay. And I am going to go out on a limb, and take the Major Upset. They may not win this game, but I expect them definetly to have a chance. And Ill take the Packers to shock the Rams and the world.
SCORE: Packers 34 Rams 30

- DGW - 01-21-2002

Eagles 33
Bears 19

Patriots 16
Raiders 13

Steelers 27
Ravens 10

Rams 45
Packers 17

Spit's on the mark. So who do you like in the 6th race at Belmont?

- The Sleeper - 01-21-2002

Nice job Spit. I went 2-2, this is why I usually don't make predictions. I blow.

- crx girl - 01-21-2002

well, i'll be sure not to participate next week... :roll: