CDIH
Murder in my hometown - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Murder in my hometown (/showthread.php?tid=4327)

Pages: 1 2

- Maynard - 12-02-2002

OK, so many of you won't really understand the big deal about this because there's so many of you from the city. But try to bear in mind, that this kind of thing just doesn't happen where I live. I live in one of the wealthiest counties in the nation. It's been expanding by leaps and bounds the past few years. More and more people are moving out here from the urban areas, and it's becoming crowded. And with more people, I guess it brings more crime.

Yesterday morning, my brother (he's 21) woke up and did his daily routine (including rubbing one out. yeah i know this cause he told me. it will have relevance later) and decided to stop at the local FuncoLand on his way to work. He only works about a 1/4 mile from home, and FuncoLand is in between the two. Upon arriving at FuncoLand, he saw a woman who was obviously distraught and asking him to come in and help. When he walked in, he found the two employees (one he used to work with for 3 years, and the other he was friends with through his other friend, and hanging out at the store) dead. Both shot in the head. He really didn't know what the fuck to do. They called the police and he was questioned about it.
The police think that it was a robbery, but they couldn't give him too much info since it's an open homocide investigation. They did tell him though, if he was a few minutes earlier to the store, there's a good chance he would have been laying dead next to them.

He's vowed to jerk off every morning before work from now on.

Daily Record article

Have any of you ever had this kind of experience?

- Brokenjaw - 12-02-2002

Quote:Witnesses reported seeing a dark-colored, four-door compact vehicle heading eastbound on Route 10 shortly after the incident, according to Joseph Devine, chief of investigations for the prosecutor's office.

The driver was described as a 5-foot, 6-inch black man with a stocky build weighing between 200 to 225 pounds, wearing dark jeans, a yellow T-shirt and a black sweatshirt with a hood, Devine said. The vehicle contained two passengers, one of whom was described as a 5-foot, 11-inch black male with a medium build, close-cropped hair, wearing dark black jeans and a black shirt. The second passenger was described as a 5-foot, 11-inch black male, also with a medium build, wearing a long-sleeved, black T-shirt and dark-colored running pants with two white stripes running down the side.

How the fuck do you know what color pants they had on,the height, and weight if they were sitting in a moving car?

To answer your question, Have any of you ever had this kind of experience?

Yes, I have jerked off in the am before.

- Maynard - 12-02-2002

Nah...I mean...what the fuck do I say to this kid?

I think the descriptions came from people who saw them getting in/out of the car.

- Jack - 12-02-2002

[insert Magus video game joke here]

But in all seriousness.. that sucks dude. My condolences to your brother on the loss of friends. I cannot understand the murder of 2 people over some games.. Hell, I can't understand murder at all.

- Brokenjaw - 12-02-2002

Umm I have no idea what to say to him. I have had friends killed before, and it's not an easy thing to over come. I guess the best you can do is be there for him if he needs to yell/cry to someone. I have a brother and I hae no i dea what I would do. Good luck may.

- Maynard - 12-02-2002

My ex-brother in law had this happen to him about 2 years ago. His friends died in a car crash on the way to pick him up.
My ex-wife had one of her best childhood friends die in a motorcycle accident a few years ago.

but both the things, they just werent the same. they didn't see the person lying there dead.

- Weird NJ - 12-02-2002

Quote:He's vowed to jerk off every morning before work from now on.
Maybe he should be doing the opposite. God is punishing him for his sins.

- Maynard - 12-02-2002

I never thought of it that way Weird...

Maybe you're right.

- Hey Ladi - 12-02-2002

:disappointed: I thought we lived in a "nice" area

- Maynard - 12-02-2002

We do. and other than the pizza killings, and this....it's still pretty nice.

- Hey Ladi - 12-02-2002

there was something in Franklin or Sussex recently too, I think someone hit someone else over the head with a bottle? ... someone might have died.

it's really not a good story, when I can't remember it

- virgingrrl - 12-02-2002

see what happens when you live in the boonies?

of course i am teasing, all jokes aside that is an awful thing to have to experince. i too, have lost a few friends at a very young age, im lucky enough that i didnt have to see them in that state. the only thing you can do is be there for him if he needs you. make sure he knows that. and everyonce in a while check in on him...just to see how he is. that is really the only thing you can do..just be there for him.

- Is Don on the phone? - 12-03-2002

It's tough when you have to deal with a friend's death, it's even harder when you are the one discovering the body. Hope he gets through it okay.

Quote:How the fuck do you know what color pants they had on,the height, and weight if they were sitting in a moving car?

Maybe there was video surveillance in the store, or a witness who spotted them leaving.
I just hope they get the bastards.

- The Jays - 12-03-2002

...was this that Funcoland kiling that was on all the news channels last night?

- Maynard - 12-03-2002

Yeah, it was Jays.

- krahzee - 12-03-2002

Man that sucks.

If you really want to help your brother out support him and keep a strong eye in his behavior. Should you notice him getting or remaining depressed months after this or acting irrationally, get him to talk to someone about. Preferably a professional. I'm not saying that he will need to talk to a shrink, but people have different ways of coping with shit. Some talk it out with people they love and trust, while others tend to internalize things and let them fester (myself included). Just because he may be putting on a calm "front", doesn't mean he doesn't need to talk shit out. If there is nobody he feels comfortable with, talking to a pro may be the only way to get shit off his chest, so to speak.

Edited By krahzee on 1038895591

- FAST FREDDY - 12-03-2002

When I was 13, my next door nieghbor was shot in the head for being a bad drug dealer (no joke).
Even though I only caught a glimpse of him, as I walked around the police tape, I can still remember exactly how he looked. Just sitting there with his hand holding on to his lower skull (just above the neck, behind his ear). The outside of his hand, covered in leaking blood that seeped through his fingers and down his neck and shoulder.
A few days later, the chair he was sitting in (when he was shot) was on the curb waiting for the garbage truck to pick it up. It had a bloodstain that covered the entire right side.

Great, now Im going to have nightmares.

(no smokey)

- Maynard - 12-04-2002

So last night, I had stopped at Taco Bell....and a cop jumped out of the bushes. He was handing out Wanted flyers with a sketch of one of the guys. He said it really had the town shook up.

- Lord Magus - 12-04-2002

Quote:[insert Magus video game joke here]
Yeah, since I essentially live in the same town as Maynard....
I mean... I go to KFC and they've got the wanted flyer on the door... messed up.

But Maynardo, remember we get the weird ones and the serial killers in our area. The crimes aren't anywhere near as frequent as in the city.. but the weird/shock factor is there. Remember 5-10 years ago, the 2 kids and pizza delivery murder? They "Just wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone"?? So they order a pizza and shoot the deliveryman??
That happened within a 15 minute drive of where we're at.

- GonzoStyle - 12-05-2002

Quote:I live in one of the wealthiest counties in the nation.

You live in goatweeds neighborhood?

Quote:I cannot understand the murder of 2 people over some games..

That's why you should move down to detriot, grand rapids is too sheltered.